Good starter DSLR?

I can't speak for nikon but I would say that a Canon Rebel T3i with a the 50mm f1.4 lens would take fantastic pictures for the price and would be a beast in low light. not a huge fan of the kit lens that's included with the T3i though.

the kit lens isn't awful and has zoom, but with the 50mm where you give up zoom you gain a lens that gathers much more light, has much more smooth, buttery bokeh(blurred backgrounds) and simplicity.

Good starter DSLR?

I like taking close up Macro photos as well as normal pictures.

Budget isn't a concern.

The Pentax K-50 offers great features at a fantastic price. If you grab it with the Pentax 100mm f2.8 macro wr then it would produce 1:1 magnification at 30cm from the subject. 

Body: http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-50-Digital-Camera-3-Inch/dp/B00DBPKBQO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1413265248&sr=1-1&keywords=k+50+body

Lens: http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-100mm-2-8-WR-Digital/dp/B0030GGS3O

EDIT: One feature you'll also enjoy that isn't offered on most entry level cameras is focus peaking. It'll help if you're be doing any macro tripod work.

What would be a good all round lens as well that is cheap ish

For macro? Nothing. Maybe a 40mm 2.8 macro would be decent. But I like to be further away from my subject. 

I suppose a 18-140 F/3.5 to 5.6 would be alright. Not the best quality, AF is alright. But, it's cheap.

Link:

Camera:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D3100-Digital-Camera-Body/dp/B005PREXF6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413265808&sr=8-2&keywords=D3300+body+only

Lens:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-18-140mm-3-5-5-6G-AF-S-NIKKOR/dp/B00ECGX8FM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413265787&sr=8-1&keywords=18-140mm+nikon

Notice I linked a D3100. 

What would be a good all round lens as well that is cheap ish

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-18-200mm-3-5-5-6G-Telephoto-DX-Format/dp/B002JCSV8A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413265588&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+18-200

Not as sharp as prime lenses (locked focal length) but it covers pretty much all the focal lengths you'd want unless you get into wildlife.

It wouldn't be too good for anything professional or in low light but if you're just doing it as a hobby it'll work just fine.

I also suggest watching Tony Northrup's videos on Youtube. 

edit: @TheDoubleYGamer 's choice of lens is probably better on aps-c

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I also suggest watching Tony Northrup's videos on Youtube. 

No please dont. He spends far too much time telling people they're doing photography wrong if you're not using a full frame camera.

No please dont. He spends far too much time telling people they're doing photography wrong if you're not using a full frame camera.

Link me a video of him saying that.

He says full-frame is better for portraits and landscape but aps-c is better for wildlife and sports.*

*- unless you have a shit ton of money

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Link me a video of him saying that.

He says full-frame is better for portraits and landscape but aps-c is better for wildlife and sports.*

*- unless you have a shit ton of money

When he starts telling people that camera companies have been lying to you about ISO and aperture based on sensor size he's advocating full frame cameras, especially with flawed science. The comments pretty much tell the story http://www.slrlounge.com/camera-manufacturers-cheating-regards-iso-aperture/

Fair enough, his wildlife videos have lots of information and I've watched quite a few of his videos, but for the amount of controversy he stirs up in regard to how camera companies have been "lying" to you he doesn't deserve mentioning as a source of credibility. The more videos I see from him, the more I associate him with a Ken Rockwell type of reviewer.

When he starts telling people that camera companies have been lying to you about ISO and aperture based on sensor size he's advocating full frame cameras, especially with flawed science. The comments pretty much tell the story http://www.slrlounge.com/camera-manufacturers-cheating-regards-iso-aperture/

Fair enough, his wildlife videos have lots of information and I've watched quite a few of his videos, but for the amount of controversy he stirs up in regard to how camera companies have been "lying" to you he doesn't deserve mentioning as a source of credibility. The more videos I see from him, the more I associate him with a Ken Rockwell type of reviewer.

But... he's right. He literally tested it with 100mm on micro 4/3 and 200mm on full frame. He calculated for the correct aperture and iso and he got pretty much the same image quality. (using the same lens with an adapter, 70-200)

He explains further in this video 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

But let's not get in a debate on this guy's thread, if you want to continue you can PM me. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Pentax - No. Nikon - Yes. Canon - Hell yes. Budget no concern? Thats weird. In this case canon 700d + canon 15 85 is lens. and a 70 300 is. No other option is better.

Pentax - No. Nikon - Yes. Canon - Hell yes. Budget no concern? Thats weird. In this case canon 700d + canon 15 85 is lens. and a 70 300 is. No other option is better.

Yes, there are many better options. 

Canon Rebel T5i with a 50mm prime F/1.8, 105mm macro F/2.8, 70-200 F/2.8

As you and OP both said, no budget. So technically, that is a better option :P

The Pentax is a good option as a camera, and even more so compared to the 700D

Also, you're lens choices, whilst covering the 15-300mm range would be poor choices for macro work. @TheDoubleYGamer choices for lenses hands down beat the ones you mentioned.

I can't give you specific lenses, but I've always heard you should start with a 35mm, a 50mm and a 85 mm prime lenses. Just stick to Nikon or Canon and you'll be fine!

The Pentax is a good option as a camera, and even more so compared to the 700D

Also, you're lens choices, whilst covering the 15-300mm range would be poor choices for macro work. @TheDoubleYGamer choices for lenses hands down beat the ones you mentioned.

Some random link would not make pentax a good choice. When you buy dslr you commit yourself to a system. And its way better to commit to canon or nikon for many reasons. Also not without reason does canon have way more market than pentax. An yeah i missed the part about macro. Best macro lens would be canons 100 mm L macro. Again if budget is no concern buying that wouldn't be a problem. 

To be honest more i think about this budget being no important id just go for the best thing there is and be done with it. Like a 7D mark 2

Good starter DSLR?

I like taking close up Macro photos as well as normal pictures.

Budget isn't a concern.

The canon 135mm f/2 L is one of the best lens you can have for that cheap of a price. It gives amzing photos. I know it 'cause I used to do photograhpy professionaly. Buy it!

Then you need to take a Canon DSLR, Canon and Nikon are the most known and the best imo. I think the Canon 7DMkII might be a good choice, best would be the 5DMKIII

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

depends soley on budget t3i or t5i depends on budget and step up 70d

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

If you suggested a 7D MkII instead of the 700D I would've shrugged and said "horses for courses"  :P but yes, you do agree to a lens system when choosing a camera. That been said, the OP's requirements can be fulfilled by any camera paired with any lens with true macro capability. Nothing they mentioned suggested the need for an expanded camera system. You seem under the assumption that a Pentax camera can't handle the job OP needs it to do.

Also, that "random link" is some of the evidence that the K-50 is better than the 700D you suggested. Care to provide evidence to the contrary? I'm happy to debate this via PM.

Well its a fact that Canon has twice the number of lenses available for its systems. The pentax sensor stabilization systems is and always will be inferior to in lens stabilizers. And when all the dslr cameras these days get really nice quality what does matter? The devotion to one system. And when you have none yet, like the threads creator, you're are better of with the more popular manufacturers. And ricoh does not even make a full frame dslr. To be relevant pentax has to make something really special, and their newest model, the K-S1 which new buyers should be considering seems like a bit of a gamble. Ultimately canon and nikon selling way more stuff than pentax is all the evidence needed that pentax is behind for many reasons.

D7000 is so cheap now it makes no sense not to buy it.

Nikon also, along with Sony, ace every sensor property benchmark (dynamic range, low-light performance, colour depth)

Nikon body build quality is also a good bonus for a beginner who may not be that careful with their gear.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I think: A Canon EOS Rebel T3i or a Canon EOS Rebel SL1 wich has video AF and a touch screen.

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black