Nexus 9 is apparently as powerful as a 2012 Mac Pro - Speculation

GoodBytes

When was the last time you had a HTC phone? I had a desire and I wasn't too impressed with the quality of build, but my experience with their latest phones like the M8 is very positive. Very well built phones.

Last phone I owned from them was the HTC EVO. Absolutely terrible phone!

Last phone I owned from them was the HTC EVO. Absolutely terrible phone!

Yeah, their phones weren't fantastic back then, I had a Desire and it was a little disappointing. They've really turned things around since, though. Go take a look at the HTC One M8, it's a beautiful phone.

I've seen where people call Android a laggy mess but then they are using a crappy phone as a reference(or outdated ones). As for TouchWiz, its the heaviest skin and bogs down devices. It runs good on the Note and S series, but anything else and its rough.

My friend just got a brand new Galaxy Tab S and TouchWiz on it still has lots of noticeable lag.

"Rawr XD"

I'd still probably buy the new iPad Air 2 instead. Can't deal with the cheap build quality of Android.

Cheap build quality of Android... What?

If you mean Android devices in general, there are plenty of well built devices out there.

If you mean the software itself then... :huh:

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I still have a 1st gen Transformer TF-101 :P It was so awesome when it was new, but now it's soooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwww. It's running a Tegra 2 SoC.

I know what you mean, I pretty much stop using it because of it. Then after a few years the camera on the back broke for no reason, I just get a green screen on the camera app.

Holy fuck, that's fast.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Cheap build quality of Android... What?

If you mean Android devices in general, there are plenty of well built devices out there.

If you mean the software itself then... :huh:

I've still yet to see an android tablet as well built as an iPad

phones are catching up thou.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I've still yet to see an android tablet as well built as an iPad

phones are catching up thou.

Ah, I understand. I disagree though, but to each his own :P

I'll probably be getting one of these to replace my Nexus 7 2013, if anybody wants me to do any particular benchmarks/stats/whatever when I get it I'll be glad to :)

Ah, I understand. I disagree though, but to each his own :P

lol it's not a opinion, it's a fact

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

lol it's not a opinion, it's a fact

Build quality is ensuring it won't bend or break and has no general rough edges. Pretty much all the major manufacturers have this covered.

What you're enjoying about apple products is their build materials; metals. To you, metal = premium. That's subjective i.e. not a fact.

Phones aren't catching up in build materials either. In 2010 HTC had their HTC Legend, an aluminium unibody phone. They've been making metal devices for years and they looked pretty cool IMO.

Build quality is ensuring it won't bend or break and has no general rough edges. Pretty much all the major manufacturers have this covered.

What you're enjoying about apple products is their build materials; metals. To you, metal = premium. That's subjective i.e. not a fact.

Phones aren't catching up in build materials either. In 2010 HTC had their HTC Legend, an aluminium unibody phone. They've been making metal devices for years and they looked pretty cool IMO.

as i said, metal android phones are around, but I have yet to see a metal android tablet.

Basically I want a Nexus 9 inside a enlarged HTC One body.

Sweet too bad android is such a clunky OS :/

Better than ios imo

as i said, metal android phones are around, but I have yet to see a metal android tablet.

Basically I want a Nexus 9 inside a enlarged HTC One body.

Sure. All I'm saying is metal != Build quality.