NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

Cool project! Now do the opposite and mod the internals of nes into a corsair 900d. :S

That's un-real seeing such a small build in a NES with a 750ti, totally awesome!

If I ever do a mini PC build that 750 ti is on my list!

one more size comparison before the install

IMG_20141201_185929_zpsq96tpajw.jpg

I was told that the outside of that anti-static bag is conductive, that's how the inside stays anti-static, so you should be wary of placing your graphics card there.

Zap!

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

I was told that the outside of that anti-static bag is conductive, that's how the inside stays anti-static, so you should be wary of placing your graphics card there.

Zap!

learned something new today,thanks!

Yeah it's a very common mistake with components, especially motherboards. People will put it on the bag instead of on the box and try to boot. ZAP!

How tight of a fit is that with the GPU in there?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

How tight of a fit is that with the GPU in there?

2 maybe 3mm clearance  from the top of the case,plenty of room every where else as you can see in the pics. not too bad from just trying my best to figure out my layout from dimensions from the internet. I can't really do more work on it to the weekend, just don't want to rush it and mess something up rather be relaxed and take my time  ;)

Very happy to see I can most likely get it in there without the use of a riser card!

going to test at a game during the week,maybe titanfall one of two impulse buys last week

Sweet. imagine using it to play GTA V this January. :P It's funny because it probably will run it better than a PS4. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

It doesn't matter. Just don't power on the motherboard with it on the bag

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It doesn't matter. Just don't power on the motherboard with it on the bag

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I thought the fear of static shocks was that they were powerful enough to fry components. I was fearful of that when I built because that's what I was told.

Huh. So so long as you don't power it on you can be all willy nilly careless with it? I've been walking on eggshells everytime I touch a component since my dog always charges me up. rofl. I make sure to tap a metal piece to discharge before hand.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

If you get that lid on this could be something truly amazing. Not only is it tiny but it could be a half decent gaming rig too.

That's why I'm not really into these builds or water cooling because in both cases people usually make sacrifices with the hardware itself and that doesn't work for me. But a 750ti in there with a Pentium could actually run games.

Keep it up man !!

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

If you get that lid on this could be something truly amazing. Not only is it tiny but it could be a half decent gaming rig too.

That's why I'm not really into these builds or water cooling because in both cases people usually make sacrifices with the hardware itself and that doesn't work for me. But a 750ti in there with a Pentium could actually run games.

Keep it up man !!

Thanks!

Trying to make no sacrifices at all.just trying to push threw any obstacles and stick to my plan!

Going to be testing out titanfall tonight took way to long to install last night .but all install now.left the console on all last night with no issues!

Yeah that's what I'm talking about dude, get your game on !!

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

all right just did a hour long game session with no sound lol,everything seems to be working good .my power consumption seems to stay around 70-80w while gaming so thats nice.and my little pico seems like its going to be work out just fine"thanks god".other than that I have no clue why msi clocked this card so high on stock 1200mhz stock .at this speed on the gpu it quickly heats up and shuts my pc down(only guessing here) not sure if its heat or if the pcie lane can't get enough wattage to the gpu?has to be one of these two that makes this happen. not really a big deal tho because once I set the gpu to 1100mhz its all gravy from there.The gpu does not see over 60c and I am happy.this is still a very very slight overclock from stock reference cards as they are set to 1085mhz.

all in all very happy!

all right just did a hour long game session with no sound lol,everything seems to be working good .my power consumption seems to stay around 70-80w while gaming so thats nice.and my little pico seems like its going to be work out just fine"thanks god".other than that I have no clue why msi clocked this card so high on stock 1200mhz stock .at this speed on the gpu it quickly heats up and shuts my pc down(only guessing here) not sure if its heat or if the pcie lane can't get enough wattage to the gpu?has to be one of these two that makes this happen. not really a big deal tho because once I set the gpu to 1100mhz its all gravy from there.The gpu does not see over 60c and I am happy.this is still a very very slight overclock from stock reference cards as they are set to 1085mhz.

all in all very happy!

That's awesome! I really want to get an ITX board for my old i5 650 and new RAM, and a little Silverstone powersupply since the wattage would be high, but it's literally cheaper to do a whole Pentium build instead of having a already purchased i5 and HD7770... Plus I don't have money...

Spoiler

Spoiler

That's awesome! I really want to get an ITX board for my old i5 650 and new RAM, and a little Silverstone powersupply since the wattage would be high, but it's literally cheaper to do a whole Pentium build instead of having a already purchased i5 and HD7770... Plus I don't have money...

DO IT!

as this being my first ITX build all i can say it's been very fun working with all this micro sized gear ,kinda don't want go back to ATX ..at least for not one more build!

DO IT!

as this being my first ITX build all i can say it's been very fun working with all this micro sized gear ,kinda don't want go back to ATX ..at least for not one more build!

I don't have $280ish and no job.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I thought the fear of static shocks was that they were powerful enough to fry components. I was fearful of that when I built because that's what I was told.

Huh. So so long as you don't power it on you can be all willy nilly careless with it? I've been walking on eggshells everytime I touch a component since my dog always charges me up. rofl. I make sure to tap a metal piece to discharge before hand.

No, they ARE powerful enough to fry components. You still have to be careful with the PC off. The outside of the bag is covered in conductive material which would cause unintended electrical connections on the motherboard. Same thing when you touch a component and you have too much static electricity: unintended electricity is sent places, causing incorrect operation or no operation at all.

Looking real good  :) Can't wait to see the final results!

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.8GHz | MOBO: Asus Maximus Gene VIII | GPU: EVGA 1080 SC | CASE: Silverstone TJ08-E | COOLER: Phanteks TC14PE | RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury | STORAGE: 250GB/1TB Samsung 850 Evo, XP941 256GB | PSU: 850W Seasonic X | MONITOR: Acer XB271HU | AUDIO OUT: Audio Technica M50X, AudioEngine D1 | AUDIO IN: Ant Lion Modmic 4.0 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm TK Brown | MOUSE: Corsiar M65 RGB

Ok did the mod to the top case, and it completely sits on the bottom half now with out the use of a riser card for the gpu! also made a mock up of the top case to test vent locations for thermals, don't want to make a useless hole on the top case .

IMG_20141206_174151_zpszzswwom8.jpg

IMG_20141206_174245_zpsfjejixxp.jpg

LOL.. :D

IMG_20141206_175918_zpsvzhl9or7.jpg

LOL.. :D

IMG_20141206_175918_zpsvzhl9or7.jpg

Best logo ever :))

*insert "that's good.That's damn good!" gif here*

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!