New help choosing new headphones.

bringtherain

I asked for headphones.

shocked-bad-acting-italian-spiderman.gif

And yet you quoted my "earphones" comment on your previous post.

Sub $100 headphones? even the Marshall ones sound good at that price range.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

And yet you quoted my "earphones" comment on your previous post.

Sub $100 headphones? even the Marshall ones sound good at that price range.

And yet neither topic nor my original comment were about earphones, you brought them up.

Fair enough.

Seems like i need to do a little topic on gaming headphones on budget.

i ended up getting the pc350se for 65 and this guy must not have lied about not using it much cause the clamp force is still strong as hell. to the point where i had to put on a hat to keep using it in a match because i was getting a migraine. I'm not sure how well I like the sound vs my logitech g930. It sounds better for sure but not as significant as I had hoped especially with it clamping my head even harder than the heavy g930. I may just try to sell this and get a 558 to pair with my vmoda boom mic

This is pretty off topic, but are you sure it was a migraine and not any other type of headache?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

This is pretty off topic, but are you sure it was a migraine and not any other type of headache?

Yeah, I don't think you'd be playing a video game if you had a migraine. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/migraine-headache/basics/definition/con-20026358

And yet neither topic nor my original comment were about earphones, you brought them up.

Fair enough.

Seems like i need to do a little topic on gaming headphones on budget.

and yet you overlooked it?

I do agree that you should make a little topic on gaming headphones on a budget. Things like that help the online community a lot  :)

And, earphones are technically under the headphones category. To prove that, here's Linus in a video saying "Practical driver sizes for headphones are anywhere from tiny 10mm, or sometimes even smaller, drivers that fit inside IEMs to big 55mm..."

http://youtu.be/BKhS7X8rs74?t=58s

Heck, my Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 says "Inner Ear Headphones".

Think of it like, 'in-ear' and 'over-ear' headphones.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

and yet you overlooked it?

I do agree that you should make a little topic on gaming headphones on a budget. Things like that help the online community a lot  :)

And, earphones are technically under the headphones category. To prove that, here's Linus in a video saying "Practical driver sizes for headphones are anywhere from tiny 10mm, or sometimes even smaller, drivers that fit inside IEMs to big 55mm..."

http://youtu.be/BKhS7X8rs74?t=58s

Heck, my Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 says "Inner Ear Headphones".

Think of it like, 'in-ear' and 'over-ear' headphones.

Yet i overlooked it :D

Fair enough, we got lingo out of the way now, sorry for confusion hah.

Anyway, i think 681 evo is the best choice, thats why i put it in sig. I must get driver model numbers because i strogly suspect the 681 (or 668b) and 681 evo has same driver, some people removed the cloth between driver and ear and highs and punchy bass was back. Its like sennheiser headphones, some have same driver but different response.

Funny thing is, you can mod 681 and 668b the same way, just put layers of fabric and you get rid of harsh highs.

Apart from JVC ha-rx700, all other headphones are unconfortable so its really easy pick.

And JVC is also closed so its no go for gaming.