NVIDIA and AMD are both working toward 8K resolution (7680x4320)

BiG StroOnZ

Based on that logic; Why do closed betas exist at all?

Close betas are completely different to two companies working together on a product.

Isn't Xinerama quite viable nowadays?

It crashed my ubuntu 14.04 near instantly.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Welcome to why programmers LOOOOVE multi-monitor displays. Now if only Linux had good multi-monitor support. I want Emacs, G++, Clang, and Intel Parallel Studio in one place god dammit.

Oh I know exactly why programmer love multi monitor (have done it before but I can't say I enjoy it). Besides programming if you are a student and have to do any kind of research work then 3 displays is amazing, even my my has gone out and said she wishes she could steal my display setup because having all that room. Would. Make her job easier.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

It crashed my ubuntu 14.04 near instantly.

That's Ubuntu for you, alright :D

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

16K VR will then feel no different then reality itsself. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I just love this thread

do you remember the mobile phones 10 years ago?

they had some funnily low resolution(vga, or maybe lower?) And now we say that a720p is a low resolution and new flagship phones should be 1440p, not just full Hd

They are talking about a longterm goal, to show that they thinking after 4k

Not true. Releasing a product that allows one to use features from both is not anti-competitive. Anyone can build OpenCL and OpenGL-capable hardware. They're not locked standards with licensing the way x86 is.

Im talking about NVIDIA and AMD merging into one company. Which is the only way I see a share of technology happening. Unfortunately because of antitrust laws you will never see AMD and NVIDIA becoming one company