Question about the BOINC badge?

Go to solution Solved by Whaler_99,

For BOINC you are right, we just see total points. For Folding though we can see points specific to teams, so if you switch, you "lose" those points. 

Per the "Official LTT BOINC FAQ & Guide" found here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/151235-official-ltt-boinc-faq-guide/

It states that there are numerous badge levels, but so far I have only seen 1 user badge, and it just says "BOINC Member". Is there a discrepancy in the official FAQ, or have things changed since the time of writing.

Also, I have a combined score of 468,616 per: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=3c641c9e804d009e804eb804310154b0

When PMing Whaler, do I need to send him my boinc ID, as in my User ID?

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/detail/202806/overview shows my ID as "202806".

Thanks for clarifying!

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

there are indeed 4 different badges at different point contribution amounts. This hasn't changed since the sticky was made. I see a few people with different boinc badges but there aren't many, i suspect a few of the ones who had them aren't as active anymore, and some of those who qualify haven't asked for a different badge than the basic "member badge".

if you boinc under a different identity than your forum name you should give that aswell, i think your contributions while being a part of the linustechtips_team is what matters, and not your total points accumulated(could be wrong, not quite sure how the stat managers count the points). The pm doesn't matter now that you have made this thread with all the information anyway, since whaler is going to see this thread.

@Whaler_99

there are indeed 4 different badges at different point contribution amounts. This hasn't changed since the sticky was made. I see a few people with different boinc badges but there aren't many, i suspect a few of the ones who had them aren't as active anymore, and some of those who qualify haven't asked for a different badge than the basic "member badge".

if you boinc under a different identity than your forum name you should give that aswell, i think your contributions while being a part of the linustechtips_team is what matters, and not your total points accumulated(could be wrong, not quite sure how the stat managers count the points). The pm doesn't matter now that you have made this thread with all the information anyway, since whaler is going to see this thread.

@Whaler_99

Thats also another question I had. Do my total/combined points count when I joined the team?

As far as I know, there is no way to see total points earned after joining the team.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Thats also another question I had. Do my total/combined points count when I joined the team?

As far as I know, there is no way to see total points earned after joining the team.

doesn't seem like it differentiates when or where you get the points, so it's not something to care about if that's the case, as long as people er boincing, that's what matters i guess.(not my place to decide, just fyi :P)

For BOINC you are right, we just see total points. For Folding though we can see points specific to teams, so if you switch, you "lose" those points. 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thanks for clarifying. Marked the thread as solved. Also, thanks for the badge!

• 4 weeks later...

Woop woop go my Bronze badge! :D yea i had to message whaler to get my badge set, but he does do it. i know you said it was solved but you said you hadnt seen anyone with a differnt badge, so i wanted to show we do exist.