So it's two decent products and one really, really shitty one. Honestly that's pretty much the average I expect from Razer products. I think they still have quite some work to do in the quality department. Oh, and I don't care about RGB lighting at all - that just would heavily distract from the gaming experience.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Just bought my DeathAdder Chroma... it's pretty awesome, I'm just praying it won't fail within a year :)

Are their mice also known for a high failure rate? I thought those at least would be a somewhat save bet.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Aside from the fact that the switches feel nothing like a Cherry MX switch... But I guess you're waiting for Logitechs "100% original siwtches", right?

I don't mind those Razer switches to be honest, I could see them being good for gaming, but like any switch, I'd have to test it long-term to see how I felt about it.

However. I'm not at all liking this trend of jam-packing these boards with frankly useless features that take up unnecessary space (Macro keys, dedicated media keys as opposed to them being function modifiers). I'm buying a tenkeyless shortly into the new year, and it will be a Leopold FC750R, in white. That to me represents more than enough keyboard

Personally I'm just sick of reading the shitstorm of "Only buy Corsair products because they have original Cherry switches". What's wrong with there being more options on the market?

No not waiting for the Logitech.  I have the K65RGB and its fantastic.  I've got no problem with other options being available (I have an original Blackwidow Ultimate w/ Cherry Blues too) but why Razer thinks they can charge the same or more for the knockoff's are beyond me.  Linus and others have commented that the Kalih switches are not as consistent.  I'll stick with the German precision.

However if Razer shaved $25 or so off compared to Corsair, I think it would be an easier recommendation.

Mothership - 3770k @ 4.5 - 980ti SLI - Z77UD5

Protégé - FX8350 @ 4.8 - Fury X - CHVFZ

Are their mice also known for a high failure rate? I thought those at least would be a somewhat save bet.

Ive been using deathadders since 2007.  I have an original, a black edition, and a 2013 edition.  All still working perfectly

RGB is pointless when it comes to messing around with it, doing effects, modes etc. its a distraction imo. I want to be paying attention to my monitor not my keyboard. Only benefit i see with rgb is if you really want certain switch + color combo that matches your build. Or if you change up your color scheme of your build you won't have to worry about your keyboard/mouse not matching anymore. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Ive been using deathadders since 2007.  I have an original, a black edition, and a 2013 edition.  All still working perfectly

Well, that's something I guess. The only Razer product I'm interested in, anyway would be the Razer Sabertooth and I hope that one holds up longevity wise - if price was a measurement for that it would last 20years min but that's not how it usually works, unfortunately.

Finally got home so I can watch the video....

I LITERALLY ROFL'D AT 2:54 "So next time you're gaming at the local IMAX, you can crank that shit up". Thank you Linus/writer(s), I'm even happier with my DeathAdder Chroma now.

Many products yeah, but I don't think the DeathAdder is known for its high failure rates. Rather, I have seen many complaints of buttons getting "squeashy" and wheels feeling weird/breaking. With that said, I'm gonna treat my mouse like egyptian porcelain (gently).

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

My keyboard was only $20 and it works just fine for gaming.  The only mechanical keyboard I've every used was so annoying because it just constantly was *click click click*.

Ill probably be picking one of the DA chroma' next week to compare to my 2013.

Ill probably be picking one of the DA chroma' next week to compare to my 2013.

it IS a 2013 just with RGB lighting.

it IS a 2013 just with RGB lighting.

And a new 10,000 dpi infrared sensor.

And a new 10,000 dpi infrared sensor.

is that really even worth mentioning?  no optical sensor goes that high chalk it up to marketing.  pretty much since 1800 dpi came and went any more has been useless

is that really even worth mentioning? no optical sensor goes that high chalk it up to marketing. pretty much since 1800 dpi came and went any more has been useless

I just said it was a infrared sensor, technically infrared optical. Also ill just point you over to the G502 if you dont think ones that high exist.

I disagree there though I've been using 1600 dpi for gaming since it was possible. I have found uses for higher dpi outside of gaming though. Also it's a new sensor and I'd like to try it.

I have a Logitech G510S & it's pretty great. Having a small LCD screen & using Aida 64 to monitor FPS, CPU & CPU temps & speeds, RAM usage etc. makes all the difference.

The new G10 Orion Spark looks good too, being able to utilise a cell phone screen could be even better if the right apps are out there. I've never really used a mechanical keyboard but the Romer-G switches look OK. I like the way that it allows the keys to be properly backlit. Personally I don't like the look of the Corsair lighting that tries to blind you with lights around the keys.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1pb42jw

Amazon: http://geni.us/Ggp

The new Chroma line-up from Razer is pretty darn cool, but can it compete with the current kings of the new RGB peripheral market?

Do I care about RGB lighting? No. It's a huge gimmick that people buy only because it can be difficult to find something with accent lighting to match your scheme. If you don't care about backlights or color coordination, its a waste of money.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Do I care about RGB lighting? No. It's a huge gimmick that people buy only because it can be difficult to find something with accent lighting to match your scheme. If you don't care about backlights or color coordination, its a waste of money.

Except the DA as its the same price and is better.

RGB on a headset is so pointless......You cant even see it when wearing it.

Yes, I do wish Corsair would release a M45 RGB (without tramp stamp of course)

RGB on a headset is so pointless......You can even see it when wearing it.

Yes, I do wish Corsair would release a M45 RGB (without tramp stamp of course)

I agree

Also could care less about that and actually think a yellow accented M45 could look good.

In regards to headsets I just can't stand to wear them while sitting at a pc & I'm glad I'm not playing mmorpgs anymore so I don't need one.  RGB or not no headset for me is preferred.  As for Razer mice my only experience with them ended with my mouse dropping dead in a year's time.  Now in regards to the Razer Lachesis we had my son said he liked the feel of the mouse compared to the SteelSeries Kana I got him next & I agree with his opinion too on the Razer Lachesis vs the SteelSeries Kana.  Now even though we had our Razer mouse break I will consider Razer again in the future for sure because no matter what mouse I try I still haven't found the perfect gaming mouse.  In our home we also have used the Logitech 300 & while it is comfortable to use for basic things the extra buttons are not big enough to make it easier to hit the extra buttons you want.  Also with the mouse near the logo the paint/coloring is coming off. So yeah Razer I may try another mouse you make in the future because the competition can't make perfect mice either yet.  As for the RGB keyboard it looks awesome & probably would be something I'd buy if I had the money to blow right now.  Still though I hope to see many color options in the future for the actual casing of these RGB keyboards as I would like to get my daughter one someday & she sure as heck isn't going to want black casing for her RGB keyboard.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I want RGB, but that's only because I want to be able to set different colors to match my build and room. Otherwise I would just get either a white LED or purple LED backlit keyboard.

Also, thank you Linus for calling Corsair's logo a tramp stamp and calling them out for using that piss yellow on their products.  :D

I want RGB lighting on my Logitech G710+ and then i'll never need another keyboard again :)

Windows 10 | AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Gb | Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb | Corsair HX750 | NZXT Source 530 case | Logitech G710+ keyboard | Logitech G500s mouse | Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle | Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR

I think of the RGB as more of a gimmick, but curious to see how the DA Chroma performs. Many didn't like the 2013 edition for smoothing.