ASUS G751 Gaming Notebook

0:00, 0:56, 1:27

2:12, 2:15, 2:34

2:38, 3:15, 3:24

3:56, 4:18, 4.27

5:00, 5:06, 5:29

5:36, 6:28, 7:32

8:04

Linus... I know you feel lonely without Slick, but at least try to behave in front of the camera.

;)

If i may ask, what's up with the releasing at 4 AM?

Is it for international purposes (doubt it, viewer base seems mostly North American), or are companies forcing this on you guys?

As you said, a significant portion of LTT viewers are in NA. Testing out a morning release for EST US.

As Seantitmarsh mentioned, there is now a version available with more b-roll if you're interested in checking it out:

0:00, 0:56, 1:27

2:12, 2:15, 2:34

2:38, 3:15, 3:24

3:56, 4:18, 4.27

5:00, 5:06, 5:29

5:36, 6:28, 7:32

8:04

Linus... I know you feel lonely without Slick, but at least try to behave in front of the camera.

;)

lol, why does Linus keep doing that. Is there someone down there? 

"A very inspirational quote"

Linus

I know you've recentrly tried switching the whole "be sure to subscribe" etc etc messaging at the beginning instead of the end. I think it's an awkward segway/integration

but honestly, do you really think it's necessary? I think practically most of your audience knows how youtube subscriptions work in this day and age....

just my 2cents

As Seantitmarsh mentioned, there is now a version available with more b-roll if you're interested in checking it out:

Oh dat video makes me happy, thanks for taking the extra time to re-render and all

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

As you said, a significant portion of LTT viewers are in NA. Testing out a morning release for EST US.

It feels like somewhat alienating to PST/MST imo, but i'm not sure.

Have you guys ever considered an evening release, similar to WAN Show time, or would that just make it worse for most people internationally?

btw thanks for responding :)

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

It feels like somewhat alienating to PST/MST imo, but i'm not sure.

Have you guys ever considered an evening release, similar to WAN Show time, or would that just make it worse for most people internationally?

btw thanks for responding :)

It does seem to affect PST/MST the most, which is pretty crummy. This isn't necessarily a new standard, just something we wanted to test after looking at our daily analytics. Thanks for the feedback.

We haven't considered it (mainly because I don't have much data on what hour would be ideal for release later in the day), but I think that 4-8pm PST might alienate AUS (middle of the workday) and EU (middle of the night for most).

I've thought about starting a poll to figure out what our ideal release time would be, but I feel like there would be too much variance based on regional time differences. Could give us a better overall idea though.

Like I said, so far it's just something we're testing out. We'll see what the results are.

Npnp!

You guys actually went ahead and fixed it! I've got mad respect for you people!

lol, why does Linus keep doing that. Is there someone down there? 

Well I got two guesses.

1) He feels alone without Slick, and you know...

2) He has a phone or something that he does something with.

Ok, I don't really care either way as I am not getting one, but I am confused.. Linus said if you unplug it from wall power after already starting the game it won't use the battery profile in nvidia optimizer, although when he unplugged it........ FPS went from 95 ish to 45... lol. Is that not exactly what he said it wont do?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

You guys actually went ahead and fixed it! I've got mad respect for you people!

We felt that a fix was necessary.

Unfortunately we can't swap the new on in for the original on the channel at this point, but there's an annotation and link in the video description if new viewers aren't satisfied with the original.

I'm kind of stoked for this model because I've been thinking about selling my desktop in order to get a laptop for a while now. Whilst my desktop is fairly powerful I don't game heavily very much any more and something like would allow me to be more mobile and take it to friends/parents/other places instead of only having access to it in one place.

The specs look great and the price isn't too bad either... Any idea what the release date for the UK/EU is though?

I once made the mistake of buying a gaming laptop.

I thought it would be decent, it had a mobile i7 which could boost to 3.2ghz and a GTX 570m, an SSD and 8GB of RAM. I wanted a laptop for university, so ruled out a desktop. The thing weighed a fucking ton and practically never left my desk, then when it was time for an upgrade there were no parts that could be reused, so everything had to be bought new.

• 2 weeks later...

why would they put most of the ports on the right? 

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC