NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

Looks sweet...

Will you be using a low profile graphics card or will you be using a riser?

Looks sweet...

I was wondering this as well. Really curious myself.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Looks sweet...

Thanks. low profile gpu.I have ever spaced exactly to fit it in with out a riser. that's pretty much the last big thing i have to get . this is the card I am getting.http://store.galaxytechus.com/GALAXY-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-GC-Slim-2-GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-30-DVIHDMIVGA-Graphics-CardbrbrBONUS-Low-profile-brackets-now-included-free_p_90.html

That is awesome, loving it so far! :)

Never mind,

Looking good so far!

Thanks

Thanks. low profile gpu.I have ever spaced exactly to fit it in with out a riser. that's pretty much the last big thing i have to get . this is the card I am getting.http://store.galaxytechus.com/GALAXY-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-GC-Slim-2-GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-30-DVIHDMIVGA-Graphics-CardbrbrBONUS-Low-profile-brackets-now-included-free_p_90.html

That is one small 750ti.. Holy crap. Wonder how the cooling on it is. About how tight of a fit will it be?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

That is one small 750ti.. Holy crap. Wonder how the cooling on it is. About how tight of a fit will it be?

should be about a half inch from the side of the case and the gpu's heatsink ,i'll see how temps are and if needed add a vent where the heatsink fan is for fresh air

I'm not a Nintendo fanboy but this is pretty damn cool. I like seeing these case modifications, and that you're able to do this. 

Looking good! Cannot wait to see it finished, 

The Sata ports on that motherboard are in a horrible spot!

definitely in a bad spot, but should be really easy to deal with with some right angle sata cables then I can run them under the board where ever I need them! Edited by ungreedy

Looking good! Cannot wait to see it finished,

I should be able to finish the build around new years,but will not be able to paint and do the finishing touches until spring to cold out to paint :(

Why couldn't you get an APU instead?

I recommend against getting an APU for this form factor... The thermals are horrible unless you get a really good SFF heatsink... Then again, I'm using a 100W TDP chip...

Awesome idea. Being a retro game collector. I might do this with one of my extra consoles lying around. Awesome man.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Why couldn't you get an APU instead?

I bought a apu setup ( a10 7850k with 2133 ram) to play with. it is fun,but leaves you wanting more.I really believe this PC will do a lot better than the best apu can offer.

-snip-

I'll be doing this soon. I have an old PAL-B NES I'm going to mod with this. Thanks for the awesome idea. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Glad to be of inspiration. If you need any help or advice let me know.this is also one of the main reasons why im doing a in depth build log so others can follow,as I notice most on the interweb are just pics of the all ready done.

what CPU or APU setup are you thinking of?

Glad to be of inspiration. If you need any help or advice let me know.this is also one of the main reasons why im doing a in depth build log so others can follow,as I notice most on the interweb are just pics of the all ready done.

what CPU or APU setup are you thinking of?

I'm thinking of just going with a pentium. Like G3220. Just for emulation purposes. 

I'm thinking of just going with a pentium. Like G3220. Just for emulation purposes.

no GPU? If not go for a thin itx and your life will be so easy compared to mine lol.

I went with a GPU for Wii/GameCube emulation and some PC games with an Xbox controller.

no GPU? If not go for a thin itx and your life will be so easy compared to mine lol.

I went with a GPU for Wii/GameCube emulation and some PC games with an Xbox controller.

I don't know about a GPU, might just grab a 5450 or something. I'll only really be emulating N64 and older. 

An apu setup would be ideal for your needs check out the a10 7850k. Also a new i3 should be able to do ps1 and n64 emulation no problem. As for the a10 it even did Wii emulation not to bad at 720p when I tried it out.

I don't know about a GPU, might just grab a 5450 or something. I'll only really be emulating N64 and older.

There are knock offs of all the older console controllers with a usb connector. It would be awesome to plug them in a PC inside an NES case and play retro games :D