Have you ever been let down by a game?Or surprised?

battossi

Also this game: shameless plug again to my tubez

has amazed me. I know it's like minecraft but it has a survival aspect....random PIGMYS! Later they will patch it so you can starve and freeze to death. Pretty intense. Still no real story line though atm. They just added some nifty items like log sleds. Considering I find it hard to play games( at the moment anyway) with my time constraints this will keep me on for hours.

Another let down..Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi. I had just played the raging blast series and was pleased..I figured dragonball z games would be good again right? THOSE CONTROLLS WERE UNBEARABLE! I was sad and went back to trying to power up irl like I did when I was 12 because it seemed more fun. LOL

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

£30 originally but I can't remember if I brought it in a bundle or not, it was way back when only valves games where on steam. defo worth it back then and no stupid hats either

Holy balls! Still would have been worth it though.

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

Total War: Rome II

£40 for a broken piece of shit which is still basically unplayable to this day. Fuck Creative Assembly for making Rome II.

The Mac version is even worse. It would at best detect and use 1/3 of your VRAM, and in most cases only see and use 1/4.

Which means folks with GTX 780m 4GB would only have 512MB usable in the game.

So they couldn't select more than Low graphics settings, even then it ran like crap and played even worse.

I have 6GB VRAM cards and could only manage High settings, even then it looked barely better than Rome 1, and selecting anything above High graphics would hard reboot the entire Computer.

They're still charging 50 Euro for that mess.

One Game that did pleasantly surprise me is Ryse: Son of Rome. Looks fantastic, and handles and plays well. It's a decent hack n slash. Although the combat get very repetitive. I do like the lore so far.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Have I ever been let down by any games? Too many to name so I'll just move on to games that surprised me.

Sleeping Dogs - I was expecting it to be another boring and repetitive open world game but I ended up enjoying it quite a lot. A lot of the the missions were fun, the combat system was good, solid story and characters.   

Bastion - Looking at gameplay footage I didn't find anything about this game that was compelling or interesting. I decided to give the game a try when I noticed it had a big sale on steam, turned out I was wrong. The visuals are neat, the combat was fun, the music was mesmerising and who can forget that narrator? Definitely will be trying Transistor when I get the chance. 

The Walking Dead - I wasn't expecting to enjoy this simply because of the limited interaction (wasn't too keen on the visuals either). The compelling story however made it a great experience. 

A positive suprise for me was Bastion and Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. I never heard of them them before i was the WTF is... from Totalbiscuit and now they are in my Top 20 Games of all time. 

Another positive suprise was Torchlight II. More addicting than Diablo 3 annd you can install mods. Also I never thought that i would love interactive movies (The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us) so much.

Big disappointmments however were Shadowrun Returns (loved the original, but it just doesn't have that atmosphere), the new Tomb Raider (nothing special - just another Action-RPG) and the biggest disappoinment for me is the Borderlands-Series. All my friends absolutly love it, and i just find the game extremly boring, repetitive and unoriginal after the first playthrough

So....just beat assassin's creed 3. I won't spoil for those who haven't played but...The credits are like 20 minutes long. My mistake was thinking they would be fast so..I was late to the gym. Holy crap. Good game though. That's another one I thought would be bad because of people complaining about hunting.

Pleasantly surprised.

Now to bust out the xbox one *finally* and get on that ac4. I will be getting unity and rouge on pc though. Should be nice content for my gaming channel and nice game for my new rig. I'm releasing another tf2 video today. I recorded a bunch and will release them through the week. Still surprisingly fun.

get rekt

A positive suprise for me was Bastion and Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. I never heard of them them before i was the WTF is... from Totalbiscuit and now they are in my Top 20 Games of all time.

Another positive suprise was Torchlight II. More addicting than Diablo 3 annd you can install mods. Also I never thought that i would love interactive movies (The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us) so much.

Big disappointmments however were Shadowrun Returns (loved the original, but it just doesn't have that atmosphere), the new Tomb Raider (nothing special - just another Action-RPG) and the biggest disappoinment for me is the Borderlands-Series. All my friends absolutly love it, and i just find the game extremly boring, repetitive and unoriginal after the first playthrough

I liked borderlands one. I beat 2 ....was not my fav. More of the same as you have said. I do however have high hopes for pre sequel. I'm getting that soon to go with my new rig.

get rekt

remember me ; the gameplay was just so bad it destroyed the game for me, i did not enjoyed it despite the great story

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

So....just beat assassin's creed 3. I won't spoil for those who haven't played but...The credits are like 20 minutes long. My mistake was thinking they would be fast so..I was late to the gym. Holy crap. Good game though. That's another one I thought would be bad because of people complaining about hunting.

Pleasantly surprised.

Now to bust out the xbox one *finally* and get on that ac4. I will be getting unity and rouge on pc though. Should be nice content for my gaming channel and nice game for my new rig. I'm releasing another tf2 video today. I recorded a bunch and will release them through the week. Still surprisingly fun.

Although there were a lot of things about AC3 I didn't like, I did enjoy the game overall. And yeah those darn credits!!

Crysis 2 brought in a new era of console peasantry with

-Arcade environment

-Very low draw distance

-Dumber AI than Half life(1998)

-Linear Gameplay

Where is Crytek now?RIP

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

-Arcade environment

-Very low draw distance

-Linear Gameplay

Where is Crytek now?RIP

LOLOLOL half life

get rekt

-Arcade environment

-Very low draw distance

-Linear Gameplay

Where is Crytek now?RIP

LOLOLOl Half Life

get rekt

Although there were a lot of things about AC3 I didn't like, I did enjoy the game overall. And yeah those darn credits!!

I must admit...shocked at the little how do you like them apples achiev. I liked playing haytham. Too bad haha!

get rekt

my tf 2 video is up. STILL LOVING IT! Starting AC4 today. Will update ya!

get rekt

Shaun White's Skateboarding sucked lol.

Got LittleBigPlanet with my PS3, it kicked ass.

Bought Dead Space for cheap way back when I didn't play shooters at all, loved it.

I didn't like Red Faction II, it sucked ass.

Shaun White's Skateboarding sucked lol.

Got LittleBigPlanet with my PS3, it kicked ass.

Bought Dead Space for cheap way back when I didn't play shooters at all, loved it.

I didn't like Red Faction II, it sucked ass.

Well, i wouldn't really say Dead Space is a shooter. More a horror-RPG with shooter elements (like Bioshock 1+2 although Dead Space is much scarier)

I was super excited for Watch Dogs. I'm really glad that I was smart and waited for the reviews of the game instead of pre-ordering the game.

A0yCN16.png

Seemed like a stupid game to me, guess who's addicted now.

Well, not addicted, but I play it a lot lately.

Disappointments:

One of the bigger ones is gran turismo 5, s after near a decade wait and playing forza 2&3 gt5 did not live up to the promise, more cars, but half of them were unchanged from 4, the driving physics was still off with little lean and overly slippery controls, and the online was entirely broken

BioShock infinite: paid 40$ dollars for this junk after all the high ratings and general praise, as well as a friend who got it with gaming evolved telling me I need to play it. Besides the incoherent plot, the middling gameplay, 2 gun rule, difficulty spikes and, 3deep5me ending, it just isn't fun. Play BioShock 1 instead, I played it after and its better in every way.

SimCity 2013: what can I say, the mention of the name of this dreadful cancer on the series full gets me mad. I played both betas and they were tone restricted, so they didn't really show the ways the series had degenerated since the 4th installment 10 years earlier. With smaller maps, a limited tax system, poor traffic implementation, with no Terra forming, forced online through limited resources, and limited jobs vs residential space. On top of countless other problems + launch issues this is probably my only 0/10 game. Play cities CL it's the proper sequel

Resistance 2: resistance 1 is my favorite console shooter from last gen with its mix of interesting weapons, cool, if one more characters, old school gun play, and the best co-op I've ever played in a shooter all led to my massive disappointment in its sequel, when developer insomniac went for the halo crowd by muddying up the image, adding in 2 gun rule and replacing health packs with regenerating health I was rightfully mad, when they pulled out the co-op and replaced it with side story co-op balanced for 8 people in wave style battles I dropped it completely. Luckily insomniac saw the err in their ways and went back to the style of the first game for the end of the trilogy and it was one of the best games on PS3 but the damage done to the series from the mediocre second game ensured it would be the worst selling entry in the series, killing it dead, I would be hype for sunset overdrive if I was an xbot.

Dead space 3: after the phenomenal first two games being a few others I hold as some of the best if the generation 3 missed the mark entirely, further moving past 2s focus on action gameplay and implementing co-op it destroyed what made the first 2 enjoyable and while it isn't a terrible game it falls flat in the face of its better precursors.

Rock band 3 pulled the money system out and who ever heard of pro bono rock stars.

Surprises:

Red dead redemption: having only decided to play this game last year after shelving it expecting GTA IV on horses it blew me away how great rockstar is when they aren't hassled with making GTA games. With an amazing soundtrack beautiful visuals and a great feel for the main character i was hugely disappointed I didn't play this on launch when the online was still alive

Absolutely a 9/10

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

CS:Go the graphics are soo bad paid the 15$ too

Wow. You obviously don't know a lot about counter strike in general if you make this comment.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Wow. You obviously don't know a lot about counter strike in general if you make this comment.

the game itself is fun and I play it alot just dont like the graphics too much

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Watch_Dogs

Ditttttto. Although, with TheWorse Mod 1.0 and Maldo textures plus some other tweaks, it works nearly perfectly (minus the CPU bottlenecking my 7970 experiences.)

Biggest let down ever, however, was GTA IV. After years of playing this game on friends' consoles I loved every aspect of it. So when I finally got my build done and installed it, wooow what a PoS to get to run smoothly.

Yeap. What a bloody shame.

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

the game itself is fun and I play it alot just dont like the graphics too much

I will never understand people like you.

Pleasantly surprised by Sleeping Dogs

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)