Help! Will not post!

Gammett

I just bought a 4790k and a gigabyte B85M-DS3H MB along with a stick of 8GB of TEAM Dark DDR3 Memory I also have a corsair cx430 power supply, a 750ti EVGA superclocked edition and a 2TB WD Green Drive

I just finished the build, plugged it into the monitor through dvi on the graphics card and it wouldn't post, I also tried to remove the card and use the integrated graphics nd plug in through the dvi on the MB and still no post.  The Fans turn on but nothing else.

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.

the only time that I have done that is through windows with a old MB, how do I do it if it won't post?

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.

Why would you pair a 4790k with a B85 motherboard and a 750Ti?

Did you ask for help configuring the build?

It is so unbalanced...

But yeah, update your BIOS

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

the reason why is my 750ti was from a previous build, I know someone that works at intel that was able to get me a 4790k at the same price as an i5, the B85 MB is the cheapest MB I can find for lga 1150 and I will upgrade to z97 later on the road, but yea how do I update the BIOS?

the reason why is my 750ti was from a previous build, I know someone that works at intel that was able to get me a 4790k at the same price as an i5, the B85 MB is the cheapest MB I can find for lga 1150 and I will upgrade to z97 later on the road, but yea how do I update the BIOS?

Dang, introduce the whole forum to that guy yeah?

Download it from the manufacturer's website and install via a USB of CD-ROM. (Not sure if CD's possible)

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

but how do I install it if the system won't post

If you have a random LGA1150 CPU lying around toss it in there and update it through the GUI, otherwise you can buy the cheapest LGA1150 processor or borrow from a m8.

ok, all my friends have either lga 1155, lga 775, or amd processors

by the way the motherboard is revision 2 so it should work, I checked the cpu compatibility list

ok, all my friends have either lga 1155, lga 775, or amd processors

So buy one on the cheap and sell it afterward.

The reason your MB isn't posting is because the BIOS version doesn't support your CPU.

I just bought a 4790k and a gigabyte B85M-DS3H MB along with a stick of 8GB of TEAM Dark DDR3 Memory I also have a corsair cx430 power supply, a 750ti EVGA superclocked edition and a 2TB WD Green Drive

I just finished the build, plugged it into the monitor through dvi on the graphics card and it wouldn't post, I also tried to remove the card and use the integrated graphics nd plug in through the dvi on the MB and still no post.  The Fans turn on but nothing else.

Hey Gammett,

Congrats on the build and the luck that you have with that CPU :)

As the guys mentioned, you would need to update your BIOS for that CPU to work properly. Depending on your MOBO and the CPU that you are considering, sometimes you can actually do that because the CPU would function enough to allow the flash.
Other options are, as the guys said, get the cheapest CPU for that MOBO, use it to flash the BIOS and then sell it. 
Another one is to google around and see what people have done. I've seen people ordering a replacement BIOS chip from certain websites and ask them to flash it to the most current version that you need (they usually get blank chips for your MOBO's size). This can be done in your chip is not soldered. 
Also you can look around for something called "hot flashing", but this is considered risky and involves another whole system.
And you can always find someone who owns an EEPROM programmer, and get them to do the flash for you. 

So far this is all I can think of. Hope this comes in handy, though,

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/