CoD: AW - PC Min. Sys. Reqs. Revealed - 55gb of storage needed

OlekKing

WHAT? dont tell people not to comment if they dont know what there talking about then come out with this load of shit......the HDD is already upto speed the drive only stops when its inactive for an extended period of time......ssds are just faster and by a mile

Loading games from an SSD isn't "faster by a mile". Very insignificant spead savings, not worth the price. And yes, I know the drive only stops when inactive, I was showing a worst case scenario. 

you should shut up because your acting like you know what you are talking about when really you dont have a clue

If everyone one had to abide by this stupid rule of yours then no one would be able to comment on anything.

I had no clue of the feature and i remember i was interested in it maybe 3-4 years ago and at that time it didn't exist and people were on the Steam forums asking for it to be implemented. In the last years i never had a need for it and i never saw it being implemented so i thought that it still didn't exist.

Someone came along, corrected me, showed me evidence that i could see for myself and i happily thanked him for it.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Psykomantis00 OlekKing jaggysnake57

All of you: You have all stated your points in more or less rude ways. Just stop posting before this turns into the thread you all got banned for being a dick towards each other. No reason to continue insulting each other just to see who gives in first and to make you feel better about yourself.

My own opinion is that I personally prefer SSDs to HDDs, but HDDs have plenty of strong points and possibly most people (I have no statistics to back me up, but this is my assumption) still use HDD only systems just because they don't give a shit about the increased loading times an SSD offer.

In any case: Focus on talking shit about Sledgehammer and this ridiculous requirement instead of throwing shit at each other because that benefits no one.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

has anyone else noticed this requires less than the last game? or is it just me noticing they screwed up a terrible game again :|

Character artist in the Games industry.

Psykomantis00 OlekKing jaggysnake57

All of you: You have all stated your points in more or less rude ways. Just stop posting before this turns into the thread you all got banned for being a dick towards each other. No reason to continue insulting each other just to see who gives in first and to make you feel better about yourself.

My own opinion is that I personally prefer SSDs to HDDs, but HDDs have plenty of strong points and possibly most people (I have no statistics to back me up, but this is my assumption) still use HDD only systems just because they don't give a shit about the increased loading times an SSD offer.

In any case: Focus on talking shit about Sledgehammer and this ridiculous requirement instead of throwing shit at each other because that benefits no one.

I prefer driving a car to taking a horse drawn carriage. 

has anyone else noticed this requires less than the last game? or is it just me noticing they screwed up a terrible game again :|

Um, you're wrong. 

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri?gameName=call-of-duty-ghosts&itemId=11849&p=r

Everything except the ram and video card requirements went up. The ram limit was later changed in Ghosts to only be 4gb because everyone threw a fit. 

Um, you're wrong. 

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri?gameName=call-of-duty-ghosts&itemId=11849&p=r

Everything except the ram and video card requirements went up. The ram limit was later changed in Ghosts to only be 4gb because everyone threw a fit. 

inb4 this goes down to 4gb... Same engine... same models... tiny bit better textures... same piss poor game play as black ops and all the other failed games after Cod4

inb4 this goes down to 4gb... Same engine... same models... tiny bit better textures... same piss poor game play as black ops and all the other failed games after Cod4

I have a 7990 and Ghost is unplayable. If it's the same engine, I don't see it getting any better. I'm not buying this one though. They can't fool me anymore. 

I have a 7990 and Ghost is unplayable. If it's the same engine, I don't see it getting any better. I'm not buying this one though. They can't fool me anymore. 

so why are you having a pissing match on a game your not even getting?

Stop flexing and do something productive xD

so why are you having a pissing match on a game your not even getting?

Stop flexing and do something productive xD

Read above my avatar. 

Read above my avatar. 

read above mine <3 mine actually means something, not something i got from a movie poster :P

are you a mod? if not then stop side seat modding if so im sure there are better ways of modding than acting all holy-er than thou

as for your opinions...no one who has the money should run HDD only rigs....SSDs represent excellent bang for buck performance.....period

and why is this a ridiculous requirement?  games are getting more complex and have better visuals....well most of the time....bigger games are inevitable you will see more games going down this route

read above mine <3 mine actually means something, not something i got from a movie poster :P

maybe you could share that with the rest of us who speak English as a first language?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Lol wut? People, if you don't know, don't make a post. It's that simple. Steam has had this option for YEARS

Haha, no, Steam hasn't had this option for years. I've been using Steam since 2006 and this option was only added in the past 2 years, tops.

Haha, no, Steam hasn't had this option for years. I've been using Steam since 2006 and this option was only added in the past 2 years, tops.

err 2 years would count as years.....years being the plural of year meaning more than 1.....just saying

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Are you literally retarded? I've been using steam since 2005 and even back then you could install games elsewhere other than your main HDD. The only thing they added was that you could have multiple steam libraries. 

Are you literally retarded? I've been using steam since 2005 and even back then you could install games elsewhere other than your main HDD. The only thing they added was that you could have multiple steam libraries. 

post-2896-0-11550000-1413797954.jpg

I think that is because before they completely over inflated how good your PC needed to be in order to play it and people were playing on rigs way worse than the recommended specs

These seem a little more realistic

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think that is because before they completely over inflated how good your PC needed to be in order to play it and people were playing on rigs way worse than the recommended specs

These seem a little more realistic

or they took a list of the average specs from steam and just went "Meh that looks about right"

or they took a list of the average specs from steam and just went "Meh that looks about right"

Yeah that is probably more likely, not even looking and just be like

somebody grab a random recommended specs list and put it on the box please, we are too busy copying bits of cods from our previous game and copying Crysis

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah that is probably more likely, not even looking and just be like

somebody grab a random recommended specs list and put it on the box please, we are too busy copying bits of cods from our previous game and copying Crysis

i dont even think they copy anymore... COD is just a story/Audio and Mappack DLC that comes out every year and are like "GIZ US MONEYS SO WE CAN BUY HOOOKERS AND PLAY BLACKJACK"

i dont even think they copy anymore... COD is just a story/Audio and Mappack DLC that comes out every year and are like "GIZ US MONEYS SO WE CAN BUY HOOOKERS AND PLAY BLACKJACK"

I mean... in the same position, I would do the same, they are that lazy to make their own games, and they want to release their new "dlc" so frequently there are now 3 independent studios making each game

They are basically printing hookers....I mean money

I mean I was at EGX London a few weeks back... Queue for Oculus... about 50 minutes.. queue for COD AW 2 hours 30!!!

I mean... in the same position, I would do the same, they are that lazy to make their own games, and they want to release their new "dlc" so frequently there are now 3 independent studios making each game

They are basically printing hookers....I mean money

I mean I was at EGX London a few weeks back... Queue for Oculus... about 50 minutes.. queue for COD AW 2 hours 30!!!

i was meant to go to EGX London but my studio fell back on are demo -.-

"uncompressed cutscenes to make things as realistic as possible"

Yet another absurd excuse, the cutscenes are rendered real-time in-engine.

Battlefield 4 without any of the DLC packs is under 30Gb and the cutscenes in that game look absolutely astounding, leaps and bounds ahead of what Advanced Warfare has to offer.

Yeah sure, because Quad-Titans can render GI, several high-poly models with subsurface scattering and bumps/displacement... oh wait, they can't.

A cinema-class prerendered cutscene will always look better than a real-time calculated scene.

BF4 doesn't look all that good, especially its lighting.

What I deduce from your and several other comments: it's just another attempt to shit on Call of Duty. Tomb Raider had prerendered cutscenes too but nobody seems to complain about that.

144Hz goodness