Umm so my parents adopted some kid

brownninja97

So this was odd, i was told yesterday that im getting another little brother. So yeah i was like cool if you want to.

So today I come home and there is some random kid in the house, mother is like hey this is your new brother.

The kid is 8 and hes from Taiwan so im very confused as to how i should react to a situation like this.

Ive always been the little brother of our household and my older brother in at university so i cant really ask him for help.

Does anyone else have adopted siblings or some sort of similar situations because its hurting my brain thinking about this, the little guy seems happy to be here and im not sure if i should ask my parents as to why they did this, more importantly why they gave me one days notice.

He knows English thank the higher powers, well i guess this means i shall show him the wonders of computers.

It also means ill likely spend even less time on this forum. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wait, what? 

So...they just adopted a child and only told you 1 day beforehand? 

man...I would be in the same position as you, my brain already hurts just thinking about it, let alone actually being in that situation...

*Buuuuuut.....I would just say treat him like you would your best bud I suppose, since you are kinda "stuck" with him.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Did your parents give you the impression that they would try for another and not adopt? Because that is a little odd in my books. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

You will have to teach him to bask in the glorious shine of our saviour, the allmighty Linus. And then you can spend time on the forum with him.

/thread

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

just act normal :ph34r:

cute and cuddly?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Did your parents give you the impression that they would try for another and not adopt? Because that is a little odd in my books. 

this whole thing is odd, ironically it makes the first day of diwali

Listen if you care.

wow, that must be really odd. He is a stranger that just pops out of nowhere. I wonder myself if it is possible to build up a relation to him, like if he was your real brother since his birth?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

RKO him so he know's who's boss. Then teach him to praise our Lord and Master: Lord GabeN, may he live forever.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Show him the ropes and make him comfortable around members of the family... Have him help around (not order him around) with some chores...

this whole thing is odd, ironically it makes the first day of hiwali

Well, I would talk to your parents in private. Cant exactly go back now though. Just explain how you're feeling to them. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

wow, that must be really odd. He is a stranger that just pops out of nowhere. I wonder myself if it is possible to build up a relation to him, like if he was your real brother since his birth?

i doubt a kid from taiwan is of kin. Unless you know, my father was busy when he was younger.

Listen if you care.

Be his master

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Well, I would talk to your parents in private. Cant exactly go back now though. Just explain how you're feeling to them. 

yeah ill wait for my father to come home, im not  really angry, just want an explaination

Sell him and upgrade your PC.

ebay or craigslist.

Show him the ropes and make him comfortable around members of the family... Have him help around (not order him around) with some chores...

seems reasonable enough

RKO him so he know's who's boss. Then teach him to praise our Lord and Master: Lord GabeN, may he live forever.

so you are saying knock him the **** out, sure great advise

Listen if you care.

Plot twist: OP is a 8 year old Taiwan kid

you know the truth, now you must die.

Listen if you care.

That is a really odd situation, I would not be happy, and I would tell your parents about your concerns

Sell him and upgrade your PC.

thanks I just laughed out super loud at work ><

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You get informed a day earlier?might have something to do with you not spending time with your parents so they thought " It's getting so quiet here lets adopt a kid" .LOL but seriously this is very strange good luck with him for the rest of your life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

i am going to follow this one i want to know what your parents explanation is...

The only 2 things i can say:

What the actual fuck.

And good luck, treat him well and show him my wallpapers :<

i like your location