Project the (almost) power house

GhostWindGamer

Ladies and gentlemen hello and welcome to my build log I call it the (almost) power house. This build is a budget one because I'm burrowing most of the money from my mum (love you mum :D) and will be used for gaming, YouTube and web browsing.
Specs are
CPU: i3-4150 - i5 4570
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-h97n-WIFI
Memory: Kingston hyperx fury (2x4gb)
GPU: R9 270 twin frozor - sold
Case: Corsair 250D
PSU: Corsair CS450M
URL: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/GhostWindGamer/saved/2QTZxr

Why did I chose these parts you ask (if you didn't to bad you're going to find out anyway)
The i3 because it is cheap and I've mostly used AMD before. The motherboard because it's black and has wifi. The memory because it's cheap and it looks great. The GPU because it's on sale for $135 which is amazing. The case because I do lans with my friends. And the PSU because it seems good.

So far I only have the ram but I will be getting everything else tomorrow except for the GPU because that needs to be shipped. So the actual build will be done tomorrow. So guys I'll see you then :D

Also sorry for the horrible typing I'm on my phone :(

post-85480-0-91565300-1421414289_thumb.j

post-85480-0-85684400-1421414323_thumb.j

Why would you call this a powerhouse? Even "almost'.. You are using a cs450m lol.

Why would you call this a powerhouse? Even "almost'.. You are using a cs450m lol.

That's the joke :D

Nice. Maybe an R7 260X would've been better. Or a 265.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Noice, we have the same MOBO YAY. definitely subbed

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Nice. Maybe an R7 260X would've been better. Or a 265.

The 265 is about $10 cheaper and it doesn't come in the twin frozor so the 270 won

xD. Sarcasm is hard on the internet :P.

Yep but I still try

The 265 is about $10 cheaper and it doesn't come in the twin frozor so the 270 won

Ah, ok. Then it's awesome.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Ah, ok. Then it's awesome.

I thought so and so did mum

A tidy little portable LAN rig this could be, I shall certainly follow this this.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

At last ! ha-le-lu-jah !

You'll probably love the 250D. I hate mine, but then I'm super fussy about cases.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

should have messaged me on steam your started this, guess your lucky i was checking the forums for once :P subbed for whatever that means with my inactivity  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

should have messaged me on steam your started this, guess your lucky i was checking the forums for once :P subbed for whatever that means with my inactivity

I would have messaged you on steam but my old PC is in bits

I would have messaged you on steam but my old PC is in bits

getting to work at 10pm eh? never too late to start building :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

At last ! ha-le-lu-jah !

You'll probably love the 250D. I hate mine, but then I'm super fussy about cases.

what you hate about it? although 350D is absolute best for buck and visually very appealing and sealed from dust

Oh you will love the 250D. With your components, this should actually be very quiet. That case has much better airflow than it seems.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

what you hate about it? although 350D is absolute best for buck and visually very appealing and sealed from dust

Front panel is plastic with a slither of alu over it. Case is basic steel, nowhere near as heavy and solid as I had come to expect of the raving reviews Corsair stuff gets.

PSU area was too tight. I was 8mm from fitting a larger height PSU and so it cost me £45 I really didn't want to spend. Now I know they built it to ATX standards but everything was just too tight. I couldn't mod it either as the mobo tray is what was in the way.

GTX 480 Lightning was a nightmare to fit. Once again, 8mm would have made all the difference and the case shell itself could have remained the same. Poor lining up of my fan controller in the tray so I could not screw it in, yet I have had the same controller in three other PCs with no issues.

General build quality was meh. I have handled some of the most exclusive and expensive PC cases which I thought Corsair were. But it seems not. Problems lining up the screws for the fan cover plate on the back... It just goes on.

Now bear in mind I am super, super critical but I still remain to understand what all the fuss was about.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

@ALXAndy I'm not fussy so these faults shouldn't affect me right?

No. You should be good matey.

No. You should be good matey.

Ok good you had me worried with all the faults you listed

"the ram because it's cheap" bro, no ram is cheap right now :(

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it