Two Year Sentence For 3D Print a Gun.

http://3dprint.com/20019/sentence-imura-3d-printed-gun/

No words... 

EDIT: I was at work when I posted this and didn't have time to write something about it.

If he 3D printed a gun it's a gun but just with other materials, the objective is the same, and if the laws in Japan prohibit having guns it´s ok for the police to arrest him. 

And about the 2 years in prison I don't know, that really depends more on the laws than anything else.

The thing is that this can make people think that if you buy a 3D printer the is a big probability that you would print a working gun.

I read this in a news site from Paraguay(where I´m from) and the writer of the news said that 3D printers sales should be regulated because you can print a gun or a knife. 

That's just ridiculous.

No works... there's two right there... jk, japan has strict gun laws its a bit silly printing a gun then. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

And how is this a bad thing? They found more guns at his flat... Today it would be a lot conventional to 3D print a gun and kill someone with it than taking a real gun... If I was at the head of the goverment I would completely prohibit any type of fire arms... Japan is doing the right thing.... 15 murders in Japan 2012? Now look at USA, what does it say about the people and the goverment who are allowing all the weapons for civil use?

I agree with @werto165. If he knew guns laws were strict in Japan, why would he go about printing one? Let alone a functional one.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

And how is this a bad thing? They found more guns at his flat... Today it would be a lot conventional to 3D print a gun and kill someone with it than taking a real gun... If I was at the head of the goverment I would completely prohibit any type of fire arms... Japan is doing the right thing.... 15 murders in Japan 2012? Now look at USA, what does it say about the people and the goverment who are allowing all the weapons for civil use?

Hey come on, guns have good uses too. Like hunting for example.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

it looks like it could kill you, so gg da police!

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

And the results are showing: 

In Japan, annual firearm homicides total 

2008: 11

2002: 47

2001: 56

1997: 34

1996: 36

1995: 42

In the United States, annual firearm homicides total 

2012: 8,896

2011: 11,101

2010: 11,078

2009: 11,493

2008: 12,179

2007: 12,632

2006: 12,791

2005: 12,352

2004: 11,624

2003: 11,920

2002: 11,829

2001: 11,348

2000: 10,801

1999: 10,828

1998: 9,257

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Hey come on, guns have good uses too. Like hunting for example.

But would you print your self a gun for hunting, a gun that might be dangerous to your self and only be able to succeed in wounding the animal? This isn't about guns in general, this is about 3D printed guns.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

And the results are showing: 

In Japan, annual firearm homicides total 

2008: 11

2002: 47

2001: 56

1997: 34

1996: 36

1995: 42

In the United States, annual firearm homicides total 

2012: 8,896

2011: 11,101

2010: 11,078

2009: 11,493

2008: 12,179

2007: 12,632

2006: 12,791

2005: 12,352

2004: 11,624

2003: 11,920

2002: 11,829

2001: 11,348

2000: 10,801

1999: 10,828

1998: 9,257

What do you say both you and I learn Japanese and go live in Tokyo?

But would you print your self a gun for hunting, a gun that might be dangerous to your self and only be able to succeed in wounding the animal? This isn't about guns in general, this is about 3D printed guns.

How does that make sense? Gun is a gun, and a 3d printed gun is still a gun... Both are dangerous, and should be extremely prohibited and only used in Army.

What do you say both you and I learn Japanese and go live in Tokyo?

With japan having the second highest average internet speed at 12.8MB/s or 102.4Mb/s, i'm right with you.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I was confused until I read that it was in Japan. I don't see much of a problem since they did break the law. It would be different if it wasn't even close to functional.

How does that make sense? Gun is a gun, and a 3d printed gun is still a gun... Both are dangerous, and should be extremely prohibited and only used in Army.

There only dangerous in the wrong hands..A gun doesn't fire itself. I'm glad you don't run our country. 

Japan has a lot of other problem than gun control, suicide is one of them. And fat, lot of fat dude, they also love kitten to a point where it become dangerous for humanity. They also eat mainly rice, which is not the greatest food ever. And when the womans gets old, they have a tendency to become smaller.

In Japan, 29,442 people committed suicide in 2012 — 20,888 men and 8,554 women — which translates into an age-adjusted rate of 18.5 suicides per 100,000 inhabitants, about 60 percent higher than the global average of 11.4.

The rate compares with 12.1 in the United States, 7.8 in China and a surprisingly high 28.9 in South Korea.

According to the report, suicide was the second-leading cause of death for people between the ages of 15 and 29 in 2012. The highest rate across the age groups was among people over 70.

The most common suicide methods globally were poisoning by pesticide, hanging and firearms. The report noted the prevalence of suicides by gas poisoning in Japan.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Normal guns can still be regulated and traced, a 3D printed gun cannot. They also can guarantee that you will not lose an arm when you are legally hunting wildlife.

As much as guns are bad it isn't necessarily ideal to prohibit them completely, as long as they can be regulated.

If you have gun for hunting it is fine as far as I am concerned, but if you have the ability to 3D print armaments, that cannot be regulated, it can be a serious problem.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Ignorance of the law of no excuse.

If you live in a country where guns are nowhere to be seen, it's obvious that 3D printing one would be illegal. Making it open source was even worse.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

EPfcUqN.jpg

If you had words what would they be?

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I can't wait until criminals get in on this kind of shit and people realize that gun laws can't protect you. I wonder how many innocents will die in "gun free zones" before people realize that you have to protect yourself.

A shame that common sense is viewed as insanity these days. And anyone who quotes me on this topic, don't expect me to respond, I'm not getting into this argument for the trillionth time and devolving the thread.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There only dangerous in the wrong hands..A gun doesn't fire itself. I'm glad you don't run our country. 

is it really worth the risk. having guns legal is the most dumb thing ever. ask anyone in england and 99% of people are happy there arent guns about.

The guy I quoted was talking about all guns. Read the post.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

is it really worth the risk. having guns legal is the most dumb thing ever. ask anyone in england and 99% of people are happy there arent guns about.

Millions of law abiding gun owners would disagree.