Have you ever been let down by a game?Or surprised?

battossi

There was a time when the Cray 2 was the world's fastest computer, it required a giant water cooling system and used 200000 watts of power under full load (yes, 200 thousand watts).

26 years later, a device that could be passively cooled, ran off a battery, and fit in the palm of your hand was released, with almost ten times the processing power of the Cray 2, and that device, was the Galaxy S3. 

Thats insane!

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 was ridiculous! All they did was advertise the demo of the game which was the 1st 20 minutes of the game which was amazing by the way. I'm still upset about that game, it's one of the few games I couldn't bare to finish. I quit once the guns came into play. I decided to just watch the rest of the cutscenes. The 3DS game could have been such a good AAA game.

Agreed haha!

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

Prolly better with a controller haha!

Controllers are terrible for fps games. Racing games yes, controllers are a must. Id never attempt to play a game with a controller where other plays can shoot you. You're just asking to to be killed first  :P

Controllers are terrible for fps games. Racing games yes, controllers are a must. Id never attempt to play a game with a controller where other plays can shoot you. You're just asking to to be killed first  :P

I agree to an extent. Although...I am weird and prefer borderlands on the xbox. Although...I am liking my razor naga epic. Sure as hell beats my old mouse. It has a nice...hand feel? to it. I do have big hands though...yay for being 6'5!

get rekt

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 was ridiculous! All they did was advertise the demo of the game which was the 1st 20 minutes of the game which was amazing by the way. I'm still upset about that game, it's one of the few games I couldn't bare to finish. I quit once the guns came into play. I decided to just watch the rest of the cutscenes. The 3DS game could have been such a good AAA game.

Right?! It was like they wrapped some crappy game around the actual intended product. I just wanted to stay in the castle. I don't understand why they were so hell bent on bringing it into the modern day.

The 3DS game was amazing, in my opinion, for what it was. I enjoyed how it was a throw back to older Castlevania games, like Symphony of the Night.

Every time I watch the trailer for LoS2 I just think "You guys had one job: MAKE MORE OF THIS!!!! *flails arms wildly* "

Whats wrong with the controls? Its honestly like any other game.

Ever walked off a crane or building? There is like an artificial dead-zone to the walking mechanic that makes me want to smash my keyboard 

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

haha! I stuck to lost chapters as to leave one of my fav xbox games alone.

I am glad they release Fable Anniversary for PC, though. They still should have released it with all the new weapons and armor, etc. rather than charging for more DLC after you've spent $20 on a game you most likely already bought several years ago for $40-50--especially since they only updated graphics textures, meshes, and UI.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

Borderlands 2.  I got it free with my 670 and was ambivalent towards it since I got bored with Borderlands 1.  When I gave it a try, I was honestly surprised at how interested in was in the world, appreciated the change in environments (a major gripe I had with the first), and shocked at how much I enjoyed the music.  I ended up putting over 600 hours into the sequel.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

Borderlands 2.  I got it free with my 670 and was ambivalent towards it since I got bored with Borderlands 1.  When I gave it a try, I was honestly surprised at how interested in was in the world, appreciated the change in environments (a major gripe I had with the first), and shocked at how much I enjoyed the music.  I ended up putting over 600 hours into the sequel.

Who didn't play the psyco just from the trailer? haha!

get rekt

I am glad they release Fable Anniversary for PC, though. They still should have released it with all the new weapons and armor, etc. rather than charging for more DLC after you've spent $20 on a game you most likely already bought several years ago for $40-50--especially since they only updated graphics textures, meshes, and UI.

Same here. They really should have put all the dlc in one but...where there is money...*looks at minecraft and those skyrim skins I wanted*

get rekt

I recently got the newest Tomb Raider on sale @ Steam for $5. I have been shocked by the production quality of this game in every way. Too short though. Otherwise a total 10/10.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

CS:Go the graphics are soo bad paid the 15$ too

Because graphics are the main reason people play this game.... You know people still play 1.6, right?

Borderlands the presequel and watchdogs, two big let downs so far.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Touhou 7.5 IaMP... I was expecting a figting game...

I got a figting game with cute little sprites and awesome characters...

The Evil Within.

I was looking forward to it, sadly it looks bad, they lied about the aspect ratio, the performance is abysmal, and the input lag and controls are terrible. Couple that with very boring and tedious gameplay, with an incoherent plot it was a total let down and waste of money.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Well, The Evil Within was a huge let down. 

I was really hyped for it and then I ended up cancelling my pre-order 24 hours before the release ( I found some articles about the aspect ratio + the framerate ).

I tried the pirated version hoping for a decent game. NOPE.

DARK.
DARK looked like a very cool stealth game with vampires and shit.

Terrible game.

Probably the biggest let down for me was Splinter Cell Conviction.

Instead of a Splinter Cell, they gave me a CoD in third person.

Surprises?

There were a lot of games that surprised me.

Probably the biggest surprise was The Witcher.

I never heard about it and I just picked it up from Gamestop for something like 10 euros in 2008-2009.

Hated the gameplay, loved the story.

The story was so good it kept me playing a game with a DDR style gameplay.

I even read the books after that game.

Dishonored was a big surprise.

I loved everything about that game.

Recently I picked up Alien Isolation and that was a big surprise as well.

I'm recording it for my channel right now and it's great.

Going for the non-lethal approach and I'm loving it.

Total War: Rome II

£40 for a broken piece of shit which is still basically unplayable to this day. Fuck Creative Assembly for making Rome II.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Dude, no one watches TF2 let's plays.

Except if it's STAR_ or Jerma though

I just record mine now because it doesn't cost me anything so to speak

OP I was surprised by TF2 when I payed for it years ago as it had a committed community, when they made it free to play was the day I stopped playing it

Let down by BF3, when they announced premium, the game just felt like I brought a demo and I needed to pay a further £60 to unlock the whole thing

I'll skip disappointments, I would be typing all day.

I won't include surprises the kind of "it's better than I thought" just genuine surprises, games I knew nothing about.

Indigo Prophecy was a a gift, a friend of mine randomly bought it for me.

Another friend wanted to surprise and he just went to a store and asked the clerk what game to buy as gift for me. He brought FEAR.

One day I was bored and just bought Defense Grid without even looking at it's page properly.

There is something special about playing a game you know nothing about upfront. I guess it started with C64 days for me, back then there was no internet to let you form an opinion about a game before you even try it, which can be a good thing.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Because graphics are the main reason people play this game.... You know people still play 1.6, right?

Borderlands the presequel and watchdogs, two big let downs so far.

people play 1.6:O and I still play cs:go I just wish the graphics were better

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I was taken in by the hype around GW2; that it would revolutionize MMORPGs and restore them back to their former core values. This was a lie as it turned out to be just the same as all of the rest just with a different façade...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Fallout 3 A friend borrowed me and I thought ... ugh an rpg ... Best game I have ever played.... and I played it on ps3

I recently downloaded TF2. Shameless youtube link of me playing :http://youtu.be/249JqnMW_uM

Expected to be...dissapointed because the game is rather old and the comercials don't look anything more than..."cartoony" but after playing portal I decided to give it a try. Result?Holy crap is it addicting! More gameplay videos to come!

On the otherhand... I got ESO (elderscrolls online) which if you're a big elder scrolls fan like I am...You expect good things with that name. Then...we get eso.. which is unlike elderscrolls and more like a generic mmo to me.

My question...what game has surprised you or let you down as of recently?

I found ESO didn't bring anything new to the table, it relied on the rest of the series to back it up. And an upfront payment plus subscription model? No thanks

A game that surprised me was Driver San Francisco. I finished it yesterday and I gotta say, it wasn't bad at all. I thought the Shifting thing was gimmicky but when it was finally explained towards the end it made sense. The devs integrated the Shift ability pretty well, though I think it'll get repetitive for the side activities. The car physics was good too. It wasn't dead realistic but it was fun to drive them, esp. when you drive fast over the steep roads SF is known for. Even though this game is from Ubisoft, I genuinely enjoyed playing it. 

I just record mine now because it doesn't cost me anything so to speak

OP I was surprised by TF2 when I payed for it years ago as it had a committed community, when they made it free to play was the day I stopped playing it

Let down by BF3, when they announced premium, the game just felt like I brought a demo and I needed to pay a further £60 to unlock the whole thing

How much was it originally?I came in on the free cost haha!

get rekt

How much was it originally?I came in on the free cost haha!

£30 originally but I can't remember if I brought it in a bundle or not, it was way back when only valves games where on steam. defo worth it back then and no stupid hats either