Active subwoofer

Cyphex

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, but I haven't got any account on any PA forums and was hoping you guys could help me out.

Soon I'll be picking up a powered speaker, was going towards the Behringer B115MP3. Behringer doesn't really include the sensitivity and frequency response, but I'm thinking it's somewhere around 50/55Hz-20kHz.

I want to buy a cheap active subwoofer to go with it and get those frequencies under 50Hz. Any recommendations?

The Behringer you linked is not a subwoofer. What are you looking for precisely? Where/how will you use it?

The Behringer you linked is not a subwoofer. What are you looking for precisely? Where/how will you use it?

I stated I'll be picking up a powered SPEAKER, the Behringer B115MP3 and that I need a subwoofer TO GO WITH IT.

Edit: About the usage, I've got a french roof (around 80sqm) that I'd like to play music in every now and then.

Ah, didn't read it carefully. Specs of the Behringers can be found here: http://www.behringer.com/assets/B112MP3_B115MP3_WebBrochure.pdf

Are you looking for a real PA solution for multiple people or more a HT setup for a small group of people? SPL over deep bass or vice versa? Budget?

Hey, I'll maybe have 10-15 people max up there and only looking to play music through a loudspeaker. I decided only to get one since we're prob going to be drunk anyway and most clubs run in mono anyway. Call that ignorant but I'm also trying to make it cheaper since I prob won't be using this so often. I doubt the B115MP3 gets as low as 45Hz so I'll prob add in a cheap sub with it. My budget for the sub I'd say is around $100, but I really need it to be active!

I'd say it's not even worth it to get a sub for under $100 when you're running in mono and will be drunk. Most cheap subs don't go all the way down to 20hz anyways.

Most "commercial" bass is around 60 to 80hz anyway

That's why I want a SUBwoofer. Subbass is commonly around ~35-55Hz.

To my knowledge you can't get a proper active sub for 100 dollars that will cover 30hz and up with enough power to add anything to your system. IMO you should wait and stack up some change to get a proper sub. Cross it at the tuning freq of your tops, adjust gains and you're good to go.