Skyrim Next Gen?

MinotaurGrumps

Does anyone know if Skyrim is going to next gen?

It was my FAVORITE game of last gen, and I put over 3000 hours into it. Since I sold my old console, I am really missing it.

If it does come to next gen, will it have mod support? Maybe ultra settings? So many possiblities.

Thanks! :D

Mod support on console? r u avin a giggle der m8?

And no they won't be released for PS4 & XBone.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

PC.

These "Next Gen" consoles wouldn't be able to come close to the experience you can get on a PC, not to mention you can add all the mods you want on pc.

Consoles don't support modding games, and the only way it could get ultra settings to be playable is at like 720p, even at that I doubt it would get decent framerates.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If Skyrim goes next-gen, I would expect the PC version to get an upgrade too, not just in terms of graphics but the engine too. The high FPS physics engine bug drove me insane.

Well yes I know that, but it is a three year old game.

If you had an option to go 30fps, you could maybe have better settings. But... I doubt consoles would give you that much flexibility.

pfffffffff

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

If it does come to next gen, will it have mod support? Maybe ultra settings? So many possiblities.

Even if it does come to next-gen, only PC will have mod support, making it worthwhile to get on PC anyways.

"Rawr XD"

Even if it does come to next-gen, only PC will have mod support, making it worthwhile to get on PC anyways.

True.

It would be nice if us console owners got thrown a bone every know and then. :|

Exclusives are nice and all, but.. eck.

Well yes I know that, but it is a three year old game.

Skyrim on PC gets mods, many of which is easily accessible directly from steam. It's so much more than vanilla skyrim on consoles.

put it this way, Console = $450, Skyrim "HD" = 60, that's 520 dollars. Buy a PC easily. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

(Ps4 is 400$ here.)

A 460$ PC could not play Skyrim on ultra settings 60fps. Maybe medium on 40.

True.

It would be nice if us console owners got thrown a bone every know and then. :|

Exclusives are nice and all, but.. eck.

Well, mods wouldn't play well on both sides of what makes a console version of Skyrim

Software - Games on consoles are generally read-only, not allowing files to be modified and rendering only DLC able to add content

Hardware - Modded Skyrim takes a lot more horsepower and especially VRAM compared to vanilla Skyrim, much more then what even PS4/Xbone can handle. 

"Rawr XD"

Well, mods wouldn't play well on both sides of what makes a console version of Skyrim

Software - Games on consoles are generally read-only, not allowing files to be modified and rendering only DLC able to add content

Hardware - Modded Skyrim takes a lot more horsepower and especially VRAM compared to vanilla Skyrim, much more then what even PS4/Xbone can handle. 

Well at the moment the consoles have around 3GB of VRAM or so once everything is divided on their shared pool. Shadow of mordor hinted at that and could change in the future if the OSs free up more space. But still 3GB is a decent amount considering also that the machines with NEVER hit above 1080p.

There is only one game that comes to mind that had mod support to a degree, was Unreal Tournament 3 on ps3. Does happen :P...but yeah one singular game doesn't really say much.

Well at the moment the consoles have around 3GB of VRAM or so once everything is divided on their shared pool. Shadow of mordor hinted at that and could change in the future if the OSs free up more space. But still 3GB is a decent amount considering also that the machines with NEVER hit above 1080p.

There is only one game that comes to mind that had mod support to a degree, was Unreal Tournament 3 on ps3. Does happen :P...but yeah one singular game doesn't really say much.

Well in reality it's what you mod Skyrim with, but if you do a fair number of mods that contain high-res textures then it's not hard to have Skyrim use over 3GB of VRAM at 1080p.

"Rawr XD"

Try to get your console version save and use it on the PC game.

Consoles should only be used to play games that are not available on PC IMO.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

MinotaurGrumps, on 15 Oct 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:MinotaurGrumps, on 15 Oct 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Does anyone know if Skyrim is going to next gen?

It was my FAVORITE game of last gen, and I put over 3000 hours into it. Since I sold my old console, I am really missing it.

Thanks! :D

post-15478-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-gif

r u avin a giggle der m8?

Unreal Tournament 3, it's doable

I'd like to point out that this doesn't excuse UT3 for being shite

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

(Ps4 is 400$ here.)

I threw together a a PC from spares for my brother and it ran Skyrim at higher settings and a higher resolution than the 360 easy.

G3258-stock

MSI Z97 U3 Plus

3GB 1333Mhz RAM

GTS 250 1GB

160GB HDD

It ran Skyrim at 1440x900 on high with x4 AA/AF with the Bethesda high res texture pack and a few mods. 35-50FPS with no drops below 30 with the exception of area transitions. Not 60 with those settings but I traded framerate for a bit of AA/AF. Had I dropped the AA/AF it would have been 40-60FPS easy. You don't need much the run the game even with a few mods, it only gets hard to run when you throw a lot of mods into the mix.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Well in reality it's what you mod Skyrim with, but if you do a fair number of mods that contain high-res textures then it's not hard to have Skyrim use over 3GB of VRAM at 1080p.

OH of course, its that plus any number of other issues that would be surrounded with mods on consoles :P

But to the OP as well, can't really see Skyrim getting ported to the new systems, they will just come out with a new game.

(Ps4 is 400$ here.)

If you can't get 60FPS out of skyrim for 460$ you suck at builds. Besides the ps4 would be at 30hz because it could never hit 60 on those weak CPUs

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2014/01/30/amd-a10-7850k-and-a10-7700k-kaveri-review/9

The current A10 is half way there

And the only reason you couldn't get 60 it's because of its shit coding and CPU bound nature

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R