New accounts

KirbyTech

I haven't seen aggressive spam in few weeks so moderation must be working. Furthermore I see more people without profile pic (new users in my eyes) and under 200 posts helping others all around the sub forums I read. I don't see point of complaining about posters with under 25 posts. If you have problems with it, I don't see point why to make post like this. I mean you should have known to get more posts being against you than with you.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You are probably just experiencing the influx of people that joined for the youtube drawing/sweepstakes (like me). It will probably die off in months time and your usual nerds that hang out here will return.

low post count doesn't necessarily mean spamm, but many people might take a very casual approach to the forum before they get more involved with it. We might just see alot of it at once with the giveaways etc.. as others have said, we all have to start somewhere.

I've just posted in off topic, and my post count went up :/

if my memory serves me right, it did count in the past, but that's ages ago. Ages seen from the perspective that this forum is still very young.

low post count doesn't necessarily mean spamm, but many people might take a very casual approach to the forum before they get more involved with it. We might just see alot of it at once with the giveaways etc.. as others have said, we all have to start somewhere.

if my memory serves me right, it did count in the past, but that's ages ago. Ages seen from the perspective that this forum is still very young.

Also some people may have children, family and/or massive work commitments meaning that they will only ever be able to be involved in a casual manor. Furthermore when one's like count roughly equals their post count what does that say about quality over quantity :P

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

You are probably just experiencing the influx of people that joined for the youtube drawing/sweepstakes (like me). It will probably die off in months time and your usual nerds that hang out here will return.

Can't figure out if snob or troll.

Anyway, I think that the most people that participate on the forum will only help.

What about a snob-troll hybrid?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Anyway, I think that the most people that participate on the forum will only help.

Meh. I personally would like more quality than quantity.

Meh. I personally would like more quality than quantity.

Also true for a few other things  :lol:

some people (like myself) prefer to have their posts actually be meaningfull. Most of my posts are in the troubleshooting thread trying to be helpfull where i can. there are those of us who mostly just lurk until we're needed. Could i have over 1000 post count? sure. would it mostly be bullshit to get my count up? deffinately.   remember that low post counts dont always mean new to the forum.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I mostly lurk topics etc, and not posting that much even though I've been here for a good while. 

So quite frankly I must say that I agree with Kayn in that as long as they don't flood the forums with useless spam it shouldn't really matter how high or low post count they have. Just my two cents about this. :)

CPUIntel Core I5-3570k @4.2Ghz |  CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MOBOMsi Z77 Mpower | GPUSapphire HD7970 Dual-X 3GB RAMCorsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz (2x8GB) | HDD Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB & HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB | PSU: BeQuiet! PurePower L8 630w | Case: Corsair C70 Military Green | Display: BenQ GL2450HM 24" KeyboardCM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Keyboard (Browns) | MouseR.A.T 7 | Mouse padSteelseries QcK Mass | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | Picture of setuphttp://i.imgur.com/o8jKsQJ.jpg (OLD)

id rather see a bunch of newbies with the chance of some of them actually staying and becoming forum pals and growing their name here, shouldnt we all?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If one would start daily browsing in here, getting up to 1k posts wouldn't take that long. I post avg. 15-25 posts per day. Each day. Plus some reporting. With that rate I have got 500 posts in two months. Most are over 2 sentences long and help troubleshooting or give advice in several subforums. I could get more by just giving basic troubleshooting help on that subforum but I feel like my input isn't that important.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Is it just be or has the spam accounts started to kill the fourm. Every time I see a post from someone with less than 25 posts I just ignore it.

Says 168 post guy... We all started from somewhere kiddo.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I was an under 25 posts as well, and for long, and now look at my post count... Yeah...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

It takes time to get something like 1000 posts without constantly posting in off-topic, Also post count shouldn't matter, quality, not quantity. 

Off topic posts don't count towards post count.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Off topic posts don't count towards post count.

C7orbZY.jpg

@Extingquish

The difference here from other forums is that many of the new members are also new to forums in general. Many think one forum is the end all be all of the internet or their internet, there are thousands if not millions of forums for one to choose from so if its not a fit or you grow out of it there are plenty more for one to join.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.