ultra slow internet speed

salellas

hey threre guys,

for three days now i´ve been having very slow internet speed on my gaming pc, i though it was my isp dicking around with me but i get normal internet speed on any other device in my house (mac, tablets, phones, ps4) so it was clear to me that it´s my pc so i did all the usual things :

-changing cables

-physically clean my pc taking it apart 

-scan for virus/malware

-and finally restoring to win8 now in the process of installing all updates to upgrade to win8.1

and the internet is still very slow

i really don´t know what else to do.

system spec

-asus z77 lx2

-intel i5 3300

-8 gig of ram

-64 gb ssd

-asus hd7850

-550 wtt psu

-wired conection

-updated internet drivers

normal internet speed is 3Mb but i´m getting 0.3Mb now :/

please hel me guys

cheers

Networking drivers? Try getting a network card and see what happens.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

how is your current rig connected? thru wifi or ethernet? also what speeds are you getting vs the speed you should be getting?

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

sorry i forgot to mention it, it´s a wired connection.

@ZacDaMan72, you suggesting i should try another ethernet port beside the one from the motherboard? and i did update the driver software

try to reinstall the LAN Driver

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

@ZacDaMan72, you suggesting i should try another ethernet port beside the one from the motherboard? and i did update the driver software

Yeah. Just get a cheap $20 PCI one.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Boot a Linux distro off a USB drive then rerun tests.

how do i do that?

try to reinstall the LAN Driver

i did it after i reinstalled win8

i did it after i reinstalled win8

try this

Yeah. Just get a cheap $20 PCI one.

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Please do a speedtest and post your results here pls.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Please do a speedtest and post your results here pls.

i´ve been doing it for an hour now not done yet :(

you should try replacing your Ethernet cable check the connection make sure nothing is loose i had the same issue and it caused alot of problems with a laptop i had ( had a bad battery so it was never moved from its desk thus the ethernet connection) i found out the cable was the cause of the issue. 

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

i´ve been doing it for an hour now not done yet  :(

Go in to safemode with network and to the speed test and tell me if this is happening to you.

post-146605-0-54404200-1413543792.jpg

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

ok, i went and bought a pcie ethernet port: same problem.

and took screen shots of the speedtest both normal mode and safe mode

result: same speed.

i have no idea on how to attach the pics

post-147637-0-87027500-1413565114.png

post-147637-0-83539500-1413565129.png

Hmm, I have a similar problem, paying for a 6MB/s DL speed and only get 750KB/s. My ISP claims it has nothing to do with them or my DL speed and it's caused from the servers I'm DLing from, odd since I have the problem everywhere, Chrome, Steam, uTorrent, but speed tests say I'm getting 6MB/s. No logic. Anywho, have you tried unplugging everything else from your modem and changing which port your computer is plugged into? 

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Hmm, I have a similar problem, paying for a 6MB/s DL speed and only get 750KB/s. My ISP claims it has nothing to do with them or my DL speed and it's caused from the servers I'm DLing from, odd since I have the problem everywhere, Chrome, Steam, uTorrent, but speed tests say I'm getting 6MB/s. No logic. Anywho, have you tried unplugging everything else from your modem and changing which port your computer is plugged into?

This^

Plus, nice build :) I like cheapo ones :)

This^

Plus, nice build :) I like cheapo ones :)

Are you talking about my build? :3

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Are you talking about my build? :3

Yep, I really like it :)

Yep, I really like it :)

Thanks!  :D

PC Specs: 

Try a different wired port on the router? Log into it to see if there's any settings limiting your PC (through internal IP/MAC)

Sometimes a simple router restart will solve problems.

hi,

i switching ports, router reset, hard reset, even talked to my isp (they say they have nothingto do with it) but i redid the speedtest on the mac and i´m having the same speed as on my gaming pc so i supose it is coming from my isp but the thing is i haven´t downloaded that much this month, i was even away for a whole week with router/modem turned off.

hey guys, it finally working, guess what? it was my ISP dickbutting me all along.

but now i have no sound, installed sound drivers infinite amount of times and all i hear is my pc whizzing throug my speakers. help please?

did you even tried a router reset?

steps to find this out!

1 reset the main router

2 open cmd in windows try a ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns

3 do you have router or any kind of switches between the main router of the ISP? if yes try to do a speed test with the main router!

4 Call your isp

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

hey guys, it finally working, guess what? it was my ISP dickbutting me all along.

but now i have no sound, installed sound drivers infinite amount of times and all i hear is my pc whizzing throug my speakers. help please?

Hmm, have you tried uninstalling the sound drivers and restarting your computer to let Windows load in it's own drivers?

PC Specs: 

did you even tried a router reset?

steps to find this out!

1 reset the main router

2 open cmd in windows try a ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns

3 do you have router or any kind of switches between the main router of the ISP? if yes try to do a speed test with the main router!

4 Call your isp

yeah i did all that, but it was my ISP limiting my connection speed.