Wireless headphones Yay or Nay?

minicale

I am tempted to get a pair of wireless headphones for my pc when I am watching videos or am just on skype as I find my wires on my headphones can get annoying at times.

I have a budget of around £50 if anyone has any recommendations.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Wireless = big no except if you really have to

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

For what you're doing, just skype and videos. I'd say yes.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

You wont find anything for that cheap

Actually, there are few wireless options that are cheap, mostly generic China products. 

For example, will you believe me if I tell you this bluetooth headset (built-in mic):

IMG_2620_zps25d11e60.jpg

costs less than $15 (about $12). 

If you take the price into consideration, it really sound quite good (remember, taking into account it's $12)

Actually, there are few wireless options that are cheap, mostly generic China products. 

For example, will you believe me if I tell you this bluetooth headset (built-in mic):

IMG_2620_zps25d11e60.jpg

costs less than $15 (about $12). 

If you take the price into consideration, it really sound quite good (remember, taking into account it's $12)

Taking into account that its 12$, they probably sound like sticking your head into your toilet to listen to music

Taking into account that its 12$, they probably sound like sticking your head into your toilet to listen to music

Yes, but they do exist, nevertheless :)

The sound is kinda garbled, bad frequency separations, and don't even mention soundstage. It's still enjoyable though, and still better than most $20+ wired headphones I've tried (believe me, I've tried a lot, from $10 headphones, to $1000+ IEMs). And I still prefer this headset than the amazing $300+ beats (surprise or no surprise). If only you got the chance of trying one of these, you'd know what I mean. Certainly better than what most people would expect from a $12 wireless headset...

Wireless is pretty good if you want to avoid wire clutter. 

However, Wired will be superior for your listening pleasure (In all technicality, there are only a few wireless cans that can match up to the best wired cans. That doesn't make wireless all bad by default, but you will be able to find better sounding wired solutions for less.)

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.