Christmas Headphones Wish List!

TSM WifiTrash

Hey LTT community!

I've been looking at a lot of headphones recently, and was wondering which pair of headphones would fit the settings I would be using them for below.

-At school where they play music.....really loudly

-Listening to my entire music library at home

-Play some mobile games.....without distraction

-Watch some Netflix or read on my Kindle.....without distraction

My music library is a combination of.....I'll just link my Spotify playlist so that I can achieve better recommendations from the community: http://open.spotify.com/user/12157822627/playlist/47eJDvCcENH7C1unXEdNwg

And I also listen to Pandora in shuffle mode.

Here are the headphones I've been looking at:

1 - Bose QuietComfort 25

2 - Bose QuietComfort 15

3 - Razer Kraken Forged

4 - Audio Technica ATH-M30x

5 - Audio Technica ATH-M50x

I have a budget shy of $300, and I am looking for portability, style, some sort of noise reduction or noise cancelation, and comfort. If you guys have any other recommendations, leave a reply! I'm open to all opinions.

I'd say get the ATH-M40x, best balance of affordability, comfort, and great sound :)

"Rawr XD"

I'd say get the ATH-M40x, best balance of affordability, comfort, and great sound :)

Might as well get the M50x, still in his budget and don't cost much more.

Might as well get the M50x, still in his budget and don't cost much more.

I've always heard hype over the Audio Technica headphones, but I worry about carrying it around in my backpack, with all my textbooks.

Plus, the cord, although sturdy, is quite long. Hope I don't embarrass myself. :D

Does the blue ATH-M50x look better than the black ATH-M50x?

The QC25 looks like a cool deal, but keep in mind it needs batteries. Running without them makes the sound quite bad. Or, you can try in-ears like the 15s, which naturally block out more noise with the bonus of no batteries required. Whatever you do, don't ever buy a Razer headphone.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

@Dark_wizzie - i couldn't find the QC15s on Amazon. And, to be honest, I can easily get rechargeable AAA batteries. Let me find the 15s on Bose's website, and I'll get back to you. Yea, it seems the QC15s have been discontinued by Bose.

CHC Silverados have the best isolation I've heard, though admittedly I haven't tried higher end headphones designed to isolate. Sennheiser Urbanites and AKG K 271 are on my wish list.

I agree. Much better isolation than m50s or HyperX Clouds. I do feel like the pads on the Silverados are a little too thick though.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Custom one pros anybody? No? Ok.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I quite like the Sony MDR 1R. Their isolation is pretty good but not sure if the CHC Silverados have more isolation. I find the Sonys to be more comfortable too because of the softer pads although I wish the pads were bigger. . 

@ShearMe - I've never heard of CHC, so, IMHO, I'd rather avoid brands that haven't been mentioned to me. Thanks, though! I'll look into CHC more.

The Audio Technica ATH-M50x looks stylish, especially the blue one. However, the QC25 is customizable for virtually unlimited color options, but out of budget range. The QC15 are a popular pair of headphones, as the QC25 are looking to replace the QC15 as Bose's flagship noise-canceling headphones.

I don't know - I may be willing to spend the extra money and get the customized QC25. But the ATH-M50x looks very stylish. Any skins I can get to customize my M50x?

@ShearMe - I've never heard of CHC, so, IMHO, I'd rather avoid brands that haven't been mentioned to me. Thanks, though! I'll look into CHC more.

They got funded on kickstarter and only produce two headphones. For the better part of half a year or so, they have been on an amazing sale on Amazon.

Not ideal for everyone, but for portable use I thought they were great. Much better than buying Bose marketing.

@ShearMe - I have Google'd CHC - the Silverados look quite nice! I'll take a look into them and see how they compare to the QC25 and the ATH-M50x.