Anyone in the Portland,OR area that I can borrow a cpu from so that I can flash my BIOS

Hello, I just got my MB and cpu and did read the cpu support list on gigabytes website but apparently the cpu is only supported after a uefi flash so is there anyone that lives in the Portland area that is nice enough to let me borrow their for like 20 min.
by the way the cpu should be usable in a b85 chipset MB before the flash so that I don't run into the same problem as before
BTW it is a 4790k that I am using in a b85 MB my entire part list is 4790k and a gigabyte B85M-DS3H MB along with a stick of 8GB of TEAM Dark DDR3 Memory I also have a corsair cx430 power supply, a 750ti EVGA superclocked edition and a 2TB WD Green Drive

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.

You can edit posts, you know, to consolidate everything.

was going to, got lazy, I probably should have though

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.

Hello, I just got my MB and cpu and did read the cpu support list on gigabytes website but apparently the cpu is only supported after a uefi flash so is there anyone that lives in the Portland area that is nice enough to let me borrow their for like 20 min.  I'll give you 5-10$ I know it's not much but should be worth the price in gas.

by the way the cpu should be usable in a b85 chipset MB before the flash so that I don't run into the same problem as before

Sorry man, no CPU - Don't know of anyone else locally that does. 

But I and a bunch of other dudes are located here in the Portland area if you ever want help, wanna play games or hang out.

Here is the support list - looks like it doesnt support anything before F5.... maybe you actually got a bad board?

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4731

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Sorry man, no CPU - Don't know of anyone else locally that does. 

But I and a bunch of other dudes are located here in the Portland area if you ever want help, wanna play games or hang out.

Here is the support list - looks like it doesnt support anything before F5.... maybe you actually got a bad board?

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4731

Sure I would like to play some games, I have my steam in my profile if you want, I won't be on until I get this worked out though.

have you bought all the parts?

otherwise just return them.

4790k on b85 doesnt make any sense anyways.

I got the cpu for the cheap off of a guy that I know at Intel, the MB is the cheapest I could find and I am going to upgrade  to z97 anyways in 6 months

Sure I would like to play some games, I have my steam in my profile if you want, I won't be on until I get this worked out though.

I got the cpu for the cheap off of a guy that I know at Intel, the MB is the cheapest I could find and I am going to upgrade  to z97 anyways in 6 months

i would just spend some money now.

will save you a lot of headache.

-le snip-

I would upgrade now, it's always a lot of trouble when upgrading a motherboard especially because Windows can be a real bitch with that. Plus you'd have to virtually rebuild your rig.

It could take more time to find someone to help in here than just visit local PC store/repair shop and pay hour/min rate for them to do it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hello, I just got my MB and cpu and did read the cpu support list on gigabytes website but apparently the cpu is only supported after a uefi flash so is there anyone that lives in the Portland area that is nice enough to let me borrow their for like 20 min.

BTW it is a 4790k that I am using in a b85 MB my entire part list is 4790k and a gigabyte B85M-DS3H MB along with a stick of 8GB of TEAM Dark DDR3 Memory I also have a corsair cx430 power supply, a 750ti EVGA superclocked edition and a 2TB WD Green Drive

I got a laptop Pentium and an LGA 775 Core 2 Quad.

Will that do :P?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Go to a PC repair shop. "Do you have a 1st gen haswell CPU I can borrow for 40 minutes? I'll give you $30 and I promise nothing bad will happen to it"

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

I would let you use mine BRO, but i have AMD in ALL of my builds:/ sorry.

I could pull a 4670k from a build, although I won't be back in town until the 31st.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |