GTX 970s out of stock EVERYWHERE in Canada?

shorinman
Go to solution Solved by Hunched,

On Newegg, you can get an auto-notify email sent to you when they are in stock.

Just do that on every single 970 they have you wouldn't mind having.

Somehow make the email trigger an alarm or something lol, after all when I was up at 3am because I couldn't sleep, they added stock.

All these years of struggling to sleep normally finally paid off!

This might also be some use to you, doesn't have all the retailers though.

http://www.nowinstock.net/ca/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx970/full_history.php

So, anyone else experiencing the complete inability to even find available stock of these puppies anywhere in Canada?  I.e.  NewEgg, NCIX, Canada Computers, TigerDirect and Amazon.ca?

Like what the eff

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

Funny enough cause in Denmark we have plenty :-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

GTX 970 are just too good value for price/performance.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Not surprising to be honest.

I think Linus mentioned how far back ordered NCIX is for the Strix card. I forget how much but it was an absurd amount.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Did you try memory express?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I got a Gigabyte 970 G1 off of Newegg, they added stock at 3am. It was sold out within an hour.

Mine should be here tomorrow, it was flown from Los Angeles to Vancouver and thrown on a truck, and should arrive Monday.

Seems like they literally let me order it from the factory, didn't come from any Newegg warehouse in Canada.

Tracking number said it was coming from "Industry, CA" 

I was checking NCIX, Newegg and a few other places since the day 970's were released, the Gigabyte at 3am was the first time I saw it in stock.

Otherwise only EVGA and Zotac were ever available it seems.

It's most difficult to obtain a Gigabyte or Asus 970, especially Asus.

Hmm, this is pretty lame.  I want one!  I also find it very disappointing that we will likely not see any Titan-style reference designs on this card.  Call me crazy, but  I definitely prefer that good looking reference blower from the 980/Titan over custom designs.  If something doesn't happen soon, maybe I'll just skip Nvidia this time :) lol

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

All either out of stock, or backorder.  Hmm...

On Newegg, you can get an auto-notify email sent to you when they are in stock.

Just do that on every single 970 they have you wouldn't mind having.

Somehow make the email trigger an alarm or something lol, after all when I was up at 3am because I couldn't sleep, they added stock.

All these years of struggling to sleep normally finally paid off!

This might also be some use to you, doesn't have all the retailers though.

http://www.nowinstock.net/ca/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx970/full_history.php

It's full of them in Aus heh

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Well, I've made the tough decision to hang onto my 7970 until they release a proper reference 970... no more of this "half" reference plastic garbage bullshit lol.  I want Titan cooler, and until then, I'll hold off on the purchase.  IIRC, the Titan-esque cooler was seen on the 770 for a limited time... so hopefully the same will apply to the 900 series.

Im at memory express almost every day these days... They havent had even one in stock for quite some time.

All either out of stock, or backorder.  Hmm...

According to my source at this point in time canadas stock of 970's is nearly non existant. Having known said source all my life and putting into consideration he handles the ordering for my local memory express..... I highly doubt hes wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, the virtual lack of Canadian stock plus Nvidia's refusal to launch a proper titan-style reference 970 virtually eliminates the 970 off of my list of potential new GPU purchases.  Together with that and the imminent release of FreeSync, I think I might have to just wait and see what Camp Red brings to the table and strike when the time's right.  Cheers folks!

As far as I'm concerned, the virtual lack of Canadian stock plus Nvidia's refusal to launch a proper titan-style reference 970 virtually eliminates the 970 off of my list of potential new GPU purchases.  Together with that and the imminent release of FreeSync, I think I might have to just wait and see what Camp Red brings to the table and strike when the time's right.  Cheers folks!

My thoughts exactly! im thinking about a switch up myself, I need more vram rather severely :P lol

My thoughts exactly! im thinking about a switch up myself, I need more vram rather severely :P lol

As am I. I have a 780, which is fine, but not for surround 1080p which is my goal. I want to see what the 390X can do. Get a nice sexy black and red cooler and we're good to go! Especially if they have a 6 GB version. That or GM 210.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

As am I. I have a 780, which is fine, but not for surround 1080p which is my goal. I want to see what the 390X can do. Get a nice sexy black and red cooler and we're good to go! Especially if they have a 6 GB version. That or GM 210.

Since i already have the surround setup i can deal. The 3gb Is managing it (kinda) for the time being but im looking forward to either 980's or 390x's depending on the price to performance battle at the time. Either way ill be happy :D

The gigabyte G1s are also out of stock here in singapore my dad ordered 2 for his rig and waiting for the shop to call

Yeah, I find my 7970 still holds up pretty well but that 970 was just such a lucrative possibility lol.  It really is a shame but what can ya do.

The gigabyte G1s are also out of stock here in singapore my dad ordered 2 for his rig and waiting for the shop to call

So it seems that Canada is not the only nation with this particular ailment.

That's also one beast of a rig.  I'm surprised you're considering an upgrade from SLI 780s! Crazy!

This is a global issue, not just with Canada.

And there will never be GTX 970s with titan coolers available on the retail market.

Linus is my fetish.

This is a global issue, not just with Canada.

And there will never be GTX 970s with titan coolers available on the retail market.

There were some in the market early when they launched the GTX 970 and 980 my dad has a titan cooler GTX 970 frim gigabyte  but couldn't get a 2nd one for sli and they were higher priced then the windforced version

That's also one beast of a rig.  I'm surprised you're considering an upgrade from SLI 780s! Crazy!

the only reason im considering it is the vram, running triple screens is demanding but thank you! I rarely get compliments on my system. just hateful envy fueled comments.

I can imagine. Trolls everywhere lol. But yeah, the vram can be limiting for sure!

the only reason im considering it is the vram, running triple screens is demanding but thank you! I rarely get compliments on my system. just hateful envy fueled comments.

I can imagine. Trolls everywhere lol. But yeah, the vram can be limiting for sure!