Fx 6300 overheating

Hey i have just build My first computer and becuse i am terebel at finding things i wich for Christmas i just used the stock cooler but today it has shutdown 6 times becuse of overheating so i need some help for a cooler and i have thinked about the Antec KÜHLER H2O 650 but i just want to hear what your Guys think about it so can it cool it down i would be happy if it would sit about 65-70 doing prime95 and 40 doing basic use and ligth Gaming if you have other sugestions in the same price point also leave them

Noctua NH-D15

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

i am using a coolermaster hyper 212 evo and my temps are 16 idle / 42 load. try reseating your block on the cpu. Did you use thermal paste? Tighten the block down properly?

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

I have a FX-6300 with a Hyper 212 EVO and temps have never went over 44c

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

Are you overclocking? I had been using AMD's stock cooler for my FX-8350 for around half a year until I had enough money for an aftermarket one. And I have to say, despite of it being loud and vibrating my case like crazy, it actually does the job of cooling my FX-8350 (stock speeds) fairly fine.

Having said that, my CPU has a higher TDP than your FX-6300 and never did I have any thermal shutdowns.You may wanna check your mounting pressure and thermal paste before you go out and spend money on an aftermarket cooler.

But if you are indeed overclocking, go ahead and buy one. I would recommend Noctua NH-U12S or the 14S (if you want it a notch better). It's more simple than AIOs, perform roughly in-par with AIOs, it's not gigantic, and they will last forever with its 6-year warranty.