Destiny - yay or nay?

Sooo... yeah. Is PS4 worth getting it for Destiny now keeping later exclusives/great games in mind? I'm most likely gonna get the console sooner or later for some exclusives, but after watching and reading some reviews and playing a bit of Destiny on my friend's PS3 I'm kinda tempted to get it right now (and the game as well).  I've played for about four hours of it, I've enjoyed the game so far, but the prevailing opinion overall seems to be that the game doesn't live up to its hype (like the campaign is short, missions are repetitive and grinding is real). I have an opinion on the console (PS4 all the way) but I'd like to hear your opinions on the game.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

its never worth getting one console for one game, and its a nay

Never said it was for one single game.

Destiny is an awesome game. I play it on my sad xbox one :P but its super fun. now i might be a bit  bias because i am a huge halo fan, but i think its a really fun game. The Soundtrack is amazing too.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

Great game, wouldn't just get the ps4 for that exclusively. With the amount of games out for it right now, I would recommend waiting. Therefore nay.

Great game, wouldn't just get the ps4 for that exclusively. With the amount of games out for it right now, I would recommend waiting. Therefore nay.

Nah, not just for Destiny. I'm gonna get the Last of Us (cause I missed it) and I'm sure there are more exclusives down the line.

Destiny is an awesome game. I play it on my sad xbox one  :P but its super fun. now i might be a bit  bias because i am a huge halo fan, but i think its a really fun game. The Soundtrack is amazing too.

I see, thanks for the input. The music is awesome indeed.

It'll be worth it sooner or later but just for destiny, nah. Especially because it's a game meant to play with friends.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

It'll be worth it sooner or later but just for destiny, nah. Especially because it's a game meant to play with friends.

Friends are not an issue

If there's a few other games you want to play, I say go for it. Especially if you're able to buy one on a classifieds site or something, saving yourself quite a bit of cash.

While I hate the PS4, I do like consoles for gaming sometimes. It's nice to just crash on the couch, hit 2 or 3 buttons and be ready to play.

Depends on the game, really. If there's one title, but you get 150+ hours of pure enjoyment out of it, I'd say it's worth it.

I quite often pay $18 to go watch a movie. 150 hours is only $3/hr with the cost of the console plus the game. You'd be hard pressed to find a better entertainment value.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You can start hoarding free PS Plus games if you get it now. That's the only benefit I see.

Friends are not an issue

If you're buddies have a PS4 then maybe now might be the time. Still kinda meh IMO

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

Definitely yay. It's some of the best times I've had in a video games in a long time. Doing the raid makes you coordinate with others in ways that modern games haven't done in a while. Yes it does have its grinding moments and so forth but the rewards you get and improvements are definite. Worth playing through and through

It's a pretty fun game that is very challenging, but I wouldn't buy a PS4 JUST for that, if you're interested in other exclusives like The last of us, unchartered and The Order: 1886 then I say go for it

I'm enjoying it quite a lot, the story is a bit flawed but it's still not terrible.  The multiplayer is quite good once you get used to it, the gun play feels amazing totally smooth. The Last of Us is another great game, Been playing a bit of that when PSN or Bungie is down for maintenance.  I picked up a Xim4 Keyboard and Mouse adapter for my PS4 which makes shooter games a lot more enjoyable, I wouldn't be having any fun with either The Last of Us or Destiny without it.  Overall I'd say these 2 games alone are worth it, and I'm sure some other great games will be out in the future as well.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

I'm enjoying it quite a lot, the story is a bit flawed but it's still not terrible.  The multiplayer is quite good once you get used to it, the gun play feels amazing totally smooth. The Last of Us is another great game, Been playing a bit of that when PSN or Bungie is down for maintenance.  I picked up a Xim4 Keyboard and Mouse adapter for my PS4 which makes shooter games a lot more enjoyable, I wouldn't be having any fun with either The Last of Us or Destiny without it.  Overall I'd say these 2 games alone are worth it, and I'm sure some other great games will be out in the future as well.

Oh, actually about those mouse and kb adapters: do they make your experience PC-like or you're still limited to two axises?

sorry, I forgot the plural form for "axis" 

nay for story and repetitive missions, yay for graphics and overall game mechanics

Oh, actually about those mouse and kb adapters: do they make your experience PC-like or you're still limited to two axises?

axes

Destiny is pretty good

PS4 is also worth it for Uncharted 4 (fuck I am so excited)

The Last of US too

The Order 1866 looks decent

Let It Die

Little Big Planet 3

Bloodborne

etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Destiny is pretty good

PS4 is also worth it for Uncharted 4 (fuck I am so excited)

The Last of US too

The Order 1866 looks decent

Let It Die

Little Big Planet 3

Bloodborne

etc

TBH I didn't like LBP 1 nor 2.

with the xim4 it's as close as your going to get to a pc mouse and keyboard feeling, your still limited by the game's coded in turn speed so it won't be as fast as on pc where you can pretty much instantly whip around, but it's a hell of a lot more accurate then the thumb sticks, its 1:1 movement with the mouse, your just limited on how fast you can turn the camera.

here's a good example video:

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

with the xim4 it's as close as your going to get to a pc mouse and keyboard feeling, your still limited by the game's coded in turn speed so it won't be as fast as on pc where you can pretty much instantly whip around, but it's a hell of a lot more accurate then the thumb sticks, its 1:1 movement with the mouse, your just limited on how fast you can turn the camera.

here's a good example video:

That looks interesting but I'm not positive if I want to spend $125 on that thing...

That looks interesting but I'm not positive if I want to spend $125 on that thing...

It's actually quite sophisticated, a lot goes on in the backround of the device that keeps each game feeling smooth that similar adapters simply do not do.  Every game that comes out the developers need to create a new smart translator for it because every game has different look mechanics, that's why if you put the wrong smart translator on things feel really bad.  I seriously wouldn't be playing any shooter games on console if it weren't for the Xim adapter (which atm is only Destiny and The Last of Us, all other shooters I play on PC), to me it was worth every penny for my comfort/enjoyment.

AYFKM

Nay all the way! I knew from the start it would only be a more polished BF in space, and that's what it is. It's a shooter dressed up as an action game.