Windows aero problems

insanet4co

Hi,

I build my own pc about 2 years ago and have been having constant problems with windows aero working. I cant enable aero in the control panel and the aero troubleshooter tells me my video card does not support windows aero. I replaced the gpu after getting the original gpu I bought with my system refunded when I went to a technician to try and fix the problem. Aero worked fine for a while then the problem came back. I reinstalled windows, but I still could not get aero to work. I figured out that if I power on my pc, then restart it, aero will start working. But after I shut it down and start it again, it reverts back to not having aero. Another problem I have found is that games have random frame drops and the gpu load does not exceed 70%.My specs are:

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

AMD fx-4130 cpu

Asrock 970 Pro 3 R2.0

SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB SSD (As boot drive)

WD Blue 500GB

Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz Ram

Asus geforce GTX650Ti 1GB gpu

Corsair VS450 450W psu

Cpu and Gpu are not overclocked

All drivers are updated to latest

I would be grateful for any help

Thanks

AMD FX-6300, Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 R5, Cooler Maaster Hyper 212X, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast, Asus Radeon R9 285 2GB Strix, Apacer Thunderbird 240GB, ThermalTake Smart SE 630W, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

I recommend installing the latest drivers.

this can be caused by a bad oc.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

So you've tried both a reinstall of windows and a different GPU?

How're the drivers, do you have all o fthem? (Chipset, not just GPU etc) Try to use a different PCIE slot to see if it helps.

this can be caused by a bad oc.

"Cpu and Gpu are not overclocked"

scan for any virus, malware.. with malwarebytes, hitmanpro, spybot, all in safemode and windows mode.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

scan for any virus, malware.. with malwarebytes, hitmanpro, spybot, all in safemode and windows mode.

I used malwarebytes and hitman pro to scan and it came up with nothing. 

AMD FX-6300, Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 R5, Cooler Maaster Hyper 212X, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast, Asus Radeon R9 285 2GB Strix, Apacer Thunderbird 240GB, ThermalTake Smart SE 630W, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

"If the graphics card and driver were installed after Windows was first set up, depending on the manufacturer, you might need to update the computer's performance score, which will automatically enable Aero." -microsoft

couldnt hurt

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

"If the graphics card and driver were installed after Windows was first set up, depending on the manufacturer, you might need to update the computer's performance score, which will automatically enable Aero." -microsoft

couldnt hurt

This^

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

couldnt hurt

I have done this when aero is working, but when it is not, the test fails and it dosent calculate the score.

OC issues or re-evaluate the Windows Experience Index.

Nothing is oc and already re-evaluated

Did you update the Nvidia Drivers from the Nvidia site? And all of the Windows updates?

Hi,

I build my own pc about 2 years ago and have been having constant problems with windows aero working. I cant enable aero in the control panel and the aero troubleshooter tells me my video card does not support windows aero. I replaced the gpu after getting the original gpu I bought with my system refunded when I went to a technician to try and fix the problem. Aero worked fine for a while then the problem came back. I reinstalled windows, but I still could not get aero to work. I figured out that if I power on my pc, then restart it, aero will start working. But after I shut it down and start it again, it reverts back to not having aero. Another problem I have found is that games have random frame drops and the gpu load does not exceed 70%.My specs are:

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

AMD fx-4130 cpu

Asrock 970 Pro 3 R2.0

SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB SSD (As boot drive)

WD Blue 500GB

Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz Ram

Asus geforce GTX650Ti 1GB gpu

Corsair VS450 450W psu

Cpu and Gpu are not overclocked

All drivers are updated to latest

I would be grateful for any help

Thanks

1. go into Services look for Desktop Window Manager Session Manager make sure start up is set to auto, and down on service status, press Start, and restart pc.

2. look for Theme, make sure is set to auto and is started.

to easy search them just click on services and press D for Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and T for themes..

But is ok.

1. go into Services look for Desktop Window Manager Session Manager make sure start up is set to auto, and down on service status, press Start, and restart pc.

2. look for Theme, make sure is set to auto and is started.

to easy search them just click on services and press D for Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and T for themes.

All are on and started