Corsair air 540?

Im building a new x99 computer with a 5820k, 780 and 32 gbs of ddr4. anyways I was thinking of the corsair air 540. Im only going to be water cooling my cpu with a nzxt kracken x61. But i need to know if it can fit a full atx motherboard and if it is just as good as people seem to thinkl.

Im building a new x99 computer with a 5820k, 780 and 32 gbs of ddr4. anyways I was thinking of the corsair air 540. Im only going to be water cooling my cpu with a nzxt kracken x61. But i need to know if it can fit a full atx motherboard and if it is just as good as people seem to thinkl.

Yes

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Yes its bigger then you think  ;)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Yes it can fit ATX...it acually can also fit EATX

I think its a great case, and I wzs acually gonna get it for myself but the deal breaker for me was lack of dust filters.  There is only one on the front.  Nothing for the PSU. Nothing on the Bottom

What in the fuck are you building this for that you are getting an X99 and 32gb of DDR4?

I have one and it's beautiful http://i.imgur.com/6c0Kfyy.jpg

Why are all your fans exhausting?

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

You will be able to fit in a full ATX motherboard, and the Kraken X61 at either the top or the front of the case. It is good due to direct airflow from front fans without obstruction(usually HDD cages as seen in other cases).

--- My Rig ---
CPU : Intel Core i7 4790K | Motherboard : Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Nepton 280L | RAM : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3PSU : Corsair AX860i |

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX970 G1 Gaming | Chassis : Corsair Carbide Air 540 | SSD : Samsung 840 Evo 256GBHDD : Seagate NAS 2TB | HDD : Western Digital Caviar Red 4TB |

Optical Drive : Asus 24x DVD-RW | Lighting : NZXT Hue | Monitor : Dell U2515H | Keyboard : Ducky G2 Pro Blue Grey (Full Layout)Mouse : Razer Naga Chroma |

Mouse Mat : Corsair MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Extended | Speakers : Altec Lansing Octane 7 | Headphones : Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Kingston HyperX Cloud II Pro

Primary mobile device : Galaxy S8 G950FD - Nova Launcher Prime | LG G Watch Urbane (Gold) | Secondary mobile device : PS Vita PCH-1000

Why are all your fans exhausting?

From what I am able to see ALL fans in the picture are exhaust lol.

--- My Rig ---
CPU : Intel Core i7 4790K | Motherboard : Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Nepton 280L | RAM : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3PSU : Corsair AX860i |

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX970 G1 Gaming | Chassis : Corsair Carbide Air 540 | SSD : Samsung 840 Evo 256GBHDD : Seagate NAS 2TB | HDD : Western Digital Caviar Red 4TB |

Optical Drive : Asus 24x DVD-RW | Lighting : NZXT Hue | Monitor : Dell U2515H | Keyboard : Ducky G2 Pro Blue Grey (Full Layout)Mouse : Razer Naga Chroma |

Mouse Mat : Corsair MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Extended | Speakers : Altec Lansing Octane 7 | Headphones : Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Kingston HyperX Cloud II Pro

Primary mobile device : Galaxy S8 G950FD - Nova Launcher Prime | LG G Watch Urbane (Gold) | Secondary mobile device : PS Vita PCH-1000

I love my air 540, the extra compartment in the back makes cable management a breeze leaving all your components looking great behind that plexi side panel. I would suggest swapping out the oem fans that come with it with some good af and sp fans from corsair, I found 3x sp 120mm quite edition in the front as intake and the rest af 140mm quite as exhaust the best config. Only things I don't like about the case is the lack of 3.5 inch bays (you only get the 2 hot swappable ones in the front) and the fact that the 5.25 inch bays are mounted vertically which sucks if you like fan controllers. Apart from those 2 minor complaints it is an awesome case with great airflow, brilliant cable management and enough space for custom loop water cooling if you decide to upgrade later on.

CPU - i5 4690K l GPU - XFX R9 280X l MoBo - ASUS Maximus vii Ranger l RAM - 8GB Vengeance Pro l PSU - Corsair CX750l HDD - Seagate Barracuda l CPU Cooler - Custom Water loop Case - Corsair Air 540 l OS - Windows 7 l Mouse - Mad C.A.T.Z RAT 3 l KeyBoard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma 

From what I am able to see ALL fans in the picture are exhaust lol.

Gonna play Devil's Advocate here and say that the front fans are intake.

Seems like the best way to set it up with front as intake, top and rear as exhaust.

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Gonna play Devil's Advocate here and say that the front fans are intake.

Seems like the best way to set it up with front as intake, top and rear as exhaust.

Not unless he's modded the front fans, to the best of my knowledge you can't put the coloured rings on that side of corsair fans. I found front intake and top/rear exhaust like you said to be the best config.

CPU - i5 4690K l GPU - XFX R9 280X l MoBo - ASUS Maximus vii Ranger l RAM - 8GB Vengeance Pro l PSU - Corsair CX750l HDD - Seagate Barracuda l CPU Cooler - Custom Water loop Case - Corsair Air 540 l OS - Windows 7 l Mouse - Mad C.A.T.Z RAT 3 l KeyBoard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma 

Yes and yes.  You can actually run two x61s in that case, using the second on a k10 for a GPU cooler.  Plenty of space in that case.

should be fine. lol might aswell put those 10,000rpm fans and put some wheels in the bottom of your chassis so it can go roadtrip aswell :)

Live your life like a dream.