Painting 2x msi gtx 760hawk white (soon/tomorrow)

wildgg

like the title says i'm going to paint my 760's for my upcoming build.

almost everything is gonna be painting white,

i'm using white plasti dip.

Backplate: completely white

The yellow strip (see picture 2 below) white aswell

and the yellow arrows on the fans, i might just keep those black not sure about that yet.

for the poeple who are planning to do this , you can not! remove that yellow long yellow strip, it's actually painting on. it's not like a removeble strip ( not on the hawk version atleast)

you only need to take 4 screws out to remove the piece for painting (picture 3) , only thing you need to do is tape the black parts off.

card2.jpg

MSI_760_HAWK_01.jpg

2420966-3o.jpg

let me know what you think about this little project and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Tomorrow or sunday i will give you guys more pictures when it's finishd

tom

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

Make sure to clean it (No oil) and apply paint from a distance. One coat at a time. Don't rush it.

I have painted one of my 760s so far. 

DSC_0479.JPG

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Make sure to clean it (No oil) and apply paint from a distance. One coat at a time. Don't rush it.

-----------------------------------------------------

3/4 coats should be about right, right?

your 760 looks awesome btw! very nice done

sorry quote went wrong :/

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

-----------------------------------------------------

3/4 coats should be about right, right?

your 760 looks awesome btw! very nice done

sorry quote went wrong :/

You can just click out side of the quote box.

And, yes, 3-5 coats. Do the vertical edges first and then the top. So the top does not get swamped with overspray. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

If you want to still have the warranty I'd go for Plasti-Dip.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

If you want to still have the warranty I'd go for Plasti-Dip.

my 3rd line says it sir :D

my 3rd line says it sir :D

Oh, I'm not wearing my glasses so I'm partly bind and also sick.

From what I've heard about white plastidip is that it doesn't cover properly on some surfaces or something so they tell you to do a one-two layers of gun metal grey first.

Oh, I'm not wearing my glasses so I'm partly bind and also sick.

From what I've heard about white plastidip is that it doesn't cover properly on some surfaces or something so they tell you to do a one-two layers of gun metal grey first.

your 100% right but this is mostly on cars, if you paint a virtical object it will drip down, but in my case i will have my parts horizontal, and white on black you just need a bit more coats. if you use gun metal you need less white.

your 100% right but this is mostly on cars, if you paint a virtical object it will drip down, but in my case i will have my parts horizontal, and white on black you just need a bit more coats. if you use gun metal you need less white.

Ah, I see. Planning to paint my GPU/s white too when I upgrade.

Good luck man i'm sure this will look sexy as hell when you are finished!!!

'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

like the title says i'm going to paint my 760's for my upcoming build.

Tomorrow or sunday i will give you guys more pictures when it's finishd

Like this?

no,i am only painting all the yellow parts white. 

but the picture you send looks pretty cool too!

so i did 7 layers of white plasti dip on each part, on the black plate there was a white sticker i thought i could paint over it and never see it back again but no lol, you can see it but it's no big deal for me because i know when i install this in my new case with blue led's you won't notice it. (or not that much)

ofcours if i did more layers it would be beter covered but i ran out of paint.

the yellow strips are actually hard to paint to be honest, if your not spraying at the right angle it will look bad.

i need to remove the tape stil to see the final product and i will make pictures of that aswell, but my phone died just a min ago so i need to wait for that to charge up.

overall i think it went oke, you have to be patient with this tho.

some off the foto's or mostly all of them are blurry i know! it's my old phone sorry :/

within an hour orso i will give you guys another update.

Update:

mOVBCQe.jpg

jQ1oPJL.jpg

zphUtUl.jpg

16t6KL1.jpg

so i did 7 layers of white plasti dip on each part, on the black plate there was a white sticker i thought i could paint over it and never see it back again but no lol, you can see it but it's no big deal for me because i know when i install this in my new case with blue led's you won't notice it. (or not that much)

ofcours if i did more layers it would be beter covered but i ran out of paint.

the yellow strips are actually hard to paint to be honest, if your not spraying at the right angle it will look bad.

i need to remove the tape stil to see the final product and i will make pictures of that aswell, but my phone died just a min ago so i need to wait for that to charge up.

overall i think it went oke, you have to be patient with this tho.

some off the foto's or mostly all of them are blurry i know! it's my old phone sorry :/

within an hour orso i will give you guys another update.

Update:

mOVBCQe.jpg

jQ1oPJL.jpg

zphUtUl.jpg

16t6KL1.jpg

Looks nice :)

removed all the tape from the parts, everything back together.

tried to hide the yellow arrows with a black marker.. didn't quite work... but i will find something to cover it up.

Next thing for me to do now is wait for my new case (it should arive here next week) so i can build everything in there from my old build.

Next month i can order my new motherboard that supports sli, a new PSU to power these baby's up and i'm gonna order a H105 or a H100i cpu cooler depending on the case.

When that happends il make a new post in the build logs section here on the forum.

Final update:

tzWNJ01.jpg

ONpnSC4.jpg

qhG8RhR.jpg

removed all the tape from the parts, everything back together.

tried to hide the yellow arrows with a black marker.. didn't quite work... but i will find something to cover it up.

Next thing for me to do now is wait for my new case (it should arive here next week) so i can build everything in there from my old build.

Next month i can order my new motherboard that supports sli, a new PSU to power these baby's up and i'm gonna order a H105 or a H100i cpu cooler depending on the case.

When that happends il make a new post in the build logs section here on the forum.

Final update:

Nice! That looks so sexy! Can I see the whole build?

Nice! That looks so sexy! Can I see the whole build?

the finishd white 760 hawk you see in the pictures is not in my system right now, my second 760 hawk is in my system right now but i still need to assemble that one(i have it running without the painted parts.) , but i will do that when i get my new case next week. 

my current motherboard does not supports sli only crossfire, but i can put the two cards in just to make a foto(next week), if you want me to, just to see how it's gonna look when i finish the full system next month.

Wow that looks really nice. I wish that MSI kept the Frozr IV shroud for the 970/980 since it looks more professional than the 'edgy' Frozr V shroud.

thank you guys for all the kind words i really appreciate it!

i was planning to build my current parts in the new case this week, but that is delayed sadly enough.

the case should arive anytime tho, i'm gonna build the complete system next month around the 15th nov, when i can order the needed parts for this: sli mobo/psu/cpu cooler.

i will make a build log when i'm done with it, and i will post the build logg in this topic aswell for the people who want to follow this project,

thx guys!

tom

• 4 weeks later...

after a long time...

the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/253584-personal-gaming-pc-almost-finishd/

Not finishd yet (waiting for a new pump for the watercooling)

I want to do something like this to my MSI 770 Lighting and it would go very well. 

Nice thread, 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s