CoD: AW - PC Min. Sys. Reqs. Revealed - 55gb of storage needed

OlekKing

System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
    • OS: OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit 
    • Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD PhenomTM II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better 
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 @ 1GB or better 
    • DirectX: Version 11 
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection 
    • Hard Drive: 55 GB available space 
    • Sound Card: DirectX-compatible

Source: Official Steam page http://store.steampowered.com/app/209650/

I was hoping that the absurd 55Gb of required storage space would only be applied to the console versions but it looks that since CoD: Ghosts this is now becoming a trend, with EA's Titanfall also sporting a ridiculous 50Gb install size mostly due to 36Gb of "high quality uncompressed audio".

Sledgehammer games hasn't released any information about the PC version apart from the just released minimum system requirements, all we've heard so far is that they have a "lot of love for the PC community at the studio" and that they're "committed to creating the best possible experience on Xbox One, PS4 and PC"; yet, they have refused to ever go into detail every single time they've been asked during press events or even their own Twitch Q&A streams. Very disconcerting indeed...

So what will be the excuse? Uncompressed audio? Uncompressed textures? Nothing we've seen so far justifies this ridiculous requirement.

What are your thoughts?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well for this I'd like bluray game disks.....

I don't quite think the quality of their game justifies such a huge size. BF3 with all DLC was like 60gb or so, but that is with huge maps and loads of high fidelity textures

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Speculation: The absurd file sizes are a deterrent for piracy... The files that are actually needed and used by the game amount only to 22GB at least...

wolfenstien was 50gb then again it looked good

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

"uncompressed cutscenes to make things as realistic as possible"

Yet another absurd excuse, the cutscenes are rendered real-time in-engine.

Battlefield 4 without any of the DLC packs is under 30Gb and the cutscenes in that game look absolutely astounding, leaps and bounds ahead of what Advanced Warfare has to offer.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

wolfenstien was 50gb then again it looked good

Definitely not good enough to justify the hefty size, the iDTech engine is just garbage to be honest. That game also had tons of performance issues and they never bothered to work with Nvidia or AMD to implement multi-gpu support...

Speculation: The absurd file sizes are a deterrent for piracy... The files that are actually needed and used by the game amount only to 22GB at least...

How? If that was so, it would be a deterrent from buying the game legally.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

People still care about and play COD? Mind blown.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Either they will be releasing new versions of consoles with 1-2tb hard drives that gamers have to buy for they're growing collection...Or the next generation of consoles are around the corner 0.o. Or game devs are slacking off and ruining the industry, Looking at you UBISOFT!!!!

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

I doubt anyone has the time to upload/seed a 40ish GB torrent...

still need 6gb of ram to play....

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

That 50gb can easily be cut down by pirates to make their version more appealing to the average user. 

Unless they had symmetrical upload/download (Google Fibre anyone?)

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

55 GB !--- 

One more reason to stay away from COD 

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

That "uncompressed cut-scenes for photo-realism" bullshit just made me laugh...
In the meantime here's BF4 which takes up around 27Gb:

2560x1440 Ultra 4xMSAA

(Beware uncompressed screenshots!)

ibkvvnk3FQKWQC.pngiGfCkOpkO9Vfv.pngizEXXS0UlUcSE.pngibsxQLmhEspVKs.pngiewlg1O0hmQJo.png

With 5tb hdd's being so cheap I don't see how this is a big deal. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236738&cm_re=5tb-_-22-236-738-_-Product

Did you just completely forget that many if not most of us use SSDs? And they're not cheap enough yet to get multiple 1Tb drives...

Apart from that, this kind of size wears down on the drives quickly...

People still care about and play COD? Mind blown.

This is probably the most interesting one so far, to me at least...On top of that it's cheap as hell on G2A, 14€ or 17$...that's the most i'll pay for a CoD game anyway.

i can tell there was no way i was torrenting 16gb at 300kb/s xD years ago

ive seen 200+gb naughty torrents o-o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i used to pirate and i can tell there was no way i was torrenting 16gb at 300kb/s xD

Well...In Europe most people have Fiber/fast connections. I have 250Mbit down 15 Up, you can't expect to get very good speeds on public torrent trackers that don't require you to register and give back what you download. There's plenty invitation-only websites that have trusted uploaders and incredibly fast speeds, you have a ratio and if you get below a certain number, you get banned.

Did you just completely forget that many if not most of us use SSDs? And they're not cheap enough yet to get multiple 1Tb drives...

Apart from that, this kind of size wears down on the drives quickly...

Did you just completely forget that you install your OS onto the SSD and your games on a HDD? 

Also, if you don't have 50gb free on your SSD you might want to think about upgrading (or getting a HDD since it's cheap and reliable).

Well...In Europe most people have Fiber/fast connections. I have 250Mbit down 15 Up, you can't expect to get very good speeds on public torrent trackers that don't require you to register and give back what you download. There's plenty invitation-only websites that have trusted uploaders and incredibly fast speeds, you have a ratio and if you get below a certain number, you get banned.

yea i know but any well known game is going to be well seeded even on public trackers... Ill be watching how many seeders gtav gets for pc on day one xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I don't need 55gb of free space because I won't be getting it. :0

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

yea i know but any well known game is going to be well seeded even on public trackers... Ill be watching how many seeders gtav gets for pc on day one xD

I can send you an invitation to a private tracker i'm in right now, for educational purposes only, if you're interested PM me an e-mail you use.

Did you just completely forget that you install your OS onto the SSD and your games on a HDD? 

Also, if you don't have 50gb free on your SSD you might want to think about upgrading (or getting a HDD since it's cheap and reliable).

Most people don't buy an SSD for OS only, are you joking? If that was the case then we'd only see 64Gb drives being sold everywhere.

I got an SSD to benefit from a fast OS but also to get fast loading times, in some games like ArmA, an SSD makes a huge difference because of the gigantic map and the way it's loaded as you play.

Steam does not have an option to have different games on different storage devices.