Could someone tell me whether this is a good 2,600 dollar cinemetography rig ?

My max budget is 2,700 us dollars here is what i have so far amazon is preffered

Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras

SMDV Remote Shutter Release Cable for Canon EOS 1D, 1DS Mark II, III, Mark III, IV, 1DC, 1DX, 10D, 20D, 20DA, 30D, 40D, 50D, 5D, 5D Mark II, III, 7D, Replaces Canon RS80N3

Canon EOS 70D Body + Free Accessories

Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro with Rode DeadKitten Windshield

Opteka CXS-300 Dual-Grip Video Shoulder Stabilizer Support System for DSLR Cameras & Camcorders

NEEWER® 160 LED CN-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera / Camcorder Video Light, LED Light for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic,SONY, Samsung and Olympus Digital SLR Cameras

Neewer L-Shape Bracket Holder for Flash Light Camera Mini DV Camcorder with Hot Shoe

77mm Digital Tulip Flower Lens Hood For Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens+ Cap Keeper + MicroFiber Cleaning Cloth

Tiffen 77mm Circular Polarizer

Intocircuit® Power Castle PC26000 26000mAh External Battery Pack/High Capacity Power Bank charger for Laptops, Notebooks, Netbooks, Tablets and Smart Phones. Compatible with HP, Dell, Toshiba, Acer, Samsung, Sony, Gateway Laptops; Google Nexus 7 Tablets; iPad 4,3,2, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5s, 5c, 5 (Lightning Cable not Provided), Samsung Galaxy S4,S3, Galaxy Note 2; HTC Sensation, One X V One X V S, EVO 4G, Thunderbolt; Nokia Lumia 920 900 N9; Motorola Razr,trix,roid; LG Optimus and more [12 Connectors for Laptops, 10 Connectors for Phones and Tablets, AC Adapter Included]

Kapaxen ACK-E6 AC Power Adapter Kit For Canon EOS 6D, 7D, 60D, 70D DSLR Cameras

2,700 us dollars

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

If you plan on shooting motion a follow focus is generally a welcomed addition. I'm more partial to primes for video but a zoom gives alot of flexibility and nobody will be able to tell the difference between an expensive and cheap lens filming at 1080p, unless you can, in which case you are unbelievable unique.

Edit: My issue with Zoom lenses is that (with the ones I've used) there is a slight zoom when focusing and I don't see that with prime lenses.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I'd go with the 5d mk 3

sharper colors and the mk 2 is still used to shoot tv shows and other projects

the other stuff is good but you want to stick with prime (non zoom) lenses unless needed because it will be a crisper picture

I've had bad experience with 3rd party chargers and batteries in my cameras, i only use canon stuff for my 7D

the industry standard for shoulder stabilizers is red rock they make everything for cameras and then some in terms of shoulder mounted or hand held rigs

http://store.redrockmicro.com/ 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

If you plan on shooting motion a follow focus is generally a welcomed addition. I'm more partial to primes for video but a zoom gives alot of flexibility and nobody will be able to tell the difference between an expensive and cheap lens filming at 1080p, unless you can, in which case you are unbelievable unique.

Depends on the quality of the zoom lens, there's quite a difference between a regular canon and a L lens when it comes to primes or zooms

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

I'd go with the 5d mk 3

sharper colors and the mk 2 is still used to shoot tv shows and other projects

the other stuff is good but you want to stick with prime (non zoom) lenses unless needed because it will be a crisper picture

I've had bad experience with 3rd party chargers and batteries in my cameras, i only use canon stuff for my 7D

the industry standard for shoulder stabilizers is red rock they make everything for cameras and then some in terms of shoulder mounted or hand held rigs

http://store.redrockmicro.com/ 

that is more tha my whole rig budget

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

so could i use the kit lens

Stay away from the kit lens, it's a paperweight

try that, i have it and i use it for both photo and video

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12182-USA/Canon_2519A003_85mm_f_1_8_USM_Autofocus.html

Stay away from the kit lens, it's a paperweight

try that, i have it and i use it for both photo and video

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12182-USA/Canon_2519A003_85mm_f_1_8_USM_Autofocus.html

i have that lens already but for video i need a good zoom

If you never have to change focus, then I suppose you could use kit lenses, 1080(2mp) is such a low resolution that the glass almost doesn't matter but my only zoom lens experience is with canon kit lenses and when you focus it they zoom and that is not ok for video, in my mind.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

i have that lens already but for video i need a good zoom

http://www.dpreview.com/

any and everything to do with DSLR's you can find reviews here, look through the lenses and see what you like. the principals are the same when it comes to lenses for photo and video

oh yeah, the new 7d mk 2 just came out, check that out and see if it's in your budget. It's the next best thing to having a full frame camera

http://www.dpreview.com/

any and everything to do with DSLR's you can find reviews here, look through the lenses and see what you like. the principals are the same when it comes to lenses for photo and video

what else would you reccomend i have 150 dollars left in my budget

oh yeah, the new 7d mk 2 just came out, check that out and see if it's in your budget. It's the next best thing to having a full frame camera

no its out of my budget

memory cards!!!

if you are shooting video you will need TONS!! I'd go with sandisk because they are super reliable and have the speeds required for video so you won't have any dropped frames

a good bag wouldn't hurt either

memory cards!!!

if you are shooting video you will need TONS!! I'd go with sandisk because they are super reliable and have the speeds required for video so you won't have any dropped frames

a good bag wouldn't hurt either

i have some what speed should i buy 60mbps 95 45 which speed and for 1hour of footage 64 or 32 gb

make sure you have a beast of a computer for editing and color correction

just got my 970 today so i'll have FINALLY something that i won't be wasting time on

yea i have a 4790k and a gtx 780 at 1254mhz do you reccomend premier or any lower cos alternatives

make sure you have a beast of a computer for editing and color correction

just got my 970 today so i'll have FINALLY something that i won't be wasting time on

What is the reasoning for that lens? For cinematography I would go with a (samyang) prime lens with an f1.4 aperture. The focus on Samyang is butter smooth and they are sharp as hell. (I am assuming you don't use autofocus)

edit: its also a lot cheaper 

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

What is the reasoning for that lens? For cinematography I would go with a (samyang) prime lens with an f1.4 aperture. The focus on Samyang is butter smooth and they are sharp as hell. (I am assuming you don't use autofocus)

i dont use af unless needed although i am a mostly one man crew so i somtimes do as i use it mostly as a waking rig

I don't use auto focus when i shoot video but i shoot photos more than video currently so i like the auto focus

yea i have a 4790k and a gtx 780 at 1254mhz do you reccomend premier or any lower cos alternatives

buy according to ur budget, I am going with what the pros use because i am in that industry and know what has worked for my friends and i

memory cards!!!

That's one hell of an exaggeration. Even around 80 MB/s is just fine with no dropped frames, higher really isn't necessary. Plus, I'd say more than 3 or 4 16 GB cards will be more than enough, especially at the beginning. People who need tons of memory cards include Olympic photographers and just about nobody else. 

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

That's one hell of an exaggeration. Even around 80 MB/s is just fine with no dropped frames, higher really isn't necessary. Plus, I'd say more than 3 or 4 16 GB cards will be more than enough, especially at the beginning. People who need tons of memory cards include Olympic photographers and just about nobody else. 

you clearly haven't shot 4K before or a fashion week

I'm talking about worst case where you don't have a computer or shooting an event where you don't have time to do data dumps. A 16 gig card doesn't hold much when you are shooting at 1080p. (speaking from experience)

but like i said, scale to what you can afford and build from there, when I do video gigs for my friends, i've got at least 5 or 6 cards and 4 batteries in my pocket which usually fill up by then end of the day because i never stop