Ft05 Review

spwath

OK, i recently bought an Ft05, so here is my review.

Packaging:

Nothing special, in a box, Hard foam, in a cloth bag. Standard.

Looks:

Amazing, illl let my pictures speak for themselves.

IMG_00021.jpgIMG_00031.jpgIMG_00011.jpg

Build Quality:

Nice, Full alumnum exteriror, Very good loking/feeling. More plastic than i would like, the top vent is plastic, the drive cage, the DVD cage.

The rest is amazing, no flex. PLastic used is of pretty good quality.

Noise dampaning foam is ubundant.

Cooling:

Tops out with my FX6300 and TPC 612, fans full, at 46 degrees prime95.

The build:

Cable management is tight, you will want a modualr PSU> I made it look OK.

IMG_00061.jpg

Overall, great cae, would recomend!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not a big fan (see what I did there?) of the case. Nice, clean build tho and I love the AP's you have in there.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Not a big fan (see what I did there?) of the case. Nice, clean build tho and I love the AP's you have in there.

Yup, have an ap123 on the CPU cooler as well

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Wow, the first FT case I'd actually consider getting. I'm still not a fan of the top IO though

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

that actually looks nice, dem leafs :>

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

No GPU?

Short but nice review, that's how most of them should be :)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

No GPU?

my GPU was on RMA, I'll take updated pics some time

my GPU was on RMA, I'll take updated pics some time

What was it?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

What was it?

Hd7850 1gb direct cu

No GPU?

DSCF50111.jpgDSCF50121.jpg

Wow, the first FT case I'd actually consider getting. I'm still not a fan of the top IO though

Sometimes it's not convenient, it can cause an awful trail of cables out the top if you don't cable manage it, but nothing some tape or Velcro can't fix.

It does have it's uses when it comes to USB port access mind. No need to go fumbling round the back of the case when it's right there in an easy to see spot.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Meh you need a lot of tips for cable management. Make use of routing cables under the motherboard. Stuff like a 3pin fan cable, front panel connectors, audio front, sata cable (get the Silverstone CP11B). A fully modular PSU with a individually sleeved set would go great with this case, route the 24pin under the motherboard as well.

Do you use the motherboard for controlling your AP181's?

It's better that way though, having a pc on your desk close to the wall and if you have to plug/unplug a cable you might have to move the PC to plug/unplug a cable and a PC can be heavy. Not sure about you but I don't like moving my PC when its powered on, HDD going nuts whatever, so having the IO on top is perfect for me so I don't need to shut my PC down just to plug/unplug a cable.

Even if you don't like it, the 90° rotated MB makes it quite up tbh. Atleast a 3D view of your GPU's rather than just the plain boring backplate/pcb view. Standard ATX cases are quite boring tbh, just such a horrible design that has no benefits at all.

Meh you need a lot of tips for cable management. Make use of routing cables under the motherboard. Stuff like a 3pin fan cable, front panel connectors, audio front, sata cable (get the Silverstone CP11B). A fully modular PSU with a individually sleeved set would go great with this case, route the 24pin under the motherboard as well.

Do you use the motherboard for controlling your AP181's?

It's better that way though, having a pc on your desk close to the wall and if you have to plug/unplug a cable you might have to move the PC to plug/unplug a cable and a PC can be heavy. Not sure about you but I don't like moving my PC when its powered on, HDD going nuts whatever, so having the IO on top is perfect for me so I don't need to shut my PC down just to plug/unplug a cable.

Even if you don't like it, the 90° rotated MB makes it quite up tbh. Atleast a 3D view of your GPU's rather than just the plain boring backplate/pcb view. Standard ATX cases are quite boring tbh, just such a horrible design that has no benefits at all.

Yeah, non modular PSU, I had to shove all the cable's on top of hard drive.

Oh everything that could be behind the motherboard is. What you are seeing is: fan going to terrible header location on my mb

Wires from my 2 fan controllers I put on the top compartment.