Which Should I Buy an iPhone 6 Plus or OnePlus One?

MuffinTopMike

Do you want to save $500? Android is almost equal to iOS in stability, plus endless customization. But if iOS is important go for the iphone

Android is in fact 30% more stable than iOS.

@terrytek @Aniallation I am never using TouchWiz again, but Cynogenmod seems pretty good.

CyanogenMod is like the best stuff ever. Features are limitless, it just makes the phone feel more baller. And the good thing is that it works on any Android device, provided it works.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've currently got a OnePlus One, can submit proof if you really want it and I've used an iPhone 6+ and personally I would recommend your OPO.

Being an long-term Android user I won't rant on about iOS vs Android besides CM11S offers great customisation options and so far they have been quick with updates.

From the battery life point of view and compared to a friends they are very similar, same with fluidity of the interface. The reason why I prefer the OPO is the lower price, how it feels in the hand with it being a lot easier to hold as well as the gestures and button placement I find to be a lot more natural to use such a large device.

The iPhone does best the OPO when it comes to the camera though. I find photos on this phone to be noiser than an iPhone in the night, but during the day they are more or less the same.

I've currently got a OnePlus One, can submit proof if you really want it and I've used an iPhone 6+ and personally I would recommend your OPO.

Being an long-term Android user I won't rant on about iOS vs Android besides CM11S offers great customisation options and so far they have been quick with updates.

From the battery life point of view and compared to a friends they are very similar, same with fluidity of the interface. The reason why I prefer the OPO is the lower price, how it feels in the hand with it being a lot easier to hold as well as the gestures and button placement I find to be a lot more natural to use such a large device.

The iPhone does best the OPO when it comes to the camera though. I find photos on this phone to be noiser than an iPhone in the night, but during the day they are more or less the same.

The camera also on the iPhone 6+ also has slow mo and it captures photos quicker than the OPO.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The camera also on the iPhone 6+ also has slow mo and it captures photos quicker than the OPO.

OPO has Slo-Mo just not at 4K, but it is available at 1080p. I've also found the OPO capture speed really dependent on the settings you're using with some allowing it to be instantaneous while others do take a second. 

OPO has Slo-Mo just not at 4K, but it is available at 1080p. I've also found the OPO capture speed really dependent on the settings you're using with some allowing it to be instantaneous while others do take a second. 

I didn't know it did slow mo. 

The OPO does seem like a good choice, I wish I could try the OPO before I buy, just to see if I really like it, but I suppose it isn't that expensive and if I don't like it I could sell it for an iPhone 6 Plus.

I'd say 1+1, not because I'm an Android fanboy, just because of the price. Compare it and think again if you want to spend that much more for a similar spec'd phone. Else I also would say "Whatever suits your needs".

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

I'd say 1+1, not because I'm an Android fanboy, just because of the price. Compare it and think again if you want to spend that much more for a similar spec'd phone. Else I also would say "Whatever suits your needs".

That is true I could buy two 64gb OnePlus One's for the price of a 16gb iPhone 6 Plus. I will admit that Apple products are so overpriced.

You are comparing two very different priced phones, and size, and everything... Iphone 6 plus comes at a stupid price point and is not worth it. If you had enough money, I would consider the note 4, big and has great performance. One of my sister had an iphone 4s, and switched to an s4. Excluding the difference in performace due to generation difference, she loves the android ui a LOT better than the ios. More functionality and more playablilty. Personally, I hate all of apple os, and they are stupidly overpriced.

To answer your question, one plus one all the way. Cheaper price, on par performance, use your extra money for a smartwatch like the moto360 or pebble steel

You are comparing two very different priced phones, and size, and everything... Iphone 6 plus comes at a stupid price point and is not worth it. If you had enough money, I would consider the note 4, big and has great performance. One of my sister had an iphone 4s, and switched to an s4. Excluding the difference in performace due to generation difference, she loves the android ui a LOT better than the ios. More functionality and more playablilty. Personally, I hate all of apple os, and they are stupidly overpriced.

To answer your question, one plus one all the way. Cheaper price, on par performance, use your extra money for a smartwatch like the moto360 or pebble steel

You forgot to factor in Touchwiz if you talk about anything Samsung: the slowest, most bogged down, and downright dumbest Android skin of all time.

That is true I could buy two 64gb OnePlus One's for the price of a 16gb iPhone 6 Plus. I will admit that Apple products are so overpriced.

Not all Apple products. ;)

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Would recommend the Oneplus as well, cyanogen basically adds to stock android what is missing and makes it a nice experience and is even more customizable. The Oneplus is cheap, has a very clean look (no flashing logos on the front, just a small black 1+ emblem on the back) and the sandstone is an awesome material. Oneplus is also one of the only brands who doesn't mind you rooting your phone, meaning it won't void the warranty. Rooting allows for a custom ROM to be installed, the one it comes with is my personal favorite though.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Well, 6 plus has best camera if u care about that, its battery life is one of the best and if u dont have problems with IOS then no reason to go wiyh One Plus One. The "flagship killer" is for those who are on budget. If money is not an issue then thats another reason to go for iPhone.

With my medium hands and hate for less and less space in pockets to fit 5.5 devices in them i went with nexus 5 :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Well, 6 plus has best camera if u care about that, its battery life is one of the best and if u dont have problems with IOS then no reason to go wiyh One Plus One. The "flagship killer" is for those who are on budget. If money is not an issue then thats another reason to go for iPhone.

With my medium hands and hate for less and less space in pockets to fit 5.5 devices in them i went with nexus 5 :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Would recommend the Oneplus as well, cyanogen basically adds to stock android what is missing and makes it a nice experience and is even more customizable. The Oneplus is cheap, has a very clean look (no flashing logos on the front, just a small black 1+ emblem on the back) and the sandstone is an awesome material. Oneplus is also one of the only brands who doesn't mind you rooting your phone, meaning it won't void the warranty. Rooting allows for a custom ROM to be installed, the one it comes with is my personal favorite though.

Agreed, I think it looks better than the iPhone especially from the front. Cynogenmod looks really cool, it looks great and seems to have many additional functions. I am definitely leaning towards the OnePlus One.

You make a good point, buying an iPhone would be a safe option because I pretty much know that I will like it. Or I could take a risk and try the OnePlus One with android and either hate it, or like it more than iOS. 

That is true, iPad's don't seem too overpriced.

Was thinking the opposite really... :D I find all iOS devices overpriced.

iPad Air 2 WiFi only - 128 GB - 689€

refurb MacBook Air - 128 GB - 749€

throw in another 60€ and you can get yourself a proper productivity tool.

But then again, the money for Apples marketing and ads must come from somewhere ;)

You forgot to factor in Touchwiz if you talk about anything Samsung: the slowest, most bogged down, and downright dumbest Android skin of all time.

I completely disagree. Sure if you compareed it to a nexus 5, ya, stock android is alot smoother than touchwiz. But touchwiz compared to ios, is ALOT BETTER. Yes stock is better but being the slowest most bogged down right shitty android skin of all time, is completely wrong.

Was thinking the opposite really... :D I find all iOS devices overpriced.

iPad Air 2 WiFi only - 128 GB - 689€

refurb MacBook Air - 128 GB - 749€

throw in another 60€ and you can get yourself a proper productivity tool.

But then again, the money for Apples marketing and ads must come from somewhere ;)

Hahaha I think you're right iPad's are actually really overpriced. I think I would rather have a Microsoft Surface for that price.

I completely disagree. Sure if you compareed it to a nexus 5, ya, stock android is alot smoother than touchwiz. But touchwiz compared to ios, is ALOT BETTER. Yes stock is better but being the slowest most bogged down right shitty android skin of all time, is completely wrong.

Nope. I think that even iOS is smoother than Touchwiz, especially when you start installing a lot of stuff.

Nope. I think that even iOS is smoother than Touchwiz, especially when you start installing a lot of stuff.

I agree with this, TouchWiz is known for being pretty laggy and glitchy at times, even on the most powerful hardware, and iOS is pretty smooth considering it runs on some pretty low end hardware.

I agree with this, TouchWiz is known for being pretty laggy and glitchy at times, even on the most powerful hardware, and iOS is pretty smooth considering it runs on some pretty low end hardware.

Yeah, iOS 8 works pretty smoothly on the 4S, considering it's 5 generations old.

Buy the Xiaomi Mi4, its a beast in specs and its skin looks/acts similar to ios but with all the advantages of android customization you could want!