Can't connect to wifi repeater's 192.168 address

darklighthim
Go to solution Solved by darklighthim,

I don't have a wifi adapter on my PC, i am using a powerline adapter to get internet to my desktop upstairs via a LAN port on my router downstairs with the wifi part in use for only my tablet and phone and now this extender. I set up the extender via WPS as i wasn't getting into the 192.168.10.1 address to do anything and it connected fine to my router giving me internet (connected via my PC's LAN port)

*Edit* Spent all day trying to work this out and as soon as i post on here i eventually do get it sorted. What i had to do was go into LAN properties on my desktop and then manually set TCP/ipv4 address to 192.168.10.111 for IP, 255.255.255.0 for subnet and 192.168.10.1 for defualt gateway whereby it let me connect to the extenders settings page but i loose internet on my desktop until i've set the TCP/ipv4 address back to manual but at least it works.

I bought a wifi repeater/range extender today and it seems to be set up just fine as when i hooked the device to my LAN port on my PC i got internet access plus where i have it situated now allows me to get a better wifi signal. The only problem i am having is in connecting to the IP address that is listed in the manual .

I type in the IP i'm given 192.168.10.1 into chrome and i get the following message instead of getting a popup or something asking me for login details. The same thing happens in every other browser i've tried but my internet is not affected outwith this.

This webpage is not available
The connection to 192.168.10.1 was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
  • Reload this webpage later.
  • Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
  • Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
  • If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu >Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

If i go to 192.168.0.1 which is for the custom netgear wifi router/modem supplied to me by my ISP it loads up fine and i can log-in then do whatever i need to that device.

Any help would be appreciated

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch

HI, 

That means that your wifi repeater/range extender is on a different network to your router. Are you sure you have internet on the PC that u plugged the wifi repeater/range extender into. Is the WIFI adapter disabled on your PC?

I don't have a wifi adapter on my PC, i am using a powerline adapter to get internet to my desktop upstairs via a LAN port on my router downstairs with the wifi part in use for only my tablet and phone and now this extender. I set up the extender via WPS as i wasn't getting into the 192.168.10.1 address to do anything and it connected fine to my router giving me internet (connected via my PC's LAN port)

*Edit* Spent all day trying to work this out and as soon as i post on here i eventually do get it sorted. What i had to do was go into LAN properties on my desktop and then manually set TCP/ipv4 address to 192.168.10.111 for IP, 255.255.255.0 for subnet and 192.168.10.1 for defualt gateway whereby it let me connect to the extenders settings page but i loose internet on my desktop until i've set the TCP/ipv4 address back to manual but at least it works.

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch

Yeah, I've had that problem a lot, I still don't get why manufacturers set the subnet mask to /24 if it is a /16 private block.

• 4 years later...

192.168.10.1 IP Address is utilized as a default address by Trendnet routers, some D-Link and some Zyxel routers. Established in Torrance, California, TRENDnet has developed to end up plainly a main worldwide systems administration equipment mark. From the system center to the periphery, Trendnet’s far reaching item portfolio incorporates Wireless, Wired, Observation, Availability, and Peripheral gadget classifications.

192.168.10.1 This address can be used by routers, modems, and other IoT devices such as webcams and DVRs.

you can check this site for the necessary information 192168101.net

Edited by fenix641

• 7 months later...

There are many websites about this https://www.192168101.info/

192.168.10.1 Password

When you will face IP address confliction problem, then you have to change the default IP address 192.168.10.1 and setup a new IP address. You need to know how to change the default IP address and setup it. If multiple networking devices like router or modem use in the same network connection and all of those devices use same IP address 192.168.10.1, the IP address confliction error occurs. You can keep the default IP address in one device from multiple devices or you can change all of the IP address from all devices. Changing the default IP address is the only solution for avoiding the IP address confliction problem.

On 5/6/2013 at 3:04 PM, darklighthim said:

you should connect to the extender by changing your computers ip settings and change the extenders ip to to one in the same net as your router