Rules for use of peripherals in cs:go tournaments

SteeleGamer

What are the rules for the peripherals in MLG CS:GO tournaments? For example, I know they aren't allowed to use macros. I was just wondering, I probably won't use those rules.

If you need more help on answering my question, this is the main thing i am wondering is: Are they allowed to rebind keys or actions?

Also, what are some things they do to step up their game? Like, (IDK if they do this) using the number row instead of the scroll wheel for switching weapons.

Also, I *believe* the peripherals they use are changed for who sponsors the tournament, but what would they use if RAZER (You call me a fanboy) sponsors the match?

If I was a comp CSGO player, they better let me use my damn gear! I know that's not how it works though.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What are the rules for the peripherals in MLG CS:GO tournaments? For example, I know they aren't allowed to use macros. I was just wondering, I probably won't use those rules.

If you need more help on answering my question, this is the main thing i am wondering is: Are they allowed to rebind keys or actions?

Also, what are some things they do to step up their game? Like, (IDK if they do this) using the number row instead of the scroll wheel for switching weapons.

Also, I *believe* the peripherals they use are changed for who sponsors the tournament, but what would they use if RAZER (You call me a fanboy) sponsors the match?

Makros aren't allowed, but they are allowed to bring their own settings files (just a few files with rebinded keys, mouse speed... what you have )

Step up their game? Well  in terms of warming-up they practice behind the scenes and in terms of getting better it is just a huge amount of time that goes into it. 

They bring their own mice and keyboards -  only the montitor and the PCs get sponsored. However because a lot of teams have sponsors such as Razer as well -  they often have to use peripherals from Razer

Rules that might also apply (Fragbite was the source)

6.1 Forbidden software installation

Players are forbidden from bringing, installing, downloading or using any external software or hardware that interacts in-game. It is also forbidden any form of modification that would alter the game or allow a player to execute, automatically, more than one in-game action. 

6.1 Forbidden in-game actions

The following actions are strictly prohibited during a game and will result in round loss (the amount is determined by the tournament director) which will be deducted at the end of the match, and a warning:

Any form of script is forbidden;

Using bugs which change the game principle (i.e. spawn bugs) is illegal;

Moving through walls, floors and roofs is strictly forbidden. This also includes skywalking;

"Silent bombs" (i.e. the planting of a bomb which doesn't make a sound) are illegal;

Planting bombs so that they cannot be defused is illegal. This does not include plants where multiple players are needed to defuse;

Boosting with the help of team mates is allowed in general, but it is forbidden in places where the textures, walls, ceilings, floors become transparent or penetrable.

MLG Starcraft II Hardware Rules:

Equipment Rules

1.   Players must provide their own mouse, keyboard, headset, and mouse pad.  Players must use the PC and Monitor provided by MLG.

2.   Players must provide their own Battle.net account, with an active Starcraft 2 license, for the North America (NA) Region.

3.   Please submit all mouse, keyboard, and headset driver requirements to rmoore@mlgpro.com by 11:59 PM ET on Monday, June 4th.

4.   All Player equipment is subject to approval.

5.   Players may not use a Wireless headset or a headset that requires an outlet for power.

6.   Mice and keyboards must utilize standard USB interfaces. Players may not use PS2 interface equipment.

7.   Players may not use 3rd party Add-ons.

8.   Players may not alter game files or modify drivers.

9.   For all Main Stage Matches, Players must wear noise dampening headphones and ear buds.  Players must wear the noise dampening headphones provided by MLG.  Players may wear the ear buds provided by MLG or their own, approved, ear buds.

10. Players may not disable the “Save All Replays” Gameplay Option, remove a replay, or copy a replay.

11. Players may not watch a replay after between Games.

12. Players may not have applications, browsers, or streams open other than the Starcraft 2 launcher or application and any necessary drivers.

13. Players may not change the video settings in Windows. 

14. Players who break an Equipment Rule #5-13 will be given a Warning.  Each subsequent Warning that a Player receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See Gameplay Rule #8).

ESL Rules which might apply:

Illegal script and bind examples

In general, all scripts are illegal except for buy, toggle & demo scripts. Some examples of illegal scripts:

• Stop Shoot scripts [use or Awp scripts]
  • Center view scripts
  • Turn scripts [180° or similar]
  • No Recoil scripts
  • Burst fire scripts
  • Rate changers (Lag scripts)
  • FPS scripts
  • Anti flash scripts or binding (snd_* bindings)
  • Bunnyhop scripts
  • Stop sound scripts
Customs Files

Custom-files are not allowed. Everything is considered as custom-file which changes or replaces the original ingame-grafics, *.gcf-files or sounds. This also includes changed HUDs, Scoreboards or sounds (volume, soundscapes).

Color depth

The usage of a color depth of 16bit is not allowed. Evidence of usage can only be given by ESL Wire, protests because of Screenshots are not allowed and will be rejected.

Graphics card drivers or other tools

Changing the game graphics or textures with the help of videocard drivers or similar tools is illegal. Furthermore any kind of overlay that displays the system performance while playing (e.g. Nvidia SLI Display, Rivatuner Overlays) is illegal. Failure to comply with this rule will result in 6 penalty points for the player and the team. Tools that only display the FPS are legal. Regardless of being actively used, if these scripts are found in part or in full in your config files, you will be penalized.

Punishment will be given regardless of whether the script/binding is executed via external hardware or software.

Also binding any snd_ command is forbidden.

Content of the Configfolder

In the config folder you are only allowed to have config files. Pictures, Demos, Screenshots and zipped Files are forbidden. If an Admin is hindered in his work because of too many unclear/chaotic config files, penalty points will be distributed. Protest and Support tickets opened because of this rule are illegal and will be ignored.

In-Game Overlays

All In-Game overlays - provided by the game itself - except the following are forbidden:

• net_graph 0
  • net_graph 1
  • cl_showpos 1
  • cl_showfps 1

I really hope i could help you with your question :)

In here you can bring own mouse, kb, mat and headset. If you are playing on big stage you either have to use in-ears and closed headset or just headset. You can still use mic from your own headset. Same thing is in ESL tournaments. Besides config files each PC have all main brands drivers pre-installed. So if you are using Razer Synapse, that is possible. Each team has ~15mins before their game to setup/warmup.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 years later...

I know that this post is old, but are you allowed to use rinput v1.44? or MarckV Acceleration Fix?

Idk about live but in esl or something like that there is software that captures all your process and takes random screenshots so no 3rd party programs allowed.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.