NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

going to go against my own rule :)

I still have some pieces to finishing buffing like the door lid and couple other pieces are still drying from paint.

but here you go!

IMG_20150510_132425_zpsqr1rgwpg.jpg

IMG_20150510_132457_zps5tzhcltl.jpg

IMG_20150510_132443_zpsyobntvtn.jpg

It looks so good alredy. WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT.

GJ, but could you please repaint the logo at the front?

thanks, I am keeping the logo white and embossed I really like how subtle it is.

LOL, reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/WCr-l9naPmE?t=3m47s

this made me laugh, I kinda was like that for about 2 hours doing the system

I am waiting...

above post for you

edit- I guess 2 posts back now lol

damn

thanks

Is it possible to get any shots of the back? Haven't seen too many pics of all the ports.

Is it possible to get any shots of the back? Haven't seen too many pics of all the ports.

I have not completely finished this piece yet, once finished I will post it for you. (couple days from now)

on a side note I am putting the last bit of paint on the console tomorrow and things are looking good for a finished product next weekend! So keep your eyes pealed :)

Looking sweet man, I love how clean everything is and the carbon fiber and white colour scheme looks really good.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Looking sweet man, I love how clean everything is and the carbon fiber and white colour scheme looks really good.

Thanks!

It took me awhile to settle on a color scheme but this kinda just happened and I really liked it.

also it nice to see a fellow console builder here :D

Thanks!

It took me awhile to settle on a color scheme but this kinda just happened and I really liked it.

also it nice to see a fellow console builder here :D

Haha yes, although I may not be able to play Skyrim on my NES, I can play it on my N64!

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Haha yes, although I may not be able to play Skyrim on my NES, I can play it on my N64!

maybe when I get gta V sometime I'll get to change my title.

darn system has taken all my funds for other things, it's been well worth it tho!

Fuck, man. I really want to do cool builds like this. at some point, I want to see if I can turn a monitor into a beast gaming AiO

Nice, I can't wait for my DSLR to arrive for dem crystal clear shots.

Fuck, man. I really want to do cool builds like this. at some point, I want to see if I can turn a monitor into a beast gaming AiO

As soon as broadwell becomes available, i will be working on a custom AiO myself, using a 1080p laptop LCD panel with a 12V converter board. Once i get the circuitry figured out and the design ready, could spitball some idea's with each other. This NES build is what inspired me to give it a shot. If @ungreedy can put this kind of rig into an NES, surely we can do it in a slightly larger enclosure. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Nice, I can't wait for my DSLR to arrive for dem crystal clear shots.

sweet what camera you getting?

yeah kinda wish I used it for the whole build after taking these shots. I am going to get one of my own for x-mas this year.

This log has also been a learning process as this is my first log and first custom build .

As soon as broadwell becomes available, i will be working on a custom AiO myself, using a 1080p laptop LCD panel with a 12V converter board. Once i get the circuitry figured out and the design ready, could spitball some idea's with each other. This NES build is what inspired me to give it a shot. If @ungreedy can put this kind of rig into an NES, surely we can do it in a slightly larger enclosure. 

can't wait.

as always make a log!

I was trying to wait out for broadwell but they took way to long to release it.

Hmm, sir, how much is it?

88518fc3b55dbbcb4076db603c73b5a9.350x197

if labor was in the factor I don't know if that is enough lol

I should of logged my hours into this build, if I was to guess tho I would say 100+ hours easy

get a dremel and some basic tools and do it. Also you could use some cheaper hardware and replace when you get more funds. 

that is what I am going to do for my next build.

Very nice had planned on doing one of these, but after seeing yours I'm almost embarrassed to try it! 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cwis3man/saved/#view=VHVRsY

I had planned on using a thin ITX board with DC input and adding a blu ray drive.

Main ||  i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz || Corsair H90 || Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 500GB || WD Green 4TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW || Fractal Core 3500 || Corsair CX 500M ||

Wiseplex || i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz || Corsair H50 || Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 250GB || WD Green 6TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC || Fractal Node 605 || Corsair CSM 450 ||

sweet what camera you getting?

Nikon D3200. It's due to arrive about a week from now. So hyped.

Very nice had planned on doing one of these, but after seeing yours I'm almost embarrassed to try it! 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cwis3man/saved/#view=VHVRsY

I had planned on using a thin ITX board with DC input and adding a blu ray drive.

you should do it, the parts you have picked out are perfect for a nice nes stealth build. Just make sure you get a decent nes shell

Nikon D3200. It's due to arrive about a week from now. So hyped.

you are going to love that camera, good choice!

I read about dslr's for a month and that's the one I decided on for my Wife a few x-mas's ago.

shot those last pics here with it.

new and improved I/O panel

to the left of the hdmi is the cutouts for the power input and the top right is the usb, I am using internal laptop antennas now.

DSC_0043_zpsjzwl4ba4.jpg

God that is sexy, seems like your taking your time and that's a good thing ;D

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City