iiyama XB2483HSU-B1 or BenQ BL2410PT

Wolrajh

Hey,

I posted a way too complicated topic a week back or so which didn't really received a lot of answers.

So I'm looking for a companion to my TN BenQ XL2411T which I use primarily for gaming. The companion would need to offset the flaws of the TN panel : better color, better "render" overall.

The companion would essentially be used for watching videos ( they look awful on the TN, obviously ) and the occasional CGI video work ( as opposed to photo / print ).

Other criterias include 24inches because of the distance, 16/9 aspect ratio because reasons, adjustable base.

So I ended up hearing about those two in the title iiyama ProLite XB2483HSU-B1 or the BenQ B2410PT .

Both are in the 200€ price range, both seem to be highly praised. iiyama I heard has excellent out of the box calibration, but the BenQ may feature some better overall rendition after calibration ( and I can borrow a Spyder ). Both are VA panels. And both are available at my local retailer, with the BenQ only available by shipping.

I'd have included links to amazon but for some reasons I can't get a decent result on Amazon.com :/

I was initially looking for a IPS panel but I didn't really find a satisfying one at a decent price. Still I'm still a bit open to suggestions - I'd just rather avoid paying more than 350€, which in itself is already a stretch.

Thanks !

I want to get the iiyama one too. It is supposed to have a really great picture. GIve me like 3 days and I can tell you if it is good or not. 

As a Price tip, I would get the one with the cheaper stand, if you want to VESA mount it: http://www.iiyama.com/gl_en/products/prolite-x2483hsu-1/

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I want to get the iiyama one too. It is supposed to have a really great picture. GIve me like 3 days and I can tell you if it is good or not. 

As a Price tip, I would get the one with the cheaper stand, if you want to VESA mount it: http://www.iiyama.com/gl_en/products/prolite-x2483hsu-1/

In the meantime I'll see if anyone else bites and gives some advice.

I'm a little biased toward the BenQ right now, but who knows ?

I'm not really planning on getting any kind of special mount right now, and if I did it would probably be some kind of wall mount. It's just that I'm not feeling like putting holes in my rented walls ... :D

No one else for feedback on either of these models ?

Come on I'm sure someone knows something :P

my monitor is still in shipping :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

The iiyama arrived and I tested it. I like it. The color is freaking amazing, it first takes some getting used, but after 2 days you can't live without.

The iiyama arrived and I tested it. I like it. The color is freaking amazing, it first takes some getting used, but after 2 days you can't live without.

Would you say it's very well calibrated out of the box? One of my pal more or less insisted on the iiyama's being awesome right from unpacking thanks to the industry settings.

Thanks for coming back to share by the way :)

Would you say it's very well calibrated out of the box? One of my pal more or less insisted on the iiyama's being awesome right from unpacking thanks to the industry settings.

I am not a professional, but I would say that the pre calibration is pretty good. I looked at some 4k images (it can only display 1080p) and the color looked gorgeous. 

Update: The viewing Angels suck.

Update: The viewing Angels suck.

Damn, really ? That's quite unexpected.

How is the base/stand ? Heard it was a bit hard to manipulate.

I'm still undecided and my reseller now have both only available through shipping as opposed to the iiyama previously being available right at the shop. Since I can borrow a Spyder I'm leaning toward the BenQ. Don't think I'd have a use for the missing HMDI port, and it would go well with another benQ, I guess.

But each time I read the comments on the reseller respective product pages, I just can't bring myself to just order the darn thing :D