How to plug a Nintendo Gamecube into a modern monitor?

Element921

I've been thinking of pulling out my old Gamecube for old time's sake, but I don't own a TV anymore as I do everything on my PC. I know the Gamecube doesn't have a standard VGA port, so what will I need to get it running on my monitor, if it's possible? My monitor is an ASUS VS247H, if that makes a difference.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Well I'm stupid, I was only looking for adapters to VGA because I didn't think an adapter from a composite analog signal to HDMI would exist. Thanks for your help, haha

Grab Dolphin emulator, then just buy a GC controller to USB adapter and play games trouble free on the PC.

Cheapest and easiest option.

I do have the Dolphin emulator already installed, and it's just not quite the same as the real thing

I do have the Dolphin emulator already installed, and it's just not quite the same as the real thing

I have the Dolphin emulator on my computer... The higher resolution and Xbox controller are nice, but when you play on the real thing it just works.

Glad I could help.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

You may be better off just buying an old used CRT TV. the gamecube is going to look really bad on that monitor. upscaling a 480i image to 1080p and then sitting really close to it that is.

It can do 480p with its super rare and expensive component cables, actually it can do even higher but that is on a per title basis. All the systems back then we're like that, though the Xbox was most compatible and did it out of the box.

480p is not that much of an upgrade and still looks like poop when sitting really close to it. sure 8 feet away its passable.

Which is where you normally would sit for consoles ;)

You may be better off just buying an old used CRT TV. Hell this day in age im sure you could find them for free on Craigslist. The gamecube is going to look really bad on that monitor. upscaling a 480i image to 1080p and then sitting really close to it that is. This is the only thing that makes old consoles like the N64/GC not age very well in the age of HDTVs/HD Monitors.

I don't have space for it. I've got very limited space in my home, I would've just gotten a CRT if I had more room