Low performance 980 sli in 3DMark Firestrike

Go to solution Solved by Aughrox,

I have finally fixed the problem and resolved the reason for it!

I have spent countless days with my new computer without figuring this out because of misleading.

So the actual fix:

Start-Control Panel -Energy Setting- Change "Balanced" to high performance!

I have Asus Suit 3 that should have taken care of that but apparently it didn't (Changing in Asus Suit 3 aren't sufficient you have to change the settings in Windows) 

I get my full results in my benchmarks now.

Hope this helps all with familiar problems.

Good Luck.

Special thanks to:

BiG StroOnZ

So I have been running benchmarks in 3Dmark Firestrike.

On single GPU Score is 13000

Sli 9400!?

I am using Nvidia inspector to set the profile but it makes no difference. 

Have enable max 3D performance in Nvidia control panel.

Disable/enable G-synk

Games are also running bad. Ultra settings, 1440p

Tested so far:

Shadow of Mordor: 70-80fps

Neverwinter:60-90fps

While benchmarking: 

Gpu usage: 60-80% both cards

Gpu1 temp:45C

Gpu2 temp:42C

Gpu Clock 1440Mhz (overclocked) 

Nvidia Driver 344.16

Monitor: Asus Rog Swift.

Can't figure out whats wrong!

Thanks in advance!!

Intel 5930k@4.5Ghz, EVGA SC GTX 980Sli, Asus x99 Deluxe, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4, Evga 850 Gold, 2x Samsung 850Evo Raid0 WD Black 2TB,  Custom Watercooled

Woah that is really messed up

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Are all your PCIe lanes running at 3.0 16x?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Are all your PCIe lanes running at 3.0 16x?

All the lanes are 16x on the deluxe motherboard. Using the one that Asus recommend.

Intel 5930k@4.5Ghz, EVGA SC GTX 980Sli, Asus x99 Deluxe, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4, Evga 850 Gold, 2x Samsung 850Evo Raid0 WD Black 2TB,  Custom Watercooled

All the lanes are 16x on the deluxe motherboard. Using the one that Asus recommend.

check GPU-Z to make sure they are running at the full 3.0 16x

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Bus interface: PCI-E 3.0 x16@ x16 3.0

Try using a different monitor. i noticed my 1080p 120hz non gysnc monitor was able to get better scores on firestrike then my rog swift

Tried both on and off.

http://postimg.org/image/47s6n0lq1/

Using my 42inc 1080p LG TV I got 10077 in score so almost no improvment.. :(

Anyone got a clue?

Do you have another sli bridge you can try?

I have a 3 way sli brige. will it work with 2 way?

Do you have another sli bridge you can try?

Tried with my dubble 3way sli connector and my result got worse 9600 score

I have been stuck at this problem for weeks. Really need you help guys. 

First thing to try (you didn't really specify whether you did this or not):

Try both graphics cards separately. Meaning, try a single card inside your rig at a time. Do this to make sure that both cards are functioning correctly. This will remove hardware malfunction variables.

Second thing to try (clean install of drivers with driver sweeper program):

First download the newest NVIDIA drivers for your card and OS. Then download this program: http://www.guru3d.co...download.html 

Uninstall your current NVIIDA drivers. Unplug your internet. Restart. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller program (the one you downloaded after the drivers). Select NVDIA and then click the button that reads "Uninstall the Current and Previous drivers and DO NOT restart the computer." Then select AMD and do the same thing except select the box that says "Uninstall the Current and Previous drivers and restart the computer (highly recommended)."

After computer is restarted, install the newest nVidia drivers you downloaded previously. When prompted, make sure you select/check the "Clean Install" option (it's at the bottom). Install the drivers and plug in your internet again. Make sure when the internet is plugged in you do not install the update from Windows for your graphics card which will appear eventually, make sure you hide that update.

Enable SLI and try benching again.

First thing to try (you didn't really specify whether you did this or not):

Try both graphics cards separately. Meaning, try a single card inside your rig at a time. Do this to make sure that both cards are functioning correctly. This will remove hardware malfunction variables.

Second thing to try (clean install of drivers with driver sweeper program):

First download the newest NVIDIA drivers for your card and OS. Then download this program: http://www.guru3d.co...download.html 

Uninstall your current NVIIDA drivers. Unplug your internet. Restart. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller program (the one you downloaded after the drivers). Select NVDIA and then click the button that reads "Uninstall the Current and Previous drivers and DO NOT restart the computer." Then select AMD and do the same thing except select the box that says "Uninstall the Current and Previous drivers and restart the computer (highly recommended)."

After computer is restarted, install the newest nVidia drivers you downloaded previously. When prompted, make sure you select/check the "Clean Install" option (it's at the bottom). Install the drivers and plug in your internet again. Make sure when the internet is plugged in you do not install the update from Windows for your graphics card which will appear eventually, make sure you hide that update.

Enable SLI and try benching again.

Thanks for the in depth description.

Unfortunately it diden't work. I reinstalled the drivers like you wrote and tried the graphics 1o1 and got better results in 3dmark than sli.

still att 9k+ score. and 13k single.

the gpus are only running on 60% to a max of 80% of performance. while benchmarking. 

I get around 60 fps in heaven ultra settings 1440p.

What version of Windows you running and is it a fresh install?

I tried with my windows 7 home legit at first, now I am running windows 7 ultimate (cracked).

Made a fresh install a few days ago.

in Furemark burn-in benchmark everything seems fine.

http://postimg.org/image/4hexnn7mn/

Try Heaven Benchmark 4.0 or Valley 1.0. That would give you a good indication of scaling. 

Also just realized you are on X99, @JayzTwoCents had an issue with his X99 board not giving him proper scaling but he didn't dive into the details about it in the video. All he said is something to the extent that it had to do with the Overclock on his CPU and memory, and the order in which he did it that caused awful scaling. Might be worth a shot looking into.

My heaven Benchmark: extreme mode 

http://postimg.org/image/az49w4ho1/

My heaven Benchmark: extreme mode 

http://postimg.org/image/az49w4ho1/

Cant see that. You have to show the score after it is over, take a screenshot of when it's finished. Also run it at custom settings: DirectX 11, Ultra, Extreme, Disabled, Disabled, x8, 1920 x 1080. 

Try Heaven Benchmark 4.0 or Valley 1.0. That would give you a good indication of scaling. 

Also just realized you are on X99, @JayzTwoCents had an issue with his X99 board not giving him proper scaling but he didn't dive into the details about it in the video. All he said is something to the extent that it had to do with the Overclock on his CPU and memory, and the order in which he did it that caused awful scaling. Might be worth a shot looking into.

To me it seems like it's something wrong with my 3DMark Firestrike?

Evga PrecisionX:

GPU1 Power: 95-105%

GPU2: 93-104%

GPU1 Usage: 88-98%

GPU2 : 90-97%

GPU1 voltage: 1.218

GPU2  1.237

GPU1 Clock: 1506MHz

GPU2: 1506MHz

Heaven:

GPU1-2 1620 MHz

FPS: average 140

Temps: 55C