I need help with my next Gaming PC build

Jones521

Hello,I'm new to the forum.I'm a 14 year old who loves PC gaming,Computers and technology in general.I want a better gaming machine than what I currently have.Id like to build a 4K Gaming PC that is overclock-friendly and can run most Games at reasonable FPS.I have a rough idea of the components I want,but Id like to see what people with more knowledge than myself think.My maximum budget is £3000($4790) by the way.Oh and one more thing,please remember that I'm only 14 and have only been PC gaming for 1 year, so I wont know as much as you will.Thanks ^_^ 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/VLwjqs

*Broken Link*

Edit Fixed Still Broken

Edit Fixed

Also ~4.8k$ is overkil...

Because he had a hard drive.

Hello,I'm new to the forum.I'm a 14 year old who loves PC gaming,Computers and technology in general.I want a better gaming machine than what I currently have.Id like to build a 4K Gaming PC that is overclock-friendly and can run most Games at reasonable FPS.I have a rough idea of the components I want,but Id like to see what people with more knowledge than myself think.My maximum budget is £3000($4790) by the way.Oh and one more thing,please remember that I'm only 14 and have only been PC gaming for 1 year, so I wont know as much as you will.Thanks ^_^ 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

You have to use the permalink

Also are you just going to be gaming or will you also be doing video editing? 

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

It is really awesome that there are so many young men and women out there that are getting into the PC Gaming and Enthusiast scene. So rad!

Also should the build include os, monitor, peripherals, etc.?

You have to use the permalink

Also are you just going to be gaming or will you also be doing video editing? 

Okay,Ive fixed that

Just Gaming

It is really awesome that there are so many young men and women out there that are getting into the PC Gaming and Enthusiast scene. So rad!

tumblr_inline_ndaw3bd8jJ1s2urhx.gif

Okay,Ive fixed that

Just Gaming

Its still not fixed- i'm working on something - any preferred colour schemes? -  and we could very easily save a lot of this money but depends if you wanna splash it all out or not?

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£109.96 @ Aria PC) 

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£155.00 @ More Computers) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£298.76 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£298.76 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Case: Corsair 760T Black ATX Full Tower Case  (£137.57 @ CCL Computers) 

Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  (£127.49 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Other: W 8.1 from G2A 

Total: £1529.43

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-15 19:42 BST+0100

I had this build in pcpartpicker already so it can be tweaked a lot

Its still not fixed- i'm working on something - any preferred colour schemes? -  and we could very easily save a lot of this money but depends if you wanna splash it all out or not?

Its definitely fixed now,woops.Im going for a red and black colour scheme.Id like to save as much money as possible

Okay,Ive fixed that

Just Gaming

Wouldn't really suggest this but here:

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£109.96 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£242.40 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  (£69.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£134.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£478.78 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£478.78 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£87.59 @ Aria PC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£69.29 @ Aria PC) 
Monitor: Dell P2815Q 30Hz 28.0" Monitor  (£405.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Total: £2541.95
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-15 19:54 BST+0100

If you really badly wanna spend all your money you could add more 980's for up to four way sli but there isn't really any point.
The case is a personal choice so you should look for which ones you like yourself.

Its definitely fixed now,woops.Im going for a red and black colour scheme.Id like to save as much money as possible

woops only just saw that will make a new build right away

woops only just saw that will make a new build right away

lol Thanks :)

do you want it to include a monitor and peripherals like mouse and keyboard or not?

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£79.19 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£104.36 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  (£69.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£51.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£274.28 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£274.28 @ CCL Computers) 
Monitor: AOC U2868PQU 60Hz 28.0" Monitor  (£394.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1813.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-15 20:09 BST+0100

As before choose whatever case you like. The ssd doesn't really match the colour scheme however you can just put it out of sight. nice 4K monitor

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£79.19 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£104.36 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£51.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Monitor: AOC U2868PQU 60Hz 28.0" Monitor  (£394.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1813.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-15 20:09 BST+0100

As before choose whatever case you like. The ssd doesn't really match the colour scheme however you can just put it out of sight. nice 4K monitor

thankyou :)

Where did you get THAT MUCH MONEY (I too am 14 and need money for a new build)

Also, what will you do with this build?

And do you need monitors, OS and other peripherals?

dude what

Where did you get THAT MUCH MONEY (I too am 14 and need money for a new build)

Get... A... Job...

why-dont-i-strap-on-my-job-helmet-and-sq

I'm confused, why would you say you can spend like $5k on a system and then say you want to save as much money as possible?

I'm confused, why would you say you can spend like $5k on a system and then say you want to save as much money as possible?

This....

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/VLwjqs

Hey Jones521,

With that kind of budget, you can easily get a very future-proof build with 4x4GB DDR4 memory, 5th gen i7 CPU and a x99 MOBO. Even though it is a major overkill for gaming, it should last you for a very long time, giving you the option to add a 3rd GPU down the road and you'll be able to benefit from quad-channel support for the memory. 
A 2TB single HDD would be a cheaper option but 2x1TB offer better safety as if either fails, the second one would still work like a charm. I would suggest checking out the 1TB WD Blue drive if you prefer getting two separate ones. If not - 2TB WD Black is the one you need. Games rely on storage only for their load times and I suppose you will put them on the SSD.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Mow your neighbors yards...

I live in a flat  :mellow: 

dude what