just buy one and use it

Thanks for helping me make my decision on which SSD to get! :D (Not :/)

Yes TLC vs MLC matters not only that but I posted about that already here. Like I said already, for gaming I'm about Corsair Neutron GTX and look for Samsung Pro 850 and Intel 730.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Thanks for helping me make my decision on which SSD to get! :D (Not :/)

Any time ;)

The one with the best balance of read and write.

Yes TLC vs MLC matters not only that but I posted about that already here. Like I said already, for gaming I'm about Corsair Neutron GTX and look for Samsung Pro 850 and Intel 730.

No, just no.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

Look at the setup I have of drives in my original post. Should I swap the boot drive 850 pro and make it the game drive and replace the boot drive with a 530?

What about sequential and random speed ?

Even I didn't talk about sequential and random speed, since he will be gaming on this SSD like BF4 having a SSD having way more read performance then write performance is more about his needs then what your claims are. I'm sure he don't minds having longer installation time for way faster loading time.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Yes, a lot. You know AnandTech ? They already published a benchmark showing that Samsung Pro one gives about 2 times more random read performance over 530 xD Here's the link : http://www.anandtech.com/show/7438/intel-ssd-530-240gb-review/4

Every ssds out there (excluding kingston) is capable of 550MB/s reads (what really matters for games). So yeah, with 850pro you wont have better experience with gaming when compared to adata sp610 for example.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

A velociraptor in my opinion. I have an SSD for games now and I miss my velociraptor, although I much prefer having the OS on solid state.

A velociraptor in my opinion. I have an SSD for games now and I miss my velociraptor, although I much prefer having the OS on solid state.

I want SSD because they are silent

I want SSD because they are silent

That's why I prefer SSD for boot drive, but with the velociraptor it only makes the noise on read/write so when you're loading/saving a game - when u most likely have the volume up and/or are wearing headphones, or are just sat there y'know, waiting for the game to load/save.

That's why I prefer SSD for boot drive, but with the velociraptor it only makes the noise on read/write so when you're loading/saving a game - when u most likely have the volume up and/or are wearing headphones, or are just sat there y'know, waiting for the game to load/save.

I don't need the velociraptor, I have decided the setup it's a 256GB 850 Pro SSD as the boot drive, A 512GB MX100 SSD for games and stuff that won't fit on the 850 Pro, A 1TB Black for more games and main storage and a 2TB Green for backup and secondary storage. It's going to be freaking awesome! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm If money is absolutely not the issue and you just care about the performance then I would suggest going with the Intel 3700 series:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/intel-ssd-dc-family-for-pcie.html

If not, then I believe Samsung does have a 1TB SSD on sale at the moment for about $390.00 so you can check that out.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/241492-us-newegg-samsung-840-evo-kingston-ssdnow-v300-barracuda-1tb-ocz-vertex-more/