BFG Ageia PhysX Processor Card

This is why I'd always recommend choosing a card 99% based on its performance relative to its cost at the time of purchase. PhysX and similar technologies are a value-add sometimes, but probably aren't worth driving your decision. Similarly, its not worth going with AMD solely because of Mantle and TrueAudio support. But the GTX 760 has been a pretty solid card for its price for most of its lifetime, so its not like your decision is suddenly terrible in light of that.

Some games supporting PhysX have extra, hidden detail settings in their config files that allow you to tweak the maximum number of PhysX particles on screen at a time. I know Borderlands 2 falls into that category. If you're dedicated enough you can probably tweak your settings to make PhysX work better for you.

Yes, that's what I always did as well. When I bought this card it was @230€ while the R9 280 was at 270-280€ at the time (or the 280 wasn't out yet and there was only a 280x? Not quite sure about that).

Which version of PhysX do you have downloaded? Chan you go check and get back to me?

The latest version. I always update via Geforce Experience. The Nvidia controlpanel says 09.14.0702

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

The latest version. I always update via Geforce Experience. The Nvidia controlpanel says 09.14.0702

And what game(s) is giving you issues with it enabled?

Need more of these retro reviews. So much goodness in one video.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Yes, that's what I always did as well. When I bought this card it was @230€ while the R9 280 was at 270-280€ at the time (or the 280 wasn't out yet and there was only a 280x? Not quite sure about that).

Borderlands 2 runs on "low" only, Alice madness returns (same there or I even had to switch it off) - not sure about Batman - Arkham City (but that definately tanked when I still had that GTX 660 Ti and that one is almost as fast as the GTX760).

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I think that's why they even dont made any game with "really" amazing PhysX,let me explain; now most new games are really demanding (they will use 98/100% gpu) and where the card would get the power to run even PhysX? It simply cant... Thats why, in my opinion,they should bring back dedicated card for it

I still have my BFG PhysX card as well. I've still got my old VooDoo3 2000 and 5500 cards and the packaging, I could loan you to make some retro unboxing videos of, but I would want them back. I keep all of my old components and their packaging. Hell, I still have my old Commodore 64 and its 5 1/4 floppy drive. My closet is a PC history museum.

I LOVE MY PHYSX!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VafzR7JqO2I

... and clearly if you look at the comparisons in the videos with PhysX and no PhysX I can't understand why anyone wouldn't pay more for it.  Heck at times you don't have to pay that much for it.  Wait on a good price/sale for the Nvidia card you want.  Also I have to say I saw an article shared in a Kitguru post recently which showed why in certain situations one would still want a stand alone PhysX card in certain rigs.  Even with just a quick search I found this ..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1437283/dedicated-physx-card-tested-780-sli-vs-780-sli-660-ppu

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

please more of these vids i loved it

is that cards still getting updates to work with amd  or is it just completely useless

lives on

BAKABT

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I too remember this and feel old now. Keep doing Retro unboxings. Was interesting to see where the tech went though.

• 3 months later...

Pffft you want a real retro unboxing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiIfSCuwiQw

holy shit is that logan..... 

hot damn.... 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Hi, I ran up on this card today,

I wonder if I buy this, can I pair it with radeon 7950 to get phisix, Would it work?

i beleive you're better off getting like a gtx 260 or whatever. but yeah sure i guess. i dont know much about this side of gaming.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i beleive you're better off getting like a gtx 260 or whatever. but yeah sure i guess. i dont know much about this side of gaming.

I wonder what would hapend with in game performance. Will it stay same,go up,down (fps speaking). ?