Buying a new moderboard

I'm going to buy a new motherboard to my new computer and I was wondering if I should buy and msi gaming 9 ac motherboard or the asus maximus formula VII?

If you got any other suggestions on motherboards please comment, and I'm going to have 2 gtx 770 in this build so please comment if those motherboard are overkill :)

and just one other thing which mothetboard got the best sound?

I'm going to buy a new motherboard to my new computer and I was wondering if I should buy and msi gaming 9 ac motherboard or the asus maximus formula VII?

If you got any other suggestions on motherboards please comment, and I'm going to have 2 gtx 770 in this build so please comment if those motherboard are overkill :)

Formula ormula

how about not spending so much and get the asus z97 A

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I forgot to say that price is not an problem but thank for the comments :)

Both motherboards are overkill, onboard audio has improved enough that it's more then enough for regular use and any decent motherboard will sound good.

Get the MSI Z97 G45 Gaming

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Even though price isn't a problem, you could save enough money going from an overkill motherboard to a normal one that performs the same, to get a 120GB SSD.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

get the most overkill mobo and make 3 way sli with 770, how about that?

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Yeah, z-97A or gigabyte Gaming 5 would be fine. Both have comparable sound. You could use the money you save on a sound card if you find them not to be good enough.

I was told when I asked a guy in a computer store that an external sound card does not help then sound cause the sound goes from the motherboard to the soundcard then to your headphones, or maybe it was the other way around but anyway that the sound would be the same some how. Sorry if my spelling and grammar sucks I'm swedish :D 

That is plain not true.

The sound card is what renders and makes the sound. Exactly like a GPU renders and displays video.

So, just like a GPU, adding a sound card will be better in most cases.

Now, if you are using ear buds that are super cheap.... You probably won't notice a difference in quality in most cases.

+1 Swedish, I just don't speak it, but its I'm my blood :)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

With modern motherboards these days, then audio isn't an issue. The main draw for sound cards is the increase in power that they can output, good for high-draw headphones.

Sound cards are also good if you want to hook up more stuff. Example, my brother has his speakers, headset, and wireless headset hooked up into his.