Get the phone you want!

Sousuke

As i've said in loads of threads, Buy what you want, don't let people's opinions take 100% of your decision.

I love iPhone's but as I owned all of the iPhones from the 1st Gen iPhone till the iPhone 5 I got bored of it which is why I am on android now not because the iPhone is worse than android.

It depends on what you like! Everyone is different which is why having a choice will always be good!

If you like iPhones go get one, they are amazing phones. If you like Android then get one, massive choice means that you will find one that you love. If you like Windows Phone then you can go die in a fire get one! Its 100% up to you and what you do with it.

At the end of the day its going to be YOU who is going to be using and paying for the phone. Yes by all means ask people's opinions and shop around for the phone that you want and can afford. Not all of us (Myself included) Can afford a £600 phone. 

This was a response to a thread before a mod deleted it (Which was the correct thing to do as it was a stupid thread to start with).

Follow this to get the phone YOU Want:

1. What size are you comfortable with. Do you love phablets or do you like having a small phone.
  2. What platform are you looking for? All 3 platforms have their eco systems and which one you choose will depend on if your in an eco system already and if your happy with that eco system. If you own Macs then iOS is a good match as you will be able to use a vast amount of features between your phone and the Mac also you would most probably have an Apple ID Already. If you love Googles stuff then Android will be for you. If you love Windows and do allot of things in that eco system then go with Windows Phone. Matching what you do now with what phone platform you want will make your life so much easer. Also look at the App Stores on each platform, has it got all of the Apps YOU want? If it has go for it if not then look elsewhere.
  3. Your budget, how much do you want to spend, either upfront or with a plan, how much is this phone going to be a priority for you? Going pre-paid then getting a cheap sim only contract can save you allot of money in the long run but will have a high upfront cost to start with. For example getting a 5.5inch phone upfront from Apple will be allot of money upfront however if thats what you want and the monthly payments are in budget then go for it!
  4. Ask peoples opinions on what phone is best, because even if you follow 1-3 you may still have 3-4 phones your looking at. Ask if they own the phone as the opinions of people who own the phone should have the best answers. Listen to people who will criticize their own choice as their opinions are the ones which will most beneficial.
  5. Network, now you know which phone you want you now need to choose a network, collate a few post codes (Zip Codes in the US) and use their coverage checker to see which network would give you the best service in the areas you visit the most, there is no point in choosing a network based on price alone I would rather pay more (allot more) for a network that gives me good coverage/service rather than one that wouldn't.

At the end of the day you should be making the decision on what phone you want. 

Oh last thing. Ignore fanboys, comments like "Android is better than iOS" or vice versa. If they can backup that claim with probable evidence then accept the comments but if they can't then ignore it.

So thats it, choose a phone YOU want not what the community wants. its YOUR phone and YOUR money.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

From the title I knew immediately this would be about iPhone, to be honest almost all of this is common sense.

From the title I knew immediately this would be about iPhone, to be honest almost all of this is common sense.

Its not about iPhones at all if you read the entire post. Its about getting the phone you want.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Whoa it's Monday and you're already ranting bruh? Wooshaa..

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Whoa it's Monday and you're already ranting bruh? Wooshaa..

Not really a rant more of a helping new members navigate the fanboy comments.

Yes, everyone should buy what they think is best. What people hate is fanboys who bullshit and have no idea what they're talking about when they say ''Apple is best!'' or ''Samsung phones are so much better than X''. 

It's a factual thing that Apple (and more companies, but mostly apple) are selling their stuff at a way too high price JUST because they can through their brand. I hate people who feel ''cool'' because they paid a certain amount for a premium product that's not really premium at all but just looks that way. I wish people just knew better. (Phones aren't the only market where this happens, by the way..)

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

Now if only people actually used this. The likelihood that most people will ever look at this and take advice from it is next to nil, just like the thread about what PSU you need. It's all laid out in black and white (literally) and yet people will still go and ask what phone they should get.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

There are many things people on the internet will always argue about. For example:

-AMD vs Nvidia, alot of threads about video cards turn into this argument

-Intel vs AMD, same as with the video cards, but in the processor section this time

-Apple vs Android, definitely one of the biggest across the internet

Arguments start really easily though, like somebody says something reasonable like 'Iphones are too light, i personally don't find them comfortable to hold', next a guy replies 'but at least our OS doesn't suck' and the argument has started that could easily take 2 to 3 pages. Not to mention people posting arguments directly, which is just childish.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

nice post dude

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Someone give OP a cookie

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone give OP a cookie

Never did receive my cookie :'(