(I'm posting this topic from my phone)

Hey guys I wanted to know which is the best SSD of this bunch here.

I will have this SSD used as a drive for game storage for games with large loading times like BF4. Along with a 850 Pro 256GB as a boot drive and along with a 1TB WD Black for other games and a 2TB WD Green for backup and secondary storage. I know it's a crazy storage setup but it's just what I need :D

Anyways the 3 drives I can choose from are: (Also price doesn't matter I just want the best drive for storing BF4 and some other games also I'll be getting the 250GB ish versions of the drives since they vary) MX100, Intel 530 and 840 EVO. I'm sure a 850 EVO is coming very soon in the coming weeks :/

Also I have a 256GB MX100 in my laptop, It's good but write performance on the 512gb version lacks behind.

Thanks for the help guys! :D

Many will argue with me here but i would not use a sdd for game storage.It will write a lot to it

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

MX100 you don't need the higher speeds so you can save money.

Many will argue with me here but i would not use a sdd for game storage.It will write a lot to it

^

Dat.

But hey, if you plan on keeping just a few games on it, then it's fine. Otherwise you will need A LOT of capacity. And any SSD is good, the difference in speeds is so low that you shouldn't care if it's 510mb/s read or 540mb/s. Also, go for capacity rather than highest speeds. :D

MX100 you don't need the higher speeds so you can save money.

Money isn't a problem because they are priced pretty much the same at my store

For BF4 an SSD is great because it reads a hell load of data

Grab the biggest mx100 you can afford.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

(I'm posting this topic from my phone)

Hey guys I wanted to know which is the best SSD of this bunch here.

I will have this SSD used as a drive for game storage for games with large loading times like BF4. Along with a 850 Pro 256GB as a boot drive and along with a 1TB WD Black for other games and a 2TB WD Green for backup and secondary storage. I know it's a crazy storage setup but it's just what I need :D

Anyways the 3 drives I can choose from are: (Also price doesn't matter I just want the best drive for storing BF4 and some other games also I'll be getting the 250GB ish versions of the drives since they vary) MX100, Intel 530 and 840 EVO. I'm sure a 850 EVO is coming very soon in the coming weeks :/

Also I have a 256GB MX100 in my laptop, It's good but write performance on the 512gb version lacks behind.

Thanks for the help guys! :D

It doesn't. MX100 512GB pretty much caps sata 6gbit with reads and writes.

Corsair Neutron SSD :D

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Everybody here is totally wrong except lolbry9

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Games don't use sequential read that everybody knows as 500 mb/s+

Games uses random read where Corsair Neutron GTX is what I use it for, you can look at Intel 730 and Samsung Pro 850.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Biggest crucial or Samsung you can afford at least for value. But you could buy a better one if you wanted.

There really is no issue with SSD's these days, people are thinking of the early SSD's days. Even they were not that bad, I had 2 in raid (no trim ) and thrashed them. and one of them just died on me.
SSD's are the future, jump on the ship now.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I don't get how so much people are so wrong about computer parts tand then keep recommending shit they don't know what they talk about.

I don't get how so much people are so wrong about computer parts tand then keep recommending shit they don't know what they talk about.

Like what.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Read the posts here, people not aware of random read and sequential read where the 500 mb/s+ sequential read speed don't apply to every situation and task. Copying data from a drive to another use sequential read, games use random read.

Read the posts here, people not aware of random read and sequential read where the 500 mb/s+ sequential read speed don't apply to every situation and task. Copying data from a drive to another use sequential read, games use random read.

Cosindering we're talking gaming storage, sequential speeds are important, since games usually have big files, that are accessed sequentially.

Cosindering we're talking gaming storage, sequential speeds are important, since games usually have big files, that are accessed sequentially.

+1

All the games I play have a massive sequential read before the round starts (BF4 for example). Then hardly any access at all during the game.

Otherwise, games that access small bits of data throughout the game... Actually might not really care about the speed once you have a good 7200rpm or faster drive ::shrugs::

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Read the posts here, people not aware of random read and sequential read where the 500 mb/s+ sequential read speed don't apply to every situation and task. Copying data from a drive to another use sequential read, games use random read.

I am well aware but I am looking for a ssd suited for this specific workload

It doesn't. MX100 512GB pretty much caps sata 6gbit with reads and writes.

That's 512gb version I'm getting the 256gb version and the write performance doesn't cap the sata interface but it's still pretty good

Yeah, for storage you want sequential read speed. :P

That's 512gb version I'm getting the 256gb version and the write performance doesn't cap data but it's still pretty good

Write performance (especially sequential) doesn't really matter much. Its not like you're getting any better performance with other drives within this budget either (samsung is lying with turbowrite for example).

For storage you want sequential read speed.

For storage you want a lot of space. Period.

Read the posts here, people not aware of random read and sequential read where the 500 mb/s+ sequential read speed don't apply to every situation and task. Copying data from a drive to another use sequential read, games use random read.

These three ssds all have strong and week points, some have high 4k IOPS read/write and some like the EVO use TLC instead of MLC but that doesn't matter too much, I just need a good SSD to store BF4 and a few other games