Low performance 980 sli in 3DMark Firestrike

Go to solution Solved by Aughrox,

I have finally fixed the problem and resolved the reason for it!

I have spent countless days with my new computer without figuring this out because of misleading.

So the actual fix:

Start-Control Panel -Energy Setting- Change "Balanced" to high performance!

I have Asus Suit 3 that should have taken care of that but apparently it didn't (Changing in Asus Suit 3 aren't sufficient you have to change the settings in Windows) 

I get my full results in my benchmarks now.

Hope this helps all with familiar problems.

Good Luck.

Special thanks to:

BiG StroOnZ

Cant see that. You have to show the score after it is over, take a screenshot of when it's finished. Also run it at custom settings: DirectX 11, Ultra, Extreme, Disabled, Disabled, x8, 1920 x 1080. 

Looks Fine but it doesn't explain my low FPS in games and low score in Firestrike.

Intel 5930k@4.5Ghz, EVGA SC GTX 980Sli, Asus x99 Deluxe, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4, Evga 850 Gold, 2x Samsung 850Evo Raid0 WD Black 2TB,  Custom Watercooled

Try reverting your CPU overclock back to stock. See what that does.

Have reverted everything back to stock. Got 9800 FS Score and same results in heaven so stats is still unchanged 

Intel 5930k@4.5Ghz, EVGA SC GTX 980Sli, Asus x99 Deluxe, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4, Evga 850 Gold, 2x Samsung 850Evo Raid0 WD Black 2TB,  Custom Watercooled

Do you maybe have a other PSU you can test ? is it maybe not that 2x 980's( overclocked ) + the  5930k @ 4.5Ghz might be to much for a 850w ? so they cards are being throttled because not enough power ?

Needs Update

Do you maybe have a other PSU you can test ? is it maybe not that 2x 980's( overclocked ) + the  5930k @ 4.5Ghz might be to much for a 850w ? so they cards are being throttled because not enough power ?

I have another psu but it's also 850w.

I don't think that's the problem. Everything overclocked my system is drawing 500-600watt att most.

Try Heaven Benchmark 4.0 or Valley 1.0. That would give you a good indication of scaling. 

Also just realized you are on X99, @JayzTwoCents had an issue with his X99 board not giving him proper scaling but he didn't dive into the details about it in the video. All he said is something to the extent that it had to do with the Overclock on his CPU and memory, and the order in which he did it that caused awful scaling. Might be worth a shot looking into.

I downloaded valley 1.0.

Preset:

DX11

1080p

Ultra

AAx8

Full screen 

Score normal, Everything base clocked:  4634

Processor and graphic overclocked: 5636.

I downloaded valley 1.0.

Preset:

DX11

1080p

Ultra

AAx8

Full screen 

Score normal, Everything base clocked:  4634

Processor and graphic overclocked: 5636.

Pretty sure those scores are normal for both stock and overclocked. What driver version are you using?

Pretty sure those scores are normal for both stock and overclocked. What driver version are you using?

Looks like it's something wrong with 3DMark.

Nvidia Driver 344.16

I have finally fixed the problem and resolved the reason for it!

I have spent countless days with my new computer without figuring this out because of misleading.

So the actual fix:

Start-Control Panel -Energy Setting- Change "Balanced" to high performance!

I have Asus Suit 3 that should have taken care of that but apparently it didn't (Changing in Asus Suit 3 aren't sufficient you have to change the settings in Windows) 

I get my full results in my benchmarks now.

Hope this helps all with familiar problems.

Good Luck.

Special thanks to:

BiG StroOnZ

Yeah I was just gonna suggest turning it into Performance mode cos somehow SLI goes nuts with Balanced.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

try to go to your bios and setting the PCI-e lanes to Gen 3. maybe just heard it on a Livestream where he was using 3x 980's

Needs Update