Case for Kaveri LAN build

Go to solution Solved by Ghouldude,

Ended up getting the raven, bought the flat cables pack for my PSU, I'll attempt to individually sleeve the old set of cables for a better look, the radiator isn't a problem, should fit in the ventilation for the GPU, and for dual graphics or discrete later on, a single slot 750ti or 250x should get the job done. Maybe even mod that PNY 970 to be single slot. Thanks for the help, and sorry I didn't go with the ft03, but it just isn't portable enough.

I'll post a list of the parts I have first:

PSU: silverstone SFX 450w modular gold rated

Motherboard: ASRock fm2+ITX a88x

APU: I have 7850k

RAM: HyperX Beast 2400mhz (only 4x2 set that was dual rank and 2400mhz)

Heatsink: I have two spares that will likely fit right now; the Silverstone NT06 and a Corsair h60 ( the preferred cooler )

SSD: Crucial MX100 512gb (SSD only system)

Disc Drive: Just bought an OEM slim line blu ray drive (40$ awww yeah)

Fans: 3 Cougar Vortex fans

Anyways, those are the parts I have, might have missed something.

The case I intended to use was the Raven RVZ01B, as it has a lot of features in a very small and good looking form factor, maybe I will use the ft03 if compatibility with the H60 becomes an issue.

Things I was wondering will the tube bending I have seen with the h60 actually be an issue, if it cannot be mounted in any other way to avoid this, can the h60 instead be mounted in the compartment used to house the GPU to nullify the issue, (Linus mentioned that in his video covering it sort of) and finally, any case suggestions would be helpful, must be mini itx though. Also, this is my first real post here, if I breached any protocol or you need any other info, let me know.

I am also heavily considering expandability, as later on I may want to gut this and turn it into an intel build. I was very very very heavily considering an intel pentium anniversary and 750ti build (especially with that dead sexy galaxy razor.)

FT03-mini is so sexy that it would be my choice! 

dude I so agree 

-BUILD-

CPU: INTEL I5 4690K GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE 970 G1 2.5GB CASE: NZXT S340|BLACK MOBO: MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H100i 

RAM: HYPERX FURY 2X4GB|WHITE PSU: CORSAIR RM850 850W FULLY MODULAR STORAGE: 1TB WD BLUE HDD OS: WINDOWS 8.1

As you're not using a GPU, you can use a low-profile case too. The Antec ISK-150 is tiny and has a built-in PSU strong enough to power an A10.

Expandability is a major concern a GPU will definitely be added at some point, whether it be a 250x to crossfire with the onboard GPU or a pixel pushing monster like the 970 or 980 later on with a reworked intel build. That means the ISK is out for sure (also built in PSU ewwwww) and the fortress ft03 would be a great case, but it's not quite at the same level of portability and ruggedness as the raven, I'd much rather scuff plastic than those beautiful aluminum side panels. Basically there would a lot of paranoia whenever I took it somewhere. My main rig is in a C70 so I don't need another PC to just be big and sit around.

For an mitx lan build I would suggest either a bitfenix prodigy or a corsair 380t :)

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

FT03-mini is so sexy that it would be my choice!

This.

Ft03-mini

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ended up getting the raven, bought the flat cables pack for my PSU, I'll attempt to individually sleeve the old set of cables for a better look, the radiator isn't a problem, should fit in the ventilation for the GPU, and for dual graphics or discrete later on, a single slot 750ti or 250x should get the job done. Maybe even mod that PNY 970 to be single slot. Thanks for the help, and sorry I didn't go with the ft03, but it just isn't portable enough.