Make your DVD drive look awesome! Only for Corsair Obsidian series (as far as I know!) NOW WITH PICTURES!

Flight1sim

I thought this was kind of interesting, and it ended up looking really good when I did it.

The 5.25" bay covers have a brushed aluminum finish to them that matches the case really well. After installing a DVD drive, it ruins the look of the perfect front! 

So I have come up with a Solution!!!

Materials: Dvd Drive

Case (Corsair Obsidian or carbide with brushed aluminum front)

5.25" cover

1. You'll notice that the 5.25" cover has an aluminum plate on TOP of the plastic piece.

2. Pry off the aluminum plate from the plastic. (note, use a small flathead screwdriver to assist you) Also, try not to bend it, as it bends when prying.

3. After taking off the plate, press it down on your desk (glue facing up) to make it flat.

4. If your DVD player has a protruding button to eject, this is extremely easy, but if it has a sunk in button (older models) then you may have to do some more work.

5. If you have a protruding button:

- Place the plate on top of the DVD drive, covering it entirely. 

- Once you do that, press the area that the button would normally be visible (that area will bend out a bit, you can add cardboard to the actual front of the disk loader as a spacer, but I didn't bother. Its barely noticeable) 

-Press the button and let the tray open. Make sure the glue sticks properly (glue that was remaining on the plate) and align it again, just to be sure

Now test it by pressing that area of the drive, and it should look like a normal 5.25" bay without an ugly drive!

If you have a sunk in button:

Do the following above, but glue something on top of the button area (or tape something on top of the button) and continue with the steps above! :)

PICTURES!!!!

I am truly sorry for the poor image quality :(

SQJ3TVc.jpg    ^-Door open

pCU7gLq.jpg  ^-Door open inside shot

7MfjKyV.jpg  ^-button

9L0hFyT.jpg  ^-closed (cant even notice the button bump!) 

http://imgur.com/9L0hFyT all images

THIS is why I need a DSLR :P

P.S how do I make the images appear without link? Just picture

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Sorry if this was written pretty badly, i'm in a rush.

Also, I may post pictures later of the finished product.

Just to let you know:

We're probably all waiting for pictures.

You can't just be a tease and not post pictures when you say it looks awesome breh.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just to let you know:

We're probably all waiting for pictures.

You can't just be a tease and not post pictures when you say it looks awesome breh.

k lemme get on that!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

And that's why I bought a case with a door. :)

Almost thought you had a Define RFridge, but it turns out you have a Phantom.

Faith in humanity = Restored

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

If I'm going to buy anything that looks like a fridge it better function like one.

If I'm going to buy anything that looks like a fridge it better function like one.

330R?

And that's why I kept my Zalman Z11 until I ended up with a Shinobi, which was replaced with the C70, which was suceeded by a Node 304 which has now been supplanted by the Air 540 (which is on it's side.)

I have owned way too many cases. On reccomendation from Austin Evans, I almost bought an R4 to start with. Maybe then I wouldn't have had so many cases.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

want to try this @tmcclelland455 on your 300r?

wat

DVD drives look fine in it. I'll have to snap some pics with my shitty old DVD drive in it next weekend and PM them to you or something.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I don't know if you're asking or stating?

what about the Corsair 330R? You said you would buy anything that looks like a fridge and functions like one. The 330R has a door...

And that's why I kept my Zalman Z11 until I ended up with a Shinobi, which was replaced with the C70, which was suceeded by a Node 304 which has now been supplanted by the Air 540 (which is on it's side.)

I have owned way too many cases. On reccomendation from Austin Evans, I almost bought an R4 to start with. Maybe then I wouldn't have had so many cases.

I've only owned this one. I plan to keep it as long as possible.

what about the Corsair 330R? You said you would buy anything that looks like a fridge and functions like one

No I said if I'm going to buy anything that looks like a fridge, it better function like one. Ie: if it looks like a fridge, it is a fridge.

Cant wait to see pics as well! Good on you for taking problem solving into your own hands.

wat

DVD drives look fine in it. I'll have to snap some pics with my shitty old DVD drive in it next weekend and PM them to you or something.

I hope its beige. I really do.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Cant wait to see pics as well! Good on you for taking problem solving into your own hands.

Black all the way. :D

EDIT: Last one (in the log) was white.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I did post the pics...

But I dont know how to make them directly viewable 

what about the Corsair 330R? You said you would buy anything that looks like a fridge and functions like one. The 330R has a door...

I have the 330R right now. I cant wait to upgrade to the 760T. The 330R sucks for airflow (though it is meant to be a quiet case...) but I bought the case 6 months before adding two full length gpus. Oh and if you mount a rad to the top (Im using corsairs h110) you cant use the top two optical bays - so I flipped it around so the tubes are at the rear, but I had to jerry-rig the exhaust fan on the outside of the case in order to do that. Not. Great. At. All.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

. Oh and if you mount a rad to the top (Im using corsairs h110) you cant use the top two optical bays - so I flipped it around so the tubes are at the rear, but I had to jerry-rig the exhaust fan on the outside of the case in order to do that. Not. Great. At. All.

My 450D with H110 blocks the top bay, so I had to put the Hue there :)

LOL!!!

I've only owned this one. I plan to keep it as long as possible.

No I said if I'm going to buy anything that looks like a fridge, it better function like one. Ie: if it looks like a fridge, it is a fridge.

I found the perfect upgrade for you!

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

is it supposed to look like a car?

is it supposed to look like a car?

The lights and grille make it seem like it's made to look like a Mercedes-Benz.

ohgodwhatthefuckdidyoupost.jpg

:wacko:

The lights and grille make it seem like it's made to look like a Mercedes-Benz.

But.. I hate Mercs?