Tech purchases you don't regret

babbaj

Okay so the first thing I try to get on every piece of electronics kit I buy. The two-year Square-trade drop and spill warranty is SOLID. You're insured for the full price of the device, so if you buy it used and fuck it up, you either get a repair or a cash refund to Paypal for the full brand new price. Anyway that seemed relevant for some reason.

Two devices, the purchase of both at least somewhat based off Linus reviews. The Pebble smartwatch is BADASS and totally worth buying just for the fact that you won't be checking your phone like a maniac every five minutes. My phone is always on silent now since ringtones and notification noises would be redundant. I got mine for like 90 bucks on Swappa, and it is 99 dollars brand new from getpebble.com. 

Second are the Jaybird Bluebuds X, which are wireless bluetooth earbuds. I use them all the time out of the house. It is so nice to have no wires in my way and it's a nice combination with the Pebble for full music control. Great for working out! Sound quality, range, and battery life are all quite good.

Oneplus One, I love that phone. Also K70 RGB.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

My Superlux 668B headphones. The best 37 dollars I have ever spent

Hecate (main rig)

AMD A10-5800k @4.2ghz | Nvidia 750ti Gtx FTW | 8gb Ram MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 NZXT Source 210 Cosiar CX430 WD Blue 1tb 

Chronos (emulation station)

Pentium 4 2.8ghz 2gb Ram | 250 watt power supply

Hmm, my Hyper 212 EVO is awesome, my Logitech 400S is asum too, bought another one just incase this one dies in 6 years ;)

I think a steelseries mousemat is a must have too, or any mousemat for that matter.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I know I will probably get flamed for this, but my Galaxy s4. Also everything in my current desktop and my old asus g73, the laptop is almost 4 years old and still can game well.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

besides my pc , my x6 noctua fans (3x140mm/ 3x120mm) they are just so quiet :D love them and i dont regret

Sennheiser HD 600's (ive replaced the cords like 6x over the years - the headband 1x and being able to do that has saved me like 1000$ in mid range headsets tbh , paid more upfront and never had to buy more). 

Essence STX soundcard (basically same time i bought my hd600's - Ive had no issues with it knock on wood have had it for years and years now and just keeps working amazingly and i keep moving it to the next pc 

my MSI GT70 2OC laptop so far has not been at all a regret it keeps impressing me more and more. 

This super cheap Samsung printer i have ML-1670 i think i paid like 25$ for it on-sale and ive printed 10's of thousands of prints off it and still works great lol. nice little black and white lazer printer - sure beats ink for a small personal printer as it never dries up on ya. 

Hmmm im not gonna say anything about CPU's since i have literally like 30 of them and they all still work (some in a box for benching). 

Ahh more recent thing (like 5 months ago ) i got a Sony Xperia Z1 and i love this damn phone - its fast , has good bat life and just over all works amazing for me - plays games well too with its Qualcomm snapdragon cpu. nice lil phone recommend to anyone. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

My SSD. Love it, will never go back to HDDs for boot drives

my CM TK. If there's a riot, I can take it into battle. Indestructible...

And of course, my laptop. GPU overclocked to 1.5GHz. Absolutely rock-solid stable all day.

My older macbook pro from around 2011(sold by now)

My current rig

My iphone 5

i would say my gtx670 pe from @Pintend and my z87d3hp and xeon1230v3 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

My GTX 970

My CM Storm quickfire ultimate

My 278C4 27" 1080p monitor

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

All my Noctua Fans 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

All of the following recent purchases which are serving me quite nicely:

Netgear GS724Tv4

Synology DS412+

Asus RT-AC87U

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

My projector (Optoma hd131xe) and anker gaming mouse. Great pieces of kit that I would instantly re-buy if they went faulty and a fix wasn't possible. 

All my Noctua Fans 

I had a 140mm Noctua crap out and start making a ticking/rattling noise on me. They're not indestructible.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

HTC One S. Metal body, about as thin as an iPhone 5, decent amoled screen (if a little pixely), and I can still run pretty much any app in the store.

This thing has been dropped and thrown and bent but still seems fine. I tried quite hard to bend it after all the bendgate nonsense. but it held up easily.

My only issue is the poor battery life due to how old it is.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I spend a great deal of effort to read about the things I want to purchase.  I'm confident enough to say that all of the electronics I purchased are things I don't regret.  All of our video game consoles; all of the computer upgrades; tv's; cell phones; tablets; etc.  

I might spend more than some people on electronics, but I'm an informed shopper. 

i forgot how much i missed this good 'ol wireless trackball mice that comes with  a sensor with a  meter long cable

EDIT: correction 2 meters long

1ze886h.jpg

4tvtqa.jpg

lives on

BAKABT

Everything I bought with my current rig. And my Blue Snowball. 

And hopefully, my incoming Avermedia LGP, which should land on Thursday (Philippine time).

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Everything I own...

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I do not regret buying a HTC One m7 a bit, it was indeed expensive but totally worth the money in my opinion.

Also, I oddly enough don't regret my RAT 7. Sure, it's acting in an odd fashion at times and has a temperament but I've never actually regretted the purchase.

CPUIntel Core I5-3570k @4.2Ghz |  CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MOBOMsi Z77 Mpower | GPUSapphire HD7970 Dual-X 3GB RAMCorsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz (2x8GB) | HDD Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB & HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB | PSU: BeQuiet! PurePower L8 630w | Case: Corsair C70 Military Green | Display: BenQ GL2450HM 24" KeyboardCM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Keyboard (Browns) | MouseR.A.T 7 | Mouse padSteelseries QcK Mass | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | Picture of setuphttp://i.imgur.com/o8jKsQJ.jpg (OLD)

My G502

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I second the guy that said my whole setup other than the chassis. Also, my CM Storm QuickFire TK cherry blues. The clickiness drives my gf insane sometimes lol

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.