EVGA GeForce GTX980 Classified UK Pricing

HippY

How much are other 980s?  This is the first "over-built" GPU I've seen for the 980 so far, so if it's like ~100 GPB more than I'd be ok with that, seeing as this isn't really a "everyday consumer card"

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

£600 is insane

When for £800 you can get 2 reference GTX 980s

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

EVGA's acx 2.0 cooler is insanely loud though :(

you shouldn't be buying a classified card if you're not going to atleast put a custom block on it >.<

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Way too much, I'd consider throwing £550 at a 980ti, but I honestly struggle to excuse spending over £500 on a single graphics card.  Especially one with only 4GB VRAM.

you shouldn't be buying a classified card if you're not going to atleast put a custom block on it >.<

I guess but the MSI lightning is a similar card and it has a much better cooler so I don't see why they wouldn't make a decent air cooler for it anyway. 

I think the biggest competition for this card... is the Maxwell itself

You can get a card that OC that high for cheaper. or you can buy 2 970 and OC them

Although probably this card is for getting records under LN2

I love the classified GPU's. They are so overbuilt. I would imagine the best overclocks will be coming from this card. But who knows.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Considering that core clock is nothing another card couldn't OC to, these must have some incredible binning process to justify an extra £100

I'm hoping we'll see some 2.5GHz OCs out of these with K|ngp|n's help

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Taxes perhaps? Can't seem to find the US price so unsure. Outside of my price range either way :(

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Taxes perhaps? Can't seem to find the US price so unsure. Outside of my price range either way :(

The problem is that this card is 25% -30% more expensive than other 980s, and that is the problem, as we are not sure weather it has a potential that worth that markup or not 

The problem is that this card is 25% -30% more expensive than other 980s, and that is the problem, as we are not sure weather it has a potential that worth that markup or not 

Ahh, good to know. You'd think they could at least make it look good for that kind of pricing, but no, still just the ugly ass acx cooler.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's way too high. £500-£550, I could understand, but not up to £200 more than a reference model card. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Who is it for? I don't think that even EVGA could justify that price point.

Sidenote: 300 post HYPE

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Ahh, good to know. You'd think they could at least make it look good for that kind of pricing, but no, still just the ugly ass acx cooler.

Then again it is a card that should desire a high end WC or LN2 as personally think it is 980s Kingpin edition (although they leave it for 980Ti probably)

Eww, it has the old reference output layout (x2 DVI, x1 HDMI, x1 DP)

Thats. Way too much.

for a while NCIX was charging $999 for the Gigabyte G1 Gaming version of the 980

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

So cheaper than Australia? That's still too much.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

EVGA's acx 2.0 cooler is insanely loud though :(

ACX 2.0 is a manufacturing error, only 2 heatpipes touch the GPU because they used the same screw points as on the 7XX series. Thus less heat is transfered out and the fans spin more. And of course, cooling suffers.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.